Anyone modify an iclear 30 for an easier pull?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone modify an iclear 30 for an easier pull?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Anyone modify an iclear 30 for an easier pull?

I was wondering if anyone had attempted to mod an iclear 30 for an easier pull. I'm not looking to make it hit like a kanger, but somewhere in between would be perfect.

Thoughts? I think I'll try enlarging the air holes just above the threads if anyone thinks that would work.

I like to know of any mods too. Just can't get mine to hit right. Used to Protanks I guess. It is just not what I expected. Curious to hear about anyone else's experiences

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Problem I am having is mine leaks out the 510 connection so bad I can't use it. The I16 I have never had leaking issues. Not sure if it is a bad head as I don't have a replacement on hand to test. But new out of the box its been leaking. Is there a fix for this?

I have not been happy with mine either. It leaks bad. I tried a thorough cleaning and looked up a few things, but then got frustrated after rebuilding it again and still leaking so I put my Vivi Nova back on.
    any tips on getting it to not leak would be great since I have heard some good things about the iclear.

Full Member ECF Veteran Unrequitedandrology's Avatar

Mine leaked for the first time today ever. I like using the lower 1.5 ohms head on it for easier pulls.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran VictoryNotVengence's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i havn't had leaking. i'd say fill it only to the 2.5ml line and see if it still leaks. I found that raising the 2ohm head to 4v really opens up the draw.

Full Member ECF Veteran Unrequitedandrology's Avatar

Ok so now when refilling it leaks out of the bottom!!!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just a thought, is the small o-ring missing from the base piece( where the head screws on)?
    Amethyst_Star and SuperLamer like this.

...................Smoke free 4/26/2012 Nic free 12/19/14

I'd love to know as well if anyone has done any sort of modding to the iClear 30. Mine doesn't leak and while I love it, I wish it had a pyrex or polypro tank. Can that be done?

Also, mine fogs no matter what type of juice I use. Menthol is the worst though.

Another thought, can it be rebuilt with one coil?

I loving my 30.it work beautifully; great draw, no leaks ,no problems. So lets look at what you're using it on. I have mine on a zmax wit eGo threads which is more open than a standard 510 at the top. If you're using a 510 I imagine its possible that the threads might obscure the air holes just a bit.
    As for leaks I guess that's why the print 3.0 ml max on the tank . however I routinely fill mine to the top of the white plastic cover on the head unit without leaks.
    The only time I've had a leak with the 16 the head unit wasn't threaded in all the way. I tightened that puppy down and problem solved.

The Iclears 30 and 16 are some real decent tanks that seem to be fairly durable( though I have broken the threads off 3 30s so far).theyre fairly cheap compared to some other stuff out there,easy to change out the heads and relatively foolproof for beginners. I've never had a dry hit on the iclear30.

Don't give up, maybe a 510/eGo adapter would help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast