Cleaning Kanger ProTank and Heads - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Cleaning Kanger ProTank and Heads

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

UPDATE: fixed the flooding problem but have trouble getting cleaned heads wicking again. Any others having this problem or am I just the only luck one. LOL

louis

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Cleaned 5 heads. some with hot water & some with Everclear & let them sit for 3 days. None want to wick now. Any ideas?

Louis

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mindmajick View Post
    Be careful cleaning with vodka. I recommend a distilled water rinse afterwords since vaping alcohol can be very dangerous.

I know the alcohol is a common practice but personally avoid the risk.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Alcohol evaporates very quickly. It is also used in many flavoring and to dilute very thick juices (or to increase TH). There is no danger in vaping eliquids with a little alcohol added--unless there are other reasons to avoid alcohol.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    Cleaned 5 heads. some with hot water & some with Everclear & let them sit for 3 days. None want to wick now. Any ideas?

Louis
    Prime the coils with a little PG or VG or whatever juice you're using?
    randomhousegir likes this.

Full Member Verified Member PariahNine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 317Vapers View Post
    This is what I do to clean & dry burn before I swap out juices!
    Just wanted to extend some serious gratitude. Bought a pack of 1.8 ohm Kangertech coil heads, and was certain I'd be throwing them out after using them. Your contribution saved me some cash. This technique worked amazingly well, and the coil heads seem to be functioning as good, if not better than, when I first bought them.

Again, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I rebuild my coils for my eVods, and when I change flavor, I take the whole thing apart except for the coil and bottom pin. I rinse everything under the hot tap to wash off the liquid. Then I put the whole lot in hot distilled water for about five minutes. After five minutes I change the water, and then after another five minutes I change the water again. Afterwards I dry the lot with a paper towel, and leave to dry overnight, I then put in two new wicks the following day. I usually have two coils on rotation, though I have many more built and ready to use.

I am considering washing the tank and base only and not washing the coil every time, but simply changing the wicks, and only cleaning the coils every two weeks or so. I don't think they need it. I'm quite possibly overdoing it.

Super Member ECF Veteran randomhousegir's Avatar

You are for the most part. There are SOME flavors that will "stain" tanks but I usually just dump my tank and fill with new flavor and boom, its ready. I USED to move heaven and earth to clean my tank but when I found it didn't matter most the time I stopped doing it
    CMD-Ky likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234