Kangertech Protank Base - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kangertech Protank Base

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    Hey Guys... I have made a boo-boo , I managed to damage the base of my Protank... the part where the coil is installed (Base), I have search everywhere with no luck... I even checked their website and they are out of stock, any suggestions? Help!!!
    Seems unthinkable one of the local shops in Miami doesn't have them in stock.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brewer26 View Post
    Ok, I used a different evod head and still had major leakage. But! Upon close inspection the leak was coming from the seam where the glass meets the metal. So, I just tossed that tank in the garbage and tested on my other Protank. The evod head tightens the draw tremendously so much so that if I screw the whole Protank assembly with the evod head now on into my Provari I get absolutely no air flow whatsoever. There is no draw at all. I had to actually unscrew the tank from the Provari a half turn to get any draw at all. So now it appears I have an adjustable airflow depending how much I screw the tank down. So I can actually now dial in how tight a draw I want. That works for me for now I suppose. However, the base of the Protank has a small gap where it meets the Provari. So that may put a little stress on the threads. Not sure.

I am noticing more popping sounds though with the evod head as opposed to the Protank head so it still might be leeching out ever so slightly. So in conclusion, the evod head does tighten my draw considerably depending on how much I tighten the tank down but I don't think I will be buying anymore evod heads for this purpose. I will try the Teflon tape idea on the Protank head next to see how that works for me in tightening the draw.

Good to know that it will at least work if the new ones don't come in to stock and there is a problem with the brass base. For tightening the draw, I slapped an air flow controller on and it works real well for tuning your draw. Me likey.

Teflon tape over the threads and a pin to two of the three holes and the draw is perfect. I'll just use the evods for wick and coil transplants when needed.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've had 0 problems with mine that i've had for a month. I would like to know where I can source replacement o rings though, since they are looking a little worn.

ECF Moderator
    Registered Reviewers/Bloggers Manager
    Asst. Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Moved to Clearomizers from New Members
    ECF Sub-Ohm Safety Tips
    FDA Forum | CASAA Forum | Legislation News | Nicotine Myths | E-Cigarette Politics

New from ECF: www.VAPING.com
    S M O K E . F R E E . & . V A P I N G . S I N C E . A U G. 1 0 , 2 0 1 1

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    The base on the protank doesn't seem to be what's vulnerable to breaking. If anything it's probably the replaceable coil which, as some have noted, is a bit too airy. This could result in excess leaking too which has also been noted and which I have experienced a bit of. The evod coils do fit the protank base perfectly and they have a less airy draw, a much better draw in my opinion. The base itself is just a heavy thick electroplated chromed brass that has a silicone ring, and any other parts that would get wear are all on the replaceable coil.
    Tell that to the 6 protanks I have all snapped off at the base . Any hard hit to them from the side will snap the threaded part right off . Even on a hard desk if it slips from your hand and drops 6 inches and hits tank first .

ECF Veteran

In stock here but more $ Kanger ProTank Base Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by boony View Post
    What people are referring to are the 510 threads on the base of the ProTank. These are indeed very vulnerable to breaking. They can, and do snap off the base if the Protank is dropped while attached to a mod. So much so that Discount Vapers can't seem to keep enough replacements in stock.
    Dido. Short fall onto soft carpet snapped the 510 off leaving the threads in my vamo (easy to remove). I figured the glass would break before the post. Nope.

I just re-wicked it with 3mm silica, no top wicks, and it was working great. Never had a leak with it, but.. ugh! Just when it was perfect!

Can this be soldered?

Full Member Verified Member boony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by discooby View Post
    Dido. Short fall onto soft carpet snapped the 510 off leaving the threads in my vamo (easy to remove). I figured the glass would break before the post. Nope.

I just re-wicked it with 3mm silica, no top wicks, and it was working great. Never had a leak with it, but.. ugh! Just when it was perfect!

Can this be soldered?
    Solder would mess up the threading, and would not be strong enough to weather the stress from screwing it on and off.

On a happier note, I found bases for sale at Free-Cigs for $1.89.

Also, if you're willing to pay $10 for shipping, you could get them direct from kangertech for a buck each.

ECF Veteran

Eric at discount vapers said he will be listing more protank bases this afternoon about 4-4:30 and the prices is just under $2.00, http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger...e-replacement/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast