Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: gurgling protank

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nomorebutts4me View Post

bfrie:
    had my protank for a few days now. absolutely love it, havent put it down, until today

all day my protank has been flooding, causing extreme leaking, gurgling, lack of vapor, juice splashing in my mouth, harsh flavor etc. i tried emptying the thing out and refilling it twice, letting it sit, taking slower draws, faster draws, higher voltage, lower voltage, blowing juice out the head, etc.

the only solution that temporarily fixed the problem was blowing the excess juice out. when i did so a shockingly large amount of juice would come out. ive gone through 3 tanks today because of this, and most of it ended up on my evic and my fingers (messy cleanup)

is anyone else having this problem or found a solution? if not, i might have to take it out of my rotation until this problem is fixable.

Have you considered that your atomizer has just had it? A few days of constant vaping can wear out an atty in no time, especially with the darker fluids. Forgive me if I am wrong, but I didn't see in your description where you tried cleaning the atomizer out with hot water, or changing the atomizer. If my tank was leaking and spewing fluid all over the place I would suspect the atomizer being shot. I sure would give it a good cleaning and change the atomizer before I threw in the towel!

I know I am making myself a target here, but I think perhaps you are all being a bit severe about something you claimed to love just 12 hours previous. If it vaped beautifully before, it will vape beautifully again with the proper care, the ONLY variable being the atomizer, after all the rest is just metal and glass. Do you have bad atomizers now? They were good at first.... Are your replacement atomizers bad? perhaps, but a switch out should confirm this, sometimes you have to burn a few atomizers before you reach a conclusion the unit is defective.

Could you possibly explain to me how a metal and glass tank with no operative parts other than the atomizer "Go Bad?" Especially since it worked wonderfully at first? Did the metal warp? Did the glass impart some bad taste or Mojo? It's just a tank. If it worked at first and is now failing, IT"S THE ATOMIZER, the only variable in the setup. You could just as easily blame your battery! perhaps it's gone rogue and is deliberately destroying your vape. Perhaps it's kicking out ten times the voltage or none at all! Consider ALL the Variables!

The only legitimate complaint that I have seen is the complaint about it not operating in a cold room. This is something worth looking into and could be considered a good complaint.

As I said, I am drawing fire on myself for this but it's not as if I am a paid ardent supporter of Kanger products, they work for me but I accept there is a certain amount of "fiddling" that goes along with them. That includes replacing the atomizer, breaking it in correctly and knowing when it is failing and taking certain steps to correct it.

I refuse to give up on a product until I can rule out "Operator Error",(Yes, I was a Mac Tech), and undue wear and tear without due diligent maintenance. I suggest a good solution would be to return to the tutorials and read up on how you should have taken care of your unit, or at the very least, give a new atomizer or two a chance before trashing an entire line of products that you claim to have once loved.

Now I am going to "Duck and Cover"
    here it comes:
    i did indeed switch out the head after i burnt the first one out on the first day. i also mentioned cleaning the thing in both my op and several other posts on this thread. i also stated that none of that seemed to help. my battery is fine, you think i didnt test it on other tanks to make sure? the atomizer is NOT the only variable, as the base of the unit controls all the airflow, which could significantly affect the vape. also, no atty should be shot in 2 days, especially not a more high end one. also, as we all stated in this thread, a huge problem is that the upkeep on this thing is making it too inconvenient. if i wanted to clean a device every day and throw a new atomizer into it every 3 days, it would be perfect. alas, i dont want to do any of that, therefore i created this thread to look for solutions.

also, i posted in this thread that i managed to get it working again after a deep clean. you chose to ignore this and insist i never cleaned my tank. when you see a 4 page thread, its best to read through it to make sure the original issue has not been resolved already. i strongly believe it was simply having a bad day (yes inanimate objects can have those).

finally, i created this thread to ask advice from other vapers who had similar problems, not to be treated like i know nothing about vaping. in your entire post, you gave absolutely no advice to either me, darkhood, or any of the others who have had problems with this device. you simply said all of our complaints must be bogus since yours works perfectly. next time you make a post on a thread full of intelligent vapers, assume we went through all of the neccesary troubleshooting before posting on this site. i know i did, and im sure most of the others have as well. you can not criticize our complaints then simply give no advice other than "replace the atomizer."

edit: i mean absolutely no offense, i was just filling in the blanks for you im sure you see plenty of not-so-informed individuals on here and just wish to separate myself from them
    Last edited by bfrie; 03-26-2013 at 05:12 AM.
    BostonVape likes this.

no matter how much i save, i love vaping too much to ever break even :)

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Have had these for a week now and they work amazing. Did not like the airy draw so I blocked up one hole with a toothpick. Great draw, just right, but then it started gurgling and leaking. cleaned it out a few times but no better. took the tooth pick plug out and all leaking and gurgling stopped, works great again. I think the protank was designed with the airy draw for that reason. With the hole plugged it was sucking too much juice. Just my opinion. My vapeonly floods at the top of the tank were tip sit, it has a stiff draw and if I don't draw on it hard it will not flood. maybe we're all just sucking on these things to hard, lighten up and see if they don't work better. these things are not built by rocket scientist and all the juices are different. So each coil and juice combo is going to work differently. Find what works and stick with it. Also keeping all my bbc's at least half full seems to make a big difference, below half full is when the problems start. Just my 3 cents.
    Last edited by alongo; 03-26-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    The Ocelot likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sikko View Post
    That's interesting, I have that whistling as well. I'll have to try that. If it cuts down on the airyness that's an even bigger plus.
    please post if it works for you. what ratio your juice is etc. i am curious to see if it will work with a higher pg juice.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by alongo View Post
    Have had these for a week now and they work amazing. Did not like the airy draw so I blocked up one hole with a toothpick. Great draw, just right, but then it started gurgling and leaking. cleaned it out a few times but no better. took the tooth pick plug out and all leaking and gurgling stopped, works great again. I think the protank was designed with the airy draw for that reason. With the hole plugged it was sucking too much juice. Just my opinion. My vapeonly floods at the top of the tank were tip sit, it has a stiff draw and if I don't draw on it hard it will not flood. maybe we're all just sucking on these things to hard, lighten up and see if they don't work better. these things are not built by rocket scientist and all the juices are different. So each coil and juice combo is going to work differently. Find what works and stick with it. Also keeping all my bbc's at least half full seems to make a big difference, below half full is when the problems start. Just my 3 cents.

try a un-modded evod coil in the protank. it tightened up the draw for me and i get no gurgling or leaking. i use vg based juice. higher pg based juice may have problems becasue the evod coil wicks VERY well in the protank. haha big ole bubbles burping up. hehehe
    cherrycakes likes this.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Will try one when I get some new ones... mine have vanished somewhere.

Super Member ECF Veteran Omnipanzer's Avatar

Awwww crapsticks, I really wanted one of these too.
    Looks like I'm waiting until V2.
    Thanks for posting your issues everyone.

If the days in this banner don't equate to my start date I'm clearly where I need to be. Current setup: Segelei ZMax 18650, Innokin MVP, Protank2, Mini Protank 2.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by alongo View Post
    I think you're right. The only thing I've done about the airy draw was screw down the Protank as tightly as I could, which generally stops the whistling. I've tried plugging the holes of T3s and eVods with my fingers, though, just to see how effective it would be before trying something permanent. A few draws later, they would both leak. These things are designed to work with the given airflow in mind, so plugging the air channels to fix the airy draw is likely just trading one issue for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Wings View Post
    try a un-modded evod coil in the protank. it tightened up the draw for me and i get no gurgling or leaking. i use vg based juice. higher pg based juice may have problems becasue the evod coil wicks VERY well in the protank. haha big ole bubbles burping up. hehehe
    I'm going to give this a try, too, once I find an eVod head that'll fire on my Protank. The amount of air that the thicker eVod gasket blocks is probably small enough not to make a huge pressure difference and cause the tank to leak.

Aside from a tighter draw, have you noticed any change in flavor by swapping in an eVod head?

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

One good thing I discovered:
    The hole in the mouth piece is wide enough to put a q-tip down and sop up some of the juice
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

No one needs a ProVari, but if you're thinking of getting one, join us ➤➤ Lunatic Fringe

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Wings View Post
    please post if it works for you. what ratio your juice is etc. i am curious to see if it will work with a higher pg juice.
    So I replaced the head on the protank with the EVOD head. Still whistles still airy plus now it sounds more like a carto lol snap crackle pop. I'll give it some time to break in and let you know what I think. This is a 50/50 juice. I'll try something with higher pg after this tank.

ECF Veteran

Mine started to gurgle last night so I turned it upside down for 30 seconds or so and then it was fine was using 70/30 usually use 50/50.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast