Less 'Airy' Alternative to the Protank II? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Less 'Airy' Alternative to the Protank II?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use the ECA made for the eVic ... but I am also a 1 month old Noob

The tight draw and amount of vape works well for me
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

Moved On

I am told that a mini protank base, a two dollar part at Sweet-Vapes, can be put on the protanks. and tighten the draw. I forgot the video on Youtube of the reviewer that did this....it was a chick

It's called an air flow controller but doesn't really tighten the draw too much on the PT2. EX: Tank Air Flow Controller

Full Member ECF Veteran

Simple solutions for simple issues... try an evod, costs like 5 bucks performs similar than the protank but less airy...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I feel like a broken record, I really like the Smok Tech Aro Pyrex. The draw is much better. It's way cheaper. It holds more juice and its glass. It has it's own coils, but they're the same price and build as the Kanger heads.
    Racehorse, Trayce and Sweetab like this.

Quote Originally Posted by B1sh0p View Post
    I feel like a broken record, I really like the Smok Tech Aro Pyrex. The draw is much better. It's way cheaper. It holds more juice and its glass. It has it's own coils, but they're the same price and build as the Kanger heads.
    On top of that the Aro heads will work in the PTanks and EVODs... the Kanger heads won't work in the Aros though. And I feel like a broken record too. I would not get a plastic tank, and especially not with the Aro Pyrex available for $7.99. However the Aro does use eGo cone threading, not the 510 threading, if that's important to the OP.
    Racehorse likes this.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

This isn't a joke, I use these to restrict the airflow on my Protanks. I didn't like the draw either, but I didn't want to just toss them in the back of a drawer. The holes fit perfectly around the 510 connector and I press the edges into the airflow channels. If it's still too airy, I add another layer. They are smaller in diameter than the Protank base, so you can't see them from the side when they are on. Also, since they are made of paper, they absorb the little bit of seeping that sometimes happens.

Last edited by The Ocelot; 10-24-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    SPM3 and Trayce like this.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Quote Originally Posted by The Ocelot View Post
    This isn't a joke, I use these to restrict the airflow on my Protanks. I didn't like the draw either, but I didn't want to just toss them in the back of a drawer. The holes fit perfectly around the 510 connector and I press press the edges into the airflow channels. If it's still too airy, I add another layer. They smaller in diameter than the Protank base, so you can't see them from the side when they are on. Also, since they are made of paper, they absorb the little bit of seeping that sometimes happens.
    I just love the creativity of vapers.

EDIT: Btw, what the heck are those used for? I've never seen them.
    The Ocelot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trayce View Post
    I just love the creativity of vapers.

EDIT: Btw, what the heck are those used for? I've never seen them.
    Back in the day, we had these devices called hole punches for paper. We punched 3 holes in paper, then put them in 3-ring binders. The reinforcement rings go around the punched holes, making them less prone to tear in a binder.
    SPM3 and Trayce like this.

Awesome responses everyone - I appreciate it! Definitely going to make my list of things to try, things to buy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast