Anyone try the Aspire clearos/tanks yet? - Page 3
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Like Tree1004Likes

Thread: Anyone try the Aspire clearos/tanks yet?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by peterforpats View Post
    you can always buy them on-line in a pinch- how long do you think it takes to go through 5 coils? last me at least 2-3 months. they might restock by then don't ya think?
    I know....I just don't want to have to fight hoarders for these things. I already went through that with IkenVape.
    Sambuca likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran vdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    VV Vapes Middletown/Red Bank
    Thanks! Got an address? Not finding them via Google.

edit: nevermind I found them.. ROADTRIP!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by vdrummer; 09-30-2013 at 01:38 PM.
    Sambuca likes this.

Full Member Verified Member SpaceAce's Avatar

Just received my two in the mail today, ordered from Nhaler who shipped very quickly, and also received it in plastic with no extra heads as stated on their site. Loaded up a tank of Melon Boba and I have to say it is performing quite well. Great Vapor, nice even draw, good TH and nice flavor.

I will say it is not outperforming my Phiniac or my JonBoy Lava Tank, but, it's definitely less work, basically fill it up and vape away, no concern for loading cartos or getting a bad carto. I saw somewhere on FB yesterday that there's already a V2 coming out late Oct early Nov that has a glass tank so you can use whatever juice you like so I will probably hold off on ordering any more heads until that baby is out.

If you're on the fence I'd order it, it seems to be performing quite nicely.
    oplholik, CheriePie and Sambuca like this.

Kyi
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just to be sure, these heads work on ANY of the different styles of clearos available, right? I might pick up 2 for now to try them out, I don't really vape cinnamon or lots of citrusy stuff so I'm not too worried about glass tanks. And as far as all the diff types of clearos, they all perform pretty much the same? I've seen Pbusardo's video, just wanted additional feedback from other users. I've been mainly using my iClear 16s which are performing well for me, but I would like something that is bottom coil that has better flavor than these.
    Sambuca likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyi View Post
    Just to be sure, these heads work on ANY of the different styles of clearos available, right? I might pick up 2 for now to try them out, I don't really vape cinnamon or lots of citrusy stuff so I'm not too worried about glass tanks. And as far as all the diff types of clearos, they all perform pretty much the same? I've seen Pbusardo's video, just wanted additional feedback from other users. I've been mainly using my iClear 16s which are performing well for me, but I would like something that is bottom coil that has better flavor than these.
    the aspire heads work across the entire aspire line. they don't work with other brands of clearos so they are not interchangeable with kanger , anyvape, dbox, etc. can't wait to try them out......
    Sambuca likes this.
    descendite ne illegitimi / "To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness." -- Oscar Wilde

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Shortly after my last post, I loaded it up with the bane of my clearo's existence: Boba's Bounty. I had pretty much given up on Boba's. This did pretty well. I'd put it on a par with a boge in a carto tank as far as flavor with fewer wicking problems. How the heck does this thing do it with those two tiny holes? I punched four in the boge and still ran dry from time to time. Sheesh.
    oplholik and Sambuca like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I had to give the Aspire another chance; I so wanted it to shine, to become my bottom-coil mainstay--to justify the $10 I'd spent on it.

I knew my DIY tobacco flavor I'd tried before to be selective, performing full-flower in only a small, select number of delivery devices, so I tried a menthol/tobacco flavor I sometimes vape to avoid vaper's tongue (Frostbite by Mountain Oak Vapors). This time I had two devices set up to provide an immediate, side-by-side comparison with the iClear 30.

I know I'm going against the grain here, but the i30 still won.

Frostbite isn't of the Vicks Vapo Rub menthol persuasion; menthol shares the stage with a nuanced tobacco element, and those flavor tones simply all but vanished in the Aspire.

As I mentioned before, the Aspire is superior in all other regards, but at the end of the day, flavor is what it's all about.
    kgj, gerrymi and Sambuca like this.

“If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.” (Woody Allen)

Kyi
    ECF Veteran

I ordered 2 of the ego ones earlier and it shipped in less than an hour later! Nice. Hope these live up to the hype.
    reeftivo and Sambuca like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hmm, I just got two of the large vivi nova style ones in today. I loaded it up with my favorite juice (vixen vapors tigers blood 50/50 blend) and I am having a problem with dry hits. If I let it sit for a while or take some primer pulls I can get two solid drags from it, but after that it all falls apart. It just doesn't seem to feed the liquid very well. I loaded up another (thinner) juice and it seemed to be much better. Using the thinner juice I did have the flooding problem Phill stated paired with my Provari. My thinker tigers blood never flooded it though. I'm hoping it's just a bad head. Maybe I can drill it out...
    Sambuca likes this.

Kyi
    ECF Veteran

Hmm you think Pbusardo just got a really good head? I'm getting fed up with having to buy new clearos all the time because the other ones don't perform that well. I've been vaping out of my Vapeonly mini BCC and it's been performing pretty good. But I'm always looking for something better.
    Sambuca and MacTechVpr like this.

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast