KangerTech T3S, at my wits end
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KangerTech T3S, at my wits end

Full Member ECF Veteran livethechoice's Avatar

Default KangerTech T3S, at my wits end

Hey all, been a while since I posted (a few years it seems like) because I discovered the Ego + CE5 Redux combo and have been in vape heaven ever since. But very recently I decided I wanted a change (that and I can't find a solid redux supplier anymore), and picked up the KangerTech T3S and have had nothing but problems with it since. I'll break it down as simply as I can, hopefully somebody here has some solutions as I really like the T3S model despite the troubles I've encountered with it.

What I'm using:
    ego-C 900 mAh - I always use it in the regulated mode, so about 3.3V output, battery is about 6 months old (works fine on CE5)
    KangerTech T3S clearomizer bottom coil - atties are 1.8ohm
    4mg 100%VG juice - This latest batch is very light in color and the liquid is very thin

Problems:
    Atties will usually work perfect for the first 8 hours or so, and then there is a sudden and steep decline in quality. Vapor production goes from copious to very little, the draw becomes either very hard or very airy, flavor becomes very muted and sometimes tasteless.

Fixes I've Tried:
    Removing the second wick - Atty started gurgling and flooding, lost a good 2mL of juice trying this
    Flipped the top o-ring - Atty started gurgling and flooding, but only a little flooding this time (kept the 2nd wick in for this)
    Different degrees of tightness - I've adjusted the level of tightness between the different components every way I can, from tight to loose and everything in between.

I've cleaned it, dried it, dry burned it, everything that I've learned on how to improve the vaping experience. The holes in the base are good, I sort-of trust the source when they say they are authentic KangerTech. I bought 3 atties originally and have gone through all three in a weeks time because I just can't get it to perform consistently. Anybody have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    GO KINGS GO!

Wow, all this time and not a single reply? Maybe I posted this in the wrong forum. Anyway, I switched to a Kanger EVOD and I'm dealing with the same thing. The guys at the shop have no idea, they keep pushing me to buy bigger batteries, but for the atty's I'm using my Ego-C should be more than adequate.
    GO KINGS GO!

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by livethechoice View Post
    Wow, all this time and not a single reply? Maybe I posted this in the wrong forum. Anyway, I switched to a Kanger EVOD and I'm dealing with the same thing. The guys at the shop have no idea, they keep pushing me to buy bigger batteries, but for the atty's I'm using my Ego-C should be more than adequate.
    Probably not a bad idea. I suspect that the coil-juice-wick combo would be better served at around 8-9 watts. Alternately, try a 60/40 ~ 50/50 juice mix - or a higher resistance coil to see if you increase your adequate function time period.

PV Master ECF Veteran pufZeppelin's Avatar

Hey all, been a while since I posted
    picked up the KangerTech T3S
    Atties will usually work perfect for the first 8 hours or so, and then there is a sudden and steep decline in quality.

Anybody have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    Hi livethechoice, hate to hear people having vape troubles...

might of answered your own question--not cleaning it good enough after coil gets fouled

what seems to work for me:
    hot water rinse/dry-burn/hot water rinse/soak vodka/rinse/lt dry-burn/re assemble
    (vodka gets that burnt taste from dry burning off wick)

got any wick ? replace the flavor wick and leave the silicone cup gasket like kanger had it JMO
    you said it worked good at first, why change it, just clean it better...

Ω ... you have to "Learn" how to Vape, it's not smoking...

Quote Originally Posted by State O' Flux View Post
    Probably not a bad idea. I suspect that the coil-juice-wick combo would be better served at around 8-9 watts. Alternately, try a 60/40 ~ 50/50 juice mix - or a higher resistance coil to see if you increase your adequate function time period.
    That makes a lot of sense. I was checking out my go-to hardware supplier to see if they had restocked (they haven't, sadly) and I realized the Kanger attys I've been using are low resistance. I've stayed away from low res attys in the past because they don't last as long. I think I'll try to find some higher res kanger attys and a higher voltage battery for when I'm at home, my carry case is custom made for an ego-c 900 and a ce5, but I can just fit the T3S in there. I'll keep looking for a ce5 replacement for when I'm on the go, and keep the heavy duty gear for when I'm home studying. I've got 100ml of 100% vg juice left, I think I'll try cutting in some pg next time, just to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by pufZeppelin View Post
    Hi livethechoice, hate to hear people having vape troubles...

might of answered your own question--not cleaning it good enough after coil gets fouled

what seems to work for me:
    hot water rinse/dry-burn/hot water rinse/soak vodka/rinse/lt dry-burn/re assemble
    (vodka gets that burnt taste from dry burning off wick)

got any wick ? replace the flavor wick and leave the silicone cup gasket like kanger had it JMO
    you said it worked good at first, why change it, just clean it better...
    That also sounds reasonable. I tried a small dry burn and packing down the wicks that are in there, that brought one of the T3S attys back to life, but there was a lot of gunk on the wick itself. I've never done a rebuild, maybe it's time I start exploring that part of the hobby...

My thanks to the both of you for replying.
    GO KINGS GO!

PV Master ECF Veteran pufZeppelin's Avatar

here is a PBusardo Review All About The EVOD - Includes Recoiling

- A PBusardo Review All About The EVOD - Includes Recoiling - YouTube

it is a pretty good watch...

eVod, t3s, protank coils are all the same ...

Ω ... you have to "Learn" how to Vape, it's not smoking...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use the kanger t3s's on 1100 ego with very little trouble, just slight leakage. as far as buying new batteries, I think he just wants to sell you some more stuff
    Last tc taken 6/23/12

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I do make them at around 2.2-2.4 ohms though. haven't used low ohm
    Last tc taken 6/23/12

So I managed to solve my problem with both the T3S and EVOD by replacing the 1.8 Kanger attys that I had with the 2.4 CE5 attys that I never used do to structural problems in the housing. The wouldn't work for my CE5 redux, but repurposing the coil and wick into the Kanger atty was easy enough, and with a few tweaks I managed to stop the gurgling/leaking and am getting consistently good hits. The new coils due tend to heat the base up a lot more, sometimes it's almost too hot to touch, so I'm guessing I'll have to replace the rubber o-rings sooner than later, and definitely more often than I did on the CE5. So now I'm going to get started in rebuilding my attys instead of buying them.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by livethechoice; 10-17-2013 at 02:02 AM.
    GO KINGS GO!

so I'm guessing I'll have to replace the rubber o-rings sooner than later, and definitely more often than I did on the CE5. So now I'm going to get started in rebuilding my attys instead of buying them.
    Cheers.
    Does anyone know where to just buy the O-rings? I haven't been able to find anywhere....
    Cultivate your curves - they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.
    Mae West

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast