Kanger protank rebuild
Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast
Like Tree535Likes

Thread: Kanger protank rebuild

I want to be stereotyped. Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Kanger protank rebuild

I never had the desire or need to delve into the world of atomizer head rebuilding until I got my two Protanks. I was so enamored with these glass and metal beauties that my wife began to get a bit jealous. Seeing as how the replacement heads, and anything Protank for that matter, are quite hard to come by at the moment, I started to wonder what would happen when my heads failed. Would I be relegated to the bleek, dismal world of Vivi Nova and Vape Only BCC use? Oh, the humanity.

I decided that now was the time to learn to rebuild. Like my forefathers, I rolled up my shirt sleeves, cracked a beer and got to work. 'Merica.

This is my first rebuild. As the photos below will indicate, I'm really, really good at it.

Here's how I did it...

This is the atomizer head that was used for a bit over a week. It's dark and grimy and produces some ungodly flavors.
    Kanger protank rebuild-photo-1-.jpg

Here's the tools I used...man s#!t!
    Kanger protank rebuild-photo-2-.jpg

I used 3mm silica wick and 32 gauge Kanthal wire. A sewing needle is used to make wrapping the wick a but easier and avoid wrapping too tightly. Six wraps.
    Kanger protank rebuild-photo-3-.jpg

Here's the wrapped wick in the wick holder thingy after the remaining wire ends have been threaded through the wick holder thingy.
    Kanger protank rebuild-photo-4-.jpg

I screwed the base onto the wick holder thingy and screwed that onto my ProVari. It's showtime. Let's see how those coils look all glowy and orange.
    Kanger protank rebuild-photo-5-.jpg

I half expected red-hot wire shards to shoot into my eyeballs and boiling hot battery acid magma to flow out of the battery cap of the ProVari. Alas, the coils glow evenly and beautifully. Suck it, Bin Laden.

ECF will only allow 5 amazing photos per post, so the rest of this epic journey is detailed below...
    Last edited by FACE MEAT; 03-24-2013 at 01:50 AM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I separated the 3mm wick into thirds and used two of the thirds as flavor wicks. Here's the atomizer head after the rest of the thingies have been reattached. Sexy, aint she?
    Kanger protank rebuild-photo-6-.jpg

Let's saddle up and see what kind of Ohms she's giving...
    Kanger protank rebuild-photo-7-.jpg

Two Ohms. Booya.

Rebuilding was way easier and funner than I thought it'd be. Plus, I get to use pliers and wire cutters so my wife thinks I'm tough and masculine.

After reattaching the tank and filling with liquid, the rebuilt Protank is as good as new. Maybe a touch better. It's giving plenty of flavor and throat hit. The vapor production seems a bit better. I blew a massive cloud toward my cat and he scurried away like the little pansy he is.

Super Member ECF Veteran DesmondTheMoonbear's Avatar

This is probably the best thread I've ever read in my life. I'm lawling all over my carpet.

Sent from the MOON, using Tapatalk MOON™
    Last edited by DesmondTheMoonbear; 03-24-2013 at 04:19 AM.
    DaveP, robcope, levisdaddy and 3 others like this.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ha,ha, you had me interested until you started with the technical language, I don't even know if any of my devices have a wick holder thingy, but that won't stop me.

Super Member ECF Veteran LazyBulldogge's Avatar

Looks like a simple coil to rebuild, a la Vivi Nova, good stuff Thanks for sharing.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I've been vaping over 2 years and I haven't built one of those "thingys" yet. But I want to try with my Protank and Vivi Nova. Where do you get the wick and wire?

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Well I have several Protanks on the way. I suppose I will have to learn this skill. I did order some replacement heads, so I have a bit of time. Good form!

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Face meat you are awesome bro.

I was the one on the other pro tank thread saying I won't try one unless someone rebuilds it ha. Pure win.
    Dave L, daleron, vjdossey and 1 others like this.

SAG

Face Meat, Awesome! Even though it looks easy, I won't do it with my 2 pro tanks UNLESS I can't find replacement heads for them! I feel like I've got so much time in fiddling with cleaning and charging and researching, I'll just buy the heads. If you're not a writer, you should at least consider it because I'ld follow it even if you wrote about carpentry

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gonefishing View Post
    Where do you get the wick and wire?
    Amazon. I'm pretty sure I could have saved money buying elsewhere but Amazon's return policy is hassle-free.
    the_vape_nerd likes this.

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast