Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Protank 2 white silicone o-ring seals

Default Protank 2 white silicone o-ring seals

I'd like to get extra silicone o-ring seals since I know I am going to wash one of mine down the sink sooner or later. I saw some on a vendor's site, but they looked like round black rubber o-rings, not the clear/white flat silicone seals that come on the tank. Has anyone seen these "exact" seals anywhere?

bump

No one, really? Of all the Protank 2 fans out there, no one has ever had to get replacement silicone o-rings for the base or top?

Closest I could find from an e-cig vendor was a rubber, black, donut-shaped o-ring vs the flat white silicone ones it comes with. Also found FDA food grade silicone which are color-coded red/orange and are number -014 in the o-ring industry. Have to buy $5 worth and $5 shipping to get 167. That's just a few more than I need.

But I think even the latter are donut-shaped, vs flat. Kanger must buy these in bulk from somewhere... I guess like the silicone cup search in the other thread I'll have to email Kanger and see what they say. Imho they should include 2 extra o-rings with every tank. Like the IGO-L came with 2 extra o-rings.

I use red/orange o-rings for my replacements, I haven't seen clear/white ones available anywhere. The Protank Mini 2s now have 2 extras included though if you really really want some!

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katya View Post
    She is looking for the white/clear ones specifically I believe:

Quote Originally Posted by Trayce
    I saw some on a vendor's site, but they looked like round black rubber o-rings, not the clear/white flat silicone seals that come on the tank

Quote Originally Posted by Bkag View Post
    She is looking for the white/clear ones specifically I believe:
    Right. If I was going to get donut-shaped o-rings I'd get the red/orange ones which are FDA approved, (and you can get 100 of them for a few bucks from an o-ring vendor) but the ones that come with the tank are actually flat-bottomed. Do the red/orange donut shaped ones seal it like the flat-bottomed ones do?

I sent a pic of the actual o-ring to an o-ring vendor to see if they have anything like it. In the meantime I emailed kanger and got a reply this morning:

Dear [Trayce],

rubber o-ring will be ready in 20 days around, pls keep eyes on our website, thanks
    KangerTech
    Rgds
    Lulu
    Kangertech
    KangerTech
    The most advanced Ecig manufacturer.

So there you have it. No idea how much they will be or if they will even be the same exact ones. After a 20 day wait they could turn out to be the donut shaped ones you can get anywhere. Or they might charge an arm and a leg.

But if the red/orange ones work....

They are cheap, however, as far I know, Kanger only ships via DHL so shipping will be around $30. Kanger seems to be in very short supply of the o-rings, they always seem to be out of stock unfortunately!

Bkag, you forgot to answer if the red/orange ones work well enough to seat the tank properly and don't leak. If so, no need to spend a boatload on shipping getting the originals from Kanger. (I was hoping they might make them available to their US vendors, however.) But I can get the red/orange ones right away, so... do they work?

Quote Originally Posted by Trayce View Post
    Bkag, you forgot to answer if the red/orange ones work well enough to seat the tank properly and don't leak. If so, no need to spend a boatload on shipping getting the originals from Kanger. (I was hoping they might make them available to their US vendors, however.) But I can get the red/orange ones right away, so... do they work?
    I haven't extensively tested them but so far so good, I'm actually using a rebuilt head with an orange o-ring on it as I write this. I have only tried them on protank heads in a protank 2 but I don't see why they wouldn't work in eVods, mini protanks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkag View Post
    I haven't extensively tested them but so far so good, I'm actually using a rebuilt head with an orange o-ring on it as I write this. I have only tried them on protank heads in a protank 2 but I don't see why they wouldn't work in eVods, mini protanks etc.
    Hm. I am talking about the o-ring seals that sit inside the TOP and BASE of the PT2 to keep the GLASS TANK from leaking.... not any of the seals on the head itself. This o-ring has an ID of 1/2-inch. Sounds like you are referring to one of the o-rings on the head itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast