Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Burnt Taste with Kanger ProTank

Quote Originally Posted by mtdewfreak View Post
    i found evod heads seem to work longer in the protank than do the protank heads
    Same here - nicer draw too :-)

Moved On ECF Veteran

Yeah, looks good

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I've found flipping the little rubber grommet on the chimney completely solves the burning issues I've had. The airflow seems to be a ton better too... I was about ready to give up on my protank ii when I saw this simple solution on reddit. Game changer.
    Lisa Belle, becky7234 and Khilbron like this.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by spaternitejr View Post
    I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I've found flipping the little rubber grommet on the chimney completely solves the burning issues I've had. The airflow seems to be a ton better too... I was about ready to give up on my protank ii when I saw this simple solution on reddit. Game changer.
    I haven't had any problems with my PTII since I got an iTaste last week but I'm curious to try this. You mean the cylindrical silicon piece right? The one that almost pushed on the wicks? If so, I can do that. Is it cool to do if I have no issues or would it cause other issues?
    Lisa Belle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spaternitejr View Post
    I just did this on my PT2 and my PT1, Just amazing, Thank You so much!

Did a rinse,and dry burn, and flipped the gromet. Way better hits, no burt taste...for now.

I ordered some SS mesh. From what ive read it wicks faster than silica.
    I believe that the burnt taste is from lack of juice begin wicked. Since the gromet covers part of the wick holes i feel like it prevents the juice from wicking well imho.
    Either way, flipping the gromet works well to get more juice flow. Hopefully SS mesh works just as well or better.
    If your putting out more watts, you are vaping juice faster, therefore need to flow juice in faster.
    Id try flipping the grommet first if your using the 1.5 or the 1.8 ohm coils it should have good juice flow at 4.2 v. If you wanna go higher volt and lower resist(by rebuilding coil), id try the ss mesh for faster wicking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12