Burnt Taste with Kanger ProTank
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Burnt Taste with Kanger ProTank

Senior Member ECF Veteran MtnLioness's Avatar
    Spokane Valley, Washington, United States

Question Burnt Taste with Kanger ProTank

I loved this tank right off the bat--but I can't turn up the volts on my variable voltage eCig. Even with it just at 4.0, I get the burnt taste. Then having to keep it at such a low voltage, I can't get the heavy power hit I'm used to (I was vaping with a different tank at 4.7 with no issues before using the Kanger ProTank).

I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or can do something different. I'm vaping 50/50 PG/VG. I was told 80/20 is best, and i have some new juice that will be arriving with that ratio.

Hoping I can get some advice that will help--because I want to love this tank!

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Burnt Taste with Kanger ProTank-401360_10151424296215488_1843024550_n.jpg  
    Lisa Belle likes this.

first question would be what is

1. the ohm in this current setup ?
    2. the ohm is yr previous setup at 4.7v ?

Moved On

Loosen up the gnurled ring just a bit at the bottom, its at the bottom of the KPT where it screws onto the battery. (dont loosen the connection to your battery, but just ABOVE it)

Take a hit without hitting the power button.....now hit your button and you should see quite a bit bigger hit.

Full Member Supporting Member

If you, at some point before the wick soaked up juice, fired it up dry, the burnt taste would remain, even after you soak the wick.
    Jay-dub likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaamzhow View Post
    If you, at some point before the wick soaked up juice, fired it up dry, the burnt taste would remain, even after you soak the wick.
    How do you fix this issue?

[edit: I had the same problem as the OP. This post I replied to made sense, and I think I might have done that. I just replaced the atomizer head, and it seems like you were right.

Is there any salvaging the atomizer head i replaced?]
    Last edited by supermarket; 05-16-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Soak the atomizer head in water overnight if you want to attempt a salvage. Take it out in the morning, let it dry for at least 4 hours, perform a dry burn, load in the tank and let is soak a bit.

Also, the advice above is good regarding loosening the seal just above the connector. For some reason the protank creates a vaccum inside the tank if it's overtightened. Loosen it slowly while you tip the entire unit away from you, look for a bubble or two to rise to the top. That bubble is a sign it is wicking. The Tank itself generally will not leak even if it is slightly unscrewed to allow some air in. With the tank slightly unscrewed, prevent dry burns by periodically tipping it and looking for a bubble.

Finally, due the airy draw, you probably don't need more than 8 watts of power to the coil. If the could itself is ~1.7ohms (which most of my hand-rewired ones are), they hit like a champ at 3.7 volts.

Good luck,

Clark

Build your own coils. After a couple days of trial and error, i can crank out a protank coil in a couple minutes that performs much better than a stock kanger coil. They are easier than a vivi to rebuild. Id tell you what i do but honestly between myself and two buddies we all build them different and like our own better. It takes very little kanthal and wick to make them, so they are a great way to learn!

The reason you cant crank them is almost always a wicking issue, though. The above posters are quite correct. I dont like the untwisting methid because it can turn into a juicey mess. I saw some success with taking the flavor wick out before i got into building coils. You really just have to experiment and deconstruct them to understand how they work.

Lower ohms would also help with hits, something you can do with replacement coils or rebuilt ones. I did a bunch of 1.5 ohm heads and liked the results, but 1.7 to 2.0 gave me more wraps of coil, more hot surface, and i was surprised by how much more vaper I got from it.
    Lisa Belle and Razorback like this.

Default I dont think so

Quote Originally Posted by jaamzhow View Post
    I dont think so, I do this all the time and once the juice is soaked , The burned taste goes away. I cant say the same about cartos. Using a kanger pro tank with 2.5o

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kalidus8 View Post
    I dont think so, I do this all the time and once the juice is soaked , The burned taste goes away. I cant say the same about cartos. Using a kanger pro tank with 2.5o
    I find that soaking the burnt wicks overnight in alcohol works even better.
    Jay-dub likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member

i found evod heads seem to work longer in the protank than do the protank heads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast