How do you keep your ProTank-II from flooding at night?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How do you keep your ProTank-II from flooding at night?

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default How do you keep your ProTank-II from flooding at night?

I don't know if it's just me, or if it's just a design flaw, but I was wondering what I could do to keep my PT2 from flooding at night. I've tried storing it upright, it leaks on to my connector, on it's side, it still leaks through the air holes if the tank is full enough. I usually take my e cig to bed with me because I'll watch a movie or a couple episodes of a show before I actually fall asleep, so I'll be able to vape while I watch. Unfortunately after a while, I just fall asleep, so actively unscrewing everything and storing it upside down to see if that works isn't going to happen.

Is there anything I can do? Or am I just stuck with it?

PV Master ECF Veteran pufZeppelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mezzio View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, or if it's just a design flaw, but I was wondering what I could do to keep my PT2 from flooding at night. I've tried storing it upright, it leaks on to my connector, on it's side, it still leaks through the air holes if the tank is full enough. I usually take my e cig to bed with me because I'll watch a movie or a couple episodes of a show before I actually fall asleep, so I'll be able to vape while I watch. Unfortunately after a while, I just fall asleep, so actively unscrewing everything and storing it upside down to see if that works isn't going to happen.

Is there anything I can do? Or am I just stuck with it?
    hi
    well IT SHOULDN'T LEAK ever, once you fill it and screw the base on
    on its side, upside down, hanging sideways from a tree

only 3 places it can come from
    - 'o' ring around the base
    - the silicone 'cup' ring at bottom of chimney
    - or thru the wick assembly (into the battery)

you say your juice is getting into the battery connection
    do you mess with the wicks ? maybe remove a flavor wick ? do you rebuild coils?
    have you tried installing ANOTHER new coil ? is the little 'o' ring on the bottom of your coil ?

if juice is getting to your battery only way it can get there is :
    THRU a faulty wick (not big enuff to stop fluid)
    or AROUND a coil assembly (o-ring or tighten)

Ω ... you have to "Learn" how to Vape, it's not smoking...

guess I should have asked, is this from new or have you been using it

and this problem just started...? (if new, could be something wrong from factory)

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I realized I probably should have put this in "E Cigarette Technical Issues"... but anywho:

This has been happening since I bought it, it seems to leak through the center hole of the head that goes straight through to the connector. I just put in a brand new head yesterday, leaving all of the flavor wicks in it just to see if I needed to remove any with the 100% VG juice I'm using now. Oddly, it doesn't do it throughout the day when I'm using it regularly, only when it sits for an extended period of time, like when I'm sleeping. As of now I'm not rebuilding coils, but I did buy 200 feet of Kanthal in various sizes, and will probably start trying my hand at rebuilding here within the week.

I probably wouldn't care so much, but I am kind of in the transition still where I crave analogs, so taking the extra minutes cleaning everything out get's on my nerves pretty quick, lol.

Doin' a Selfie Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Odd, I lay my tank down on my dresser every night and it's never leaked (been using it for about 6 weeks). Sometimes it's full, sometimes it's nearly empty and every level in between. I'm on my 4th head (IIRC) too and have never done anything with the wicks or anything special to clean it.

Spent on Vaping: 1065.29

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

No answer I'm afraid, just further confirmation that this shouldn't happen!
    I use several ProTanks, I DO remove about half the flavor wicking to improve juice flow to the coil - and I STILL don't get any leaking...

so it does sound as if you are "messin" with it some then (it's not a stock coil)

so it also sounds like you got some supplies -I got a fix for you

get a new coil, remove whatever flavor wick inside and put a big fat one in there

MAKE DARN SURE IT IS SATURATED WITH FLUID, and vape your head off leak free

I think by vaping all day your too small wick just barely keeps up enuff not to leak,
    but let it sit and fluid overcomes the wick and enters the battery cavity...

(maybe it's just the supply of coils you happen to get?)

by putting a bigger supply wick (flavor) it will stop leak-thru and also deter burnt taste

Ronald3638 likes this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've suspected that the heads I got are knockoff heads. They didn't come in the box with the blister pack, they came individually bagged in "crack baggies" with a sticker indicating the ohm's, they aren't engraved/etched with the ohms either like the ones that came in the box with the tank are either. If this is the case, hopefully I can rebuild them better.

Off topic - if anyone is looking for a quick, cheap seller on eBay for Kanthal, temco_industrial_power sells spools of the stuff for dirt cheap, I got 50ft of 28g, 50ft of 30g and 100ft of 32g for under $15... should be enough to last me the rest of my vaping life, lol.

you can you directly to TEMco and buy 250' of 32ga for $11.00

yea look those coils over good, bet they are the leak problem...
    mezzio likes this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yeah, that looks about right, the 32g I bought was $4 for the 100 roll, the 30g was $4.50, and the 28g was like $5.50.

Hopefully I can build could better than whoever made these heads and remedy the problem.

Sent from my Google powered personal data extraction device
    CallmeB likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast