Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Kanger Pro Tank VS Vivi Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Bird View Post
    Vivi Nova is the easiest to fill item on the market, imo. They do not leak, either. Visions don't leak, maybe you buy "knockoffs?"

They do "mute" flavor somewhat and acidic juices can melt them.

Lets stick to the facts.
    Have you tried the EVOD heads on your kanger protank? I am wondering if the answer is yes... if you get a less airy draw?

Resident Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Airiness is subjective. If I switch back to a carto these days the carto seems stiff and hard to draw through. At first, the Kanger Protank seemed too easy on the draw. Then, the metal tip seemed cold to the touch and created a sensation of cold vapor. I've been going back and forth from the Protank to the Vivi Nova to the carto and now the differences are much smaller and less significant.

I still think that a good carto is a little better than the Protank or the Viv Nova (and is more compact), I still like the tanks for the amount of juice they hold. I find myself still carrying a 3ml bottle of juice in my pocket. With the tanks, it gets used much less when I'm away from home. That, and I find myself having to blow out the carto into a napkin after touching it up. Not so much with the tanks.
    Last edited by DaveP; 05-22-2013 at 11:34 AM.

And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that. Down from 2 PAD!

Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 ... my favorite vapes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Someone here suggested removing the silicone seal over the head next to the wicks for better flavor and wicking. I took mine out and the flavor and vapor soared. The only drawback is that once the juice gets really low, there's some gurgling that occurs, probably because air gets to the wicks when you tilt to vape once the juice level is down . Other than that, it makes a huge difference in wicking performance and flavor. I refill when the juice gets to 20% or so.

I put mine back in last night to see if my experience was just coincidental. Within 10 minutes, the wick starvation taste was back. I removed it again and flavor returned. Mine's back out now, probably for good.
    Thanx for the awesome tip. Flavour is MUCH better.

All I have ever used are the Vivi Novas, they have worked well for me. Seems the darker juices gunk the coil fairly fast and i usually feel the need to clean them every 1 or 2 tanks.

Any tanks that require less cleaning?

Senior Member Verified Member III BIRDMAN III's Avatar

I have been having issues with anything BCC
    When the liquid gets low it gurgles and leaks

You can't go wrong with a Vivi Nova its a solid Vape and coils are easy to use.
    The only bad thing about a Vivi Nova is you can't change the head without emptying the tank

I was not impressed with the Kanger... I threw it out driving on the highway....Put a Nova Back On....LMAO
    klynnn and djsvapour like this.

I have used both. Loved the nova until I got iclear 30. Picked up a protank at vapfest and after getting a costumed to the airy draw I like the protank. Still use all three but don't think I'd get another vivi nova any time soon.

Sorry forgot to say, once you drop the protank you need another one. That's the only draw back for me.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markn519 View Post
    Sorry forgot to say, once you drop the protank you need another one. That's the only draw back for me.
    I dropped mine outside on a brick patio a couple of weeks ago. Have a battle scar on the Vamo and Protank, but both have been working like a champ since then.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

It's a tough one. I have 1 protank, 1 iclear16, 3 mini vivi novas and 5 evods.

All excellent. All different.

I no longer use T3s and Vision V3s.

Resident Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

All in all, I'm still looking for the perfect vape. Nothing is as easy as lighting up. It's just dangerous using tobacco and I won't let myself go back and don't want to, in fact.

I keep telling myself that someone will develop the trouble free vaping method that is a good, repeatable vape that doesn't leak, doesn't irritate the throat, has somewhat adjustable draw, is the same from start to finish, tastes wonderful, and is easy to clean and maintain.

They are getting closer with the Vivi Nova and the Kanger. If I'm honest the SmokTech carto is one of the best for taste and ease of use. The rest are convenient and reusable, but not quite perfect. I like the tanks for high juice capacity and convenience. I still go back to the carto here and there for the ultimate flavor.

We've come a long way since the Joye 510 and its fiberfill material with a mesh wick. Those were a real pain.

And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that. Down from 2 PAD!

Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 ... my favorite vapes.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast