Kanger Protank Coils
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kanger Protank Coils

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default Kanger Protank Coils

Good morning. I wondered if anyone out there knew how long I could expect a Kanger Protank coil to last? I am a heavy vaper. Does the voltage I run through it play a part?

Any help would be appreciated. I just got the tank yesterday. I probably should have asked this question in advance but c'est la vie.

Cheers,
    Doug

i am also wandering this as well....

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm going on my 3rd week of the same coil. I modified the stock wick a little, clean out the tank every other day. It's usually in my Vamo and only gets switched out with the AGA-T2 in the weekends.

All I can say it works and tastes just as good since I tweaked it.

how did you modify it?

Resting In Peace ECF Veteran txtumbleweed's Avatar

Mine seem to start toneed dryburning after about a week. I just discard and replace with a new one if I detect any problem being as they only cost about 1.20. I haven't had any coils burn out or stop working. I just throw the discards in a ziplock and save for dryburning when times get hard
    This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Senior Member ECF Veteran AlanWoltemath's Avatar

i was running the protank at 4.2 volts and got a burnt taste after the first day, replaced the atomizer head and started vaping at around 3.7 to 3.8 and smooth sailing for a week now.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

There are 2 issues you will find with these heads.

1: fluid seeps past the wick and floods the atty chamber causing gurgling and minor flooding.

2: the wicks run a little dry and burn up.

Now if you remove the top (flavor) wick to prevent the second issue, the first will likely pop up. What I did was relocate the top wick material to the sides. Tightens up the draw a little, exposes the top of the coil and prevents fluid from flooding past the wicks.

I have one coil that toasted the wick in less than a day. Very airy draw too then I switched out the coils and started tinkering and this is what I came up with. It seems to work well and much better than stock.

Full Member Verified Member Keiwie's Avatar

They should last about a month, it really depends. The case it came in has a card in it telling you what voltage you should be running with which ohm. They come with 2.5 ohm coils so about 4 volts is good. I just ordered some evod low ohm coils so I'll let you know how they work.

Blog Entries

I have 8 Protanks, it varies depending on how much you vape it and what juices you are running in it. Dark fluids or syrupy clog the atty faster.

I rinse the atty under a stream of very hot water about every three fills and dab dry.

I rinse the atty, remove the flavor wicks and do a dry burn when they start to get soggy and lose flavor, replace the flavor wicks and dab dry and let sit overnight.

I am now rebuilding atty's, very easy to do and cheap so I may not even bother rinsing anymore....

On average they last two to four weeks.

Senior Member ECF Veteran AlanWoltemath's Avatar

Its seems like the higher the vg mix is the quicker you will gunk up your atomizer head. I got 2 days out of one of my coils running it at 3.7 volts using 100% vg 555 liquid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast