VapeOnly BCC Mega vs ProTank (1 and 2) flavor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: VapeOnly BCC Mega vs ProTank (1 and 2) flavor

Default VapeOnly BCC Mega vs ProTank (1 and 2) flavor

I've noticed that I get better flavor out of my Vapeonly BCC Mega than I do in my Protank 1 or 2. The flavors in the protank are just a little more muted. Anyone else experiencing this?
    texandziggy likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran indoorsindica's Avatar

Yes. But the vapeonly bcc has push in heads and plastic tank, and many other issues the protank doesn't. You can play with the protank and recoil it with thicker wick, looser coils, and no flavor wick which makes it much better. Or you can try removing 1 or 2 of the 2 or 3 flavor wicks sitting on the coil (carefully). Or you can try the other prebuilt atomizers for novas that have a shorter shaft than the protank attomizers.

started vaping December 21, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by indoorsindica View Post
    Yes. But the vapeonly bcc has push in heads and plastic tank, and many other issues the protank doesn't. You can play with the protank and recoil it with thicker wick, looser coils, and no flavor wick which makes it much better. Or you can try removing 1 or 2 of the 2 or 3 flavor wicks sitting on the coil (carefully). Or you can try the other prebuilt atomizers for novas that have a shorter shaft than the protank attomizers.
    Only if the Vapeonly was in pyrex.

I've tried removing a wick and that only made it leak. I'm using 50/50 juice.

Thanks for the tips though.

You can use vivi nova heads in the protank?

No, vivi nova is a top coil while the vapeonly is a bottom coil.

I love the Vapeonly flavor and vapor. If you have 1.5 mm silica, remove all the wicks and put that. It gives you a flavorful vape without leakage.
    "Vape 'em if you've got 'em"

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I got a vapeonly bcc mega and what a piece of crap. Right off the getgo it doesn't feel like there is any quality to it, got to the press fit heads thinking I'd get maybe a couple days before it leaked and I was right, day and a half on my first tankful and it started to leak. Vape quality is horrible, it just didn't produce good vape.
    So...I cleaned it, put it back into the box and shoved it into a back corner to never use it again.

Numbers reflect the savings by both my wife and I quitting at the same time.
    Our Independence Day was March 25, 2013.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If only they made the Vapeonly BCC with a screw in coil and glass....I use both regularly, find both acceptable. Flavor production is equal if you are cognizant in either adding/removing wick depending on your ejuice.

"Deos fortioribus adesse." - Tacitus

Resting In Peace ECF Veteran txtumbleweed's Avatar

I have both but the ProTank II is the best I've found in 3 1/2 years of trying just about every device on the market.
    This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Quote Originally Posted by txtumbleweed View Post
    I have both but the ProTank II is the best I've found in 3 1/2 years of trying just about every device on the market.
    I can't stand the vape of the Protank... It's so airy that with very light colored liquids (HHV DD Watermelon 60/40) I have to vape a 2.1 ohm head at 12 W to get any vapor... I regret having bought it.

On the other hand, do you REALLY need a glass clearo? I never had a tank crack, and I use plenty of citrics. I don't mind the pull heads, and the rectracting positive on the bottom makes it foolproof against bad contacts. While protank heads I had a batch were shorter, and I have to pull the pin. It's incredible how some things are a matter of luck.
    "Vape 'em if you've got 'em"

Full Member Verified Member texandziggy's Avatar

+1 for the Vapeonly. I've been using two since pretty much the week they first became available. Zero leaking issues with mine. Bought a Protank when they came out because everybody was raving about them. I tried, I really tried, to like it. Used it for a week. Didn't like the airy draw or the attached drip tip, and really didn't like how it muted the flavors compared to the Vapeonly. Ended up putting the Protank in the drawer and went back to the Vapeonly.

Bought a Puritank when they came out, again, because everybody was raving about them. Tried Protank and Evod heads on it. Like the Protank I tried really hard to like it. But, just like the Protank, I found the flavors to be really muted compared to the Vapeonly. The Puritank is in the drawer right next to the Protank.

The Vapeonly almost seems like the red-headed stepchild of the clearo world and I just don't get that. The Pro and the Puri seem to get all the attention. I agree that the build quality of the Vapeoly isn't as flashy as the other two but, after several months, my original two are still vaping like champs. I get two to three weeks from a head but I also don't really use any juices that are known to gum up heads. And, like others have said, I've never had a plastic clearo crack so I don't really need a glass one either. Apart from removing one wick on the Vapeonly (which is pretty much essential) I have no complaints.

I honestly think that if more people gave the Vapeonly a shot instead of automatically going for a Pro or Puri, they'd be a helluva lot more popular.
    Susaz likes this.
    You know, Rick, I have many a friend in Casablanca, but somehow, just because you despise me, you are the only one I trust.

Resting In Peace ECF Veteran txtumbleweed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Susaz View Post
    I can't stand the vape of the Protank... It's so airy that with very light colored liquids (HHV DD Watermelon 60/40) I have to vape a 2.1 ohm head at 12 W to get any vapor... I regret having bought it.

On the other hand, do you REALLY need a glass clearo? I never had a tank crack, and I use plenty of citrics. I don't mind the pull heads, and the rectracting positive on the bottom makes it foolproof against bad contacts. While protank heads I had a batch were shorter, and I have to pull the pin. It's incredible how some things are a matter of luck.
    I'm more concerned with the leaching than the cracking. I also like the easy draw so they work great for me. We are all different though so what works good for one doesn't necessarily work good for someone else.
    This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast