T3S Coils - Alternative
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: T3S Coils - Alternative

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default T3S Coils - Alternative

I guess I didn't read all the fine print. I got 4 T3S clearos because I like the T3 for away from home and I thought the ProTank coils would work with them, thereby simplifying my rebuilding regimen. Wrong. The Evod/PT coils don't fit in the T3S, the metal ring near the base is too large to go all the way into the T3S. I thought about grinding down the base ring on the PT coils to fit the T3. While probably workable, it would be a hassle. On a whim, I tried one of my old style T3 bases in the T3S tank. It fits and works well, so far. So I will be using the old style coils in my T3S's. Since I have 20 or more of these coils I'll get by until Kanger settles on ONE coil for their product line, or something better comes along.
    Smokachino and flowerpots like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Great! This is exactly the info I was looking for. I have a couple T3S in my cart, but was wondering if my old T3 coils would work in a pinch (too bad about the ProTank/Evods not working ). Thanks for posting!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have an evod coil in one of my T3Ss... a T3S coil in one of my evods...

Kanger also states that:
    1),Bottom coil for Kanger Protank & mini Protank are compatiable with Kanger E-VOD coil
    2),Kanger T3S,mini T3S and MT3S use the same bottom coil

Of course, Kanger is also saying ALL Kanger products on Fasttech are fake.. (not so..Many are, but not all) LOL

http://www.szkanger.com/news.asp
    Rickajho and flowerpots like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member IBCR Media's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgeek View Post
    I guess I didn't read all the fine print. I got 4 T3S clearos because I like the T3 for away from home and I thought the ProTank coils would work with them, thereby simplifying my rebuilding regimen. Wrong. The Evod/PT coils don't fit in the T3S, the metal ring near the base is too large to go all the way into the T3S. I thought about grinding down the base ring on the PT coils to fit the T3. While probably workable, it would be a hassle. On a whim, I tried one of my old style T3 bases in the T3S tank. It fits and works well, so far. So I will be using the old style coils in my T3S's. Since I have 20 or more of these coils I'll get by until Kanger settles on ONE coil for their product line, or something better comes along.
    Hmm. I don't have a T3S, but I do have two MT3S tanks, and the Evod coils fit. What's the difference between the T3S base and the MT3S base?

I got the MT3S for the same reason you got the T3S--to simplify replacement and not have to worry about keeping up with different coils. So far, so good.

Kanger T3/MT3 Coil Upgrade - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

These are supposed to work with both the T3 and MT3.

BTW, Kanger is standardizing the coils for their BCC line of tanks. They're not shipping the smaller, thinner ID Evod coils anymore and standardizing on the longer, airy coils shipped with PT's and MT3S. Those also work in Evods. I've got two of'em installed in Evods right now.
    Train2 likes this.

Vapers Blessing: May your batteries be fully charged, your atomizer full of great liquid, your coils wrapped to the sweet spot and your vapor clouds be big, bright and beautiful.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by IBCR Media View Post
    Hmm. I don't have a T3S, but I do have two MT3S tanks, and the Evod coils fit. What's the difference between the T3S base and the MT3S base?

I got the MT3S for the same reason you got the T3S--to simplify replacement and not have to worry about keeping up with different coils. So far, so good.

BTW, Kanger is standardizing the coils for their BCC line of tanks. They're not shipping the smaller, thinner ID Evod coils anymore and standardizing on the longer, airy coils shipped with PT's and MT3S. Those also work in Evods. I've got two of'em installed in Evods right now.

The T3S and the MT3S (just like the T3 and MT3) are the same. The "M" is for the metal sleeve.

ECF Veteran

I'm using a T3S coil in my Protank atm.
    chaos-7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SupplyDaddy View Post
    The T3S and the MT3S (just like the T3 and MT3) are the same. The "M" is for the metal sleeve.
    That's what I thought, but I don't have a T3 or T3S to examine or compare to my MT3S's. When I read the OP, I went to my gadget box and pulled out one of my spare MT3S bases, a PT/T3S head and an Evod head.

Everything fit up as designed.

Vapers Blessing: May your batteries be fully charged, your atomizer full of great liquid, your coils wrapped to the sweet spot and your vapor clouds be big, bright and beautiful.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by IBCR Media View Post

Yes - fine print can be annoying. But with any clearo you have to make sure you get the correct doohickie that fits your whatnot. Don't assume - ask.

Having found that I loved the T3's I was getting annoyed with the lack of availability of the heads. (Kanger could be a lot more user friendly, letting retailers and users know what is going on with more advance notice about changes to he product line...) Finally the coil upgrade showed up at Mt. Baker so I ordered a couple of them. The design change does make sense to me as I viewed the original as a huge waste, having to toss the entire base every time you replaced the coil. And the replacement coils are cheaper too. Haven't tried it out yet since my current (old) coil just keeps going and going...

The bottom line is is you like T3 you will have to get this coil upgrade assembly as once the "old" version of the coil is gone from stock they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickajho View Post
    The design change does make sense to me as I viewed the original as a huge waste, having to toss the entire base every time you replaced the coil. And the replacement coils are cheaper too. Haven't tried it out yet since my current (old) coil just keeps going and going...

The bottom line is is you like T3 you will have to get this coil upgrade assembly as once the "old" version of the coil is gone from stock they are gone.
    Actually, at the time I got my first Evod and T3, I thought they were both great because I had been using disposable CE4 clearos and was tired of replacing them every few weeks. I quickly learned what a tragedy it was to toss the T3 base and not have a replacement handy, with no wire or wick around to rebuild.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Lol - I've been holding onto my original T3's that have popped. I have heard wild rumors that they can be rebuilt but haven't needed to check that out yet. Supposedly the new system with the separate coil and base is more ready made for rebuilding.

But honestly? For what little these things cost is it really worth the bother to rebuild? For openers, I'm getting weeks of use out of the SR coils. (My current one is into week four. Oops - JINX!) My last original T3 coils ran $2.49 each in five packs. The new version? I've seen them for $1.99 each or less. And a lot cheaper than that if you dare get them through FastTech.

Won't be saving but very little $$$ - and certainly investing a lot of time - to rebuild. Unless it's about the quest to get a better mouse trap outta the rebuild.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast