Anyone try the Aspire clearos/tanks yet? - Page 58
Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast
Like Tree1005Likes

Thread: Anyone try the Aspire clearos/tanks yet?

Sorry you did mention 24 hrs earlier.

i let them dry by the heater, so i don't bother to dry burn.
    hmm, dry by the heater vs dry burn... I thought the dry burn is to burn off any residual gunked juice so how would drying by a heater accomplish the same thing? And I do have more coils but just went through my first one and on my 2nd, so I thought might as well see if I can get more life out of the first one and if I can I'll do that for the rest.
    Sambuca likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'd guess he's changing out the coils before they're so gummed up with old, crusted juice that a dry burn isn't necessary. That's what I do. As soon as I get that first drop off in taste it's time to replace the coil.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Sambuca likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Sambuca's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sark666 View Post
    Sorry you did mention 24 hrs earlier.
    hmm, dry by the heater vs dry burn... I thought the dry burn is to burn off any residual gunked juice so how would drying by a heater accomplish the same thing? And I do have more coils but just went through my first one and on my 2nd, so I thought might as well see if I can get more life out of the first one and if I can I'll do that for the rest.
    i'm just trying to do as little damage as possible to the coil. someone in another thread said he boils them and then dry burns. i keep a jar by the sink and throw the coils in as i replace them. some get a 7 day soak or more. i doubt there is much gunk on there by the time the hit the denture tablets.
    There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQiW_l848t8

ECF Veteran

Soaking with water won't touch caramelized sugars although an alcohol soak will. I know from my starting vaping days way more than I want about cleaning coils although the size of these tank coils is smaller than those in the atomizer the process is about the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    salemgold and Sambuca like this.

Ok I must have done something wrong. This coil was just going with a hint of burnt taste when I switched it. Soaked in warm water a couple of hours. In polident in warm water for day and a half. Rinsed and soaked in warm water for about 6 hours. Let dry near heater overnight and throughout today. Put in clearo, filled some juice and let sit for about 10 minutes. Took a hit to the nastiest burnt taste I ever had. Even though it was awful, took a few more thinking the good flavour will come. It wasnt coming. Lol
    Took off clearo and 3 or 4, 3 second dry burns. Let sit and try again. It was better but still nasty burnt taste. So I assume this coil is toast now, but would like to figure out where I went wrong.
    Sambuca likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well --- if it was getting better --- try it some more. (the dry burn bursts)

Burnt taste is usually a wicking matter, not coil. Before even starting that amazing amount of work you did, dry doing a couple of "dry pulls" (don't push the power button). I'd do the same with the coil you have now in an effort to get some return on your hard work.

Amazingly, I've rinsed in the tap a few Aspire coils, and assembled right away. (OK, I did try to shake and/or blow out some of the water.) Can't say there was much of a vape at first, but amazingly a few minutes later all was quite fine. Previously I would have thought this ridiculous, so I had to try it and see for myself. Sure was a lot easier and loads faster. YMMV.

I really don't know what went wrong Sark. I'm sure someone else will come along with some help for you. Personally, I like things as plug and play as possible and keep it as simple as I can.
    Sambuca likes this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I simply rinse mine daily under hot running water before it gets the chance to get gunked up. After a few weeks, I boil and then soak in PGA. Air dry overnight. That has worked well for me.

When I used kanger coils, I rinsed at every fill if I was able to. Many people use this method. Once you reassemble the vape will be a bit watery but you just vape through that and are good to go.
    Pur3Rush and Sambuca like this.

I'll try boiling next time. But wouldn't the rubber bits melt? How long do you boil? And I assume after PGA soak you rinse again.

I love the aspire, but I wish it was rebuildable. Looking at more vids for other coils and want to try it.
    salemgold and Sambuca like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Sambuca's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll try boiling next time. But wouldn't the rubber bits melt? How long do you boil? And I assume after PGA soak you rinse again.

I love the aspire, but I wish it was rebuildable. Looking at more vids for other coils and want to try it.
    that's exactly what i've been worried about! so i'd like to hear more on that, as well!
    salemgold likes this.
    There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQiW_l848t8

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I bring the water to a boil, drop a batch of coils in the water, let boil about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let them sit about 30 minutes. Take them out and let cool on paper towel, soak in PGA anywhere from an hour to overnight. depending how lazy I feel lol Air dry on paper towel and done.

I have never had anything rubber melt. I used this same method on the Kanger coils with good results. Now, I sure hope that you guys don't try it and any of the silicone melts for you. I have been using this method for more than a year between the Kanger and the Aspires though.

Honestly if you rinse them once a day, you should not need to use this method very often.

Good luck!
    Last edited by salemgold; 02-13-2014 at 04:28 AM.
    Sambuca likes this.