iclear 30 and 16 leaks - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: iclear 30 and 16 leaks

Quote Originally Posted by mymares View Post
    I recently picked up 2 each iclear 16's and 30's.. I knew all the wick would really soaked up juice.. BUT they ALL leak like crazy out the bottom.. I have taken them apart and really made sure everything was tight and secure.. I get about 2 vapes and then they start leaking out the bottom.. I am very careful about putting in the juice, so nothing is going done the center tube..
    I also have pushed the slotted rubber tips down, and up.. when I take the tops off, they are all filled with juice.. I have tried only filling up to bottom wicks and still leaks everywhere..

Anyone have this issue and able to fix? Really liked the amount of vape I get from them..
    My iclear 30 worked very well for the first week, then my top coil popped. So I thought "oh well, time to replace the head". After that, gurgling and leaking out the bottom like crazy, also dry hits. Took it apart, cleaned it, put it back together real tight. Still leaking. After a while, and about ready to throw it out, I tried one more thing. I thought "Maybe I have the head too tight". Took it apart, cleaned it again, put it back together, but I only tightened the head snug and not as tight as I could like usual. Ever since then, not one leaking issue. Try doing that and I bet your leaking issues will be gone. Good luck!

Full Member ECF Veteran mymares's Avatar

Bukuegrotesk,

Thanks for the tip.. When I get one of the tanks I am using empty I will try it Will update to see how it works and or stays working!
    No money saved, have spent way too much on vaping supplies..

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Ya' know... there's a review on the Protank vs. iClear and they mention the iClear leaking. Lemmy look............ Found it!

I read it a few months ago but don't remember the details, so I'll leave that to you.

Protank vs iClear 30 The Clearomizer Wars

Thanks State O' Flux,

Just read it..
    I agree with it for the most part.. especially the leaking and thirstiness of the iclear(s)..

I just cleaned and put a coil in loosely as bukugrotesk suggested in a iclear 16, so if I get a big leak I wont be wasting too much juice.

I have a couple protanks and have not had the leaking issues too bad.. as the post stated, when the tank gets down to about 1/3.

My favorite juice tastes best in a kanger metal bcc, I just want to find the best setup.. I wish I read reviews before I was talked into getting the iclears.. I know someone that has never had a leak and still using the same coil after 2 months in a 30.. I dont have that type of luck

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

An observation, and please correct me if I'm miss-guided. Seems like you might still be living in clearo/glasso-land - mymares. It's not a bad place to live once you figure it all out... but you might want to consider stepping up your game and consider carto tanks.

Cartomizers are pretty reliable... and when you toss one in a - suitable size for your needs - Pyrex or polypropylene tank, you have a nice combination of an adequate juice supply, convenience, cleanliness and ease of maintenance, all with a reliable, good tasting, low cost atomizing device.
    After that there are a few more ways to go, but lots of folks that also use RBA/RDAs, bottom feeders and so on - still use and are very happy with carto tanks.

Just a suggestion... if you're rockin' and rollin' with clearos, then vape on.

Super Member ECF Veteran nicetucu's Avatar

I have two iclear 30's and absolutely no leaks ever. Mine came in a hard plastic case with innokin name on it. I just clean the heads and dry burn and re-use and they're fine. They go through juice like a MOFO though. I'm actually using one now and looked for leaks and none. Gorilla Juice in it for now and Sahara Blend in the other (thinner juice 70/30 PG/VG). Not really a fan of the Sahara though, sorry to be off topic.

I have been thinking about carto's have never used them.. But it may be my next trial..

I suppose you could say I have been living in clearo/glass land.. that is all I have known so far..

I have ventured into DIY juice and rebuilding my coils. Can you rebuild carto's?

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Can you rebuild carto's?
    No, I'm afraid you can't... at least not with any ease. But... if you buy in relatively small bulk, cartos, pre-punched for tank use, can cost as little as $1.08 per, and they can last 1-2 weeks.
    Last edited by State O' Flux; 08-25-2013 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Add SURE VAPES link

Where can you buy in bulk?

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Where can you buy in bulk?
    Click the link in post 18. It's actually closer to $1.10... now that I've done the math.
    I linked to these particular ones because they might be the most popular of size and thread type... 35 and 45 mm in length with a 510 thread and two 1mm holes. They are available in LR (2.0) and SR (3.0) Ω resistance. These can be used in the vast majority of tanks. I get my tanks from 3V and IBT... and there are lots of other makers as well.
    There are other carto makers... perhaps the most loved, and hardest to get are those made by Ikenvape.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast