Less 'Airy' Alternative to the Protank II?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Less 'Airy' Alternative to the Protank II?

Default Less 'Airy' Alternative to the Protank II?

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance for your input. Admittedly, I'm a noob - only been vaping for three weeks (analog free as well!) - I have the eVic and Protank-II. While I have researched the best that I can, are there any other recommended alternatives to the Protank-II that have a less Airy draw? I feel like I'm drawing on a McDonald's straw. Any recommendations would be appreciated - I'd prefer, however, that such an alternative be relatively maintenance-free as the Protank-II has been. I realize I might be wishing for too much, but I don't yet have the experience to know the vast array of options there are out there!

THANKS!

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Check out the Tatroe Mods base for the ProTank. Much less airy.

Tatroe tank bottom cap
    Sweetab likes this.

A good glass carto-tank is definitely much less airy and much more maintenance free than a clearo. No cleaning, no leaking, no maintenance for 10 - 15 days, then just swap in a new carto. Also more consistent.
    mace bewley likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Check out the Hypertank. Holds more liquid and if you look closely at the bottom plate, it does not have the big air vents that the PT2 does. It takes the same coils as the PT2.

I have 2 on the way. I am also hoping for a less airy draw

Will notify. Stand by

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=8354

Tapatalking on iPhone.
    Join the CASAA.
    Protect your Vaping Rights!
    Sweetab likes this.

.....................................ONE LIFE LENGTHENED............................

Quote Originally Posted by wv2win View Post
    A good glass carto-tank is definitely much less airy and much more maintenance free than a clearo. No cleaning, no leaking, no maintenance for 10 - 15 days, then just swap in a new carto. Also more consistent.
    What carto tank and carto would you suggest?

Full Member Verified Member AhhCheew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camscrub17 View Post
    I feel like I'm drawing on a McDonald's straw.
    Is the draw really that airy for you lol? I actually just found out they reduced the size of the air holes on the base of the PT2 from the PT1 to give it a tighter draw. I can only imagine what the older base would've been like for you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Trayce View Post
    The U-DCT aka Artemas is a good one it comes in 2.5ml and 5ml. It also comes in different colors. Only problem is the tank is plastic so certain juices will crack it. It locks on the bottom so there's no chance you can accidentally pull your tank off the carto. There's also the
    AGR+ which is another locking tank with a fill hole on top and is made with pyrex glass (so certain juices won't ruin the tank.). It only comes in one size. There's also other locking tanks such as IBTanked and Phiniacs but I have not personally used them so I did not recommend them. There's a million different tanks you can buy but I prefer locking tanks just as an added layer of protection from spilling juice all over yourself.
    Last edited by AhhCheew; 10-22-2013 at 10:59 PM.
    Trayce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AhhCheew View Post
    Is the draw really that airy for you lol? I actually just found out they reduced the size of the air holes on the base of the PT2 from the PT1 to give it a tighter draw. I can only imagine what the older base would've been like for you lol.
    "Airy" for me as a noob might not be airy at all for more experienced people, that's for sure - my local shop reacted the same way. He said, "hmm, it's a good thing you didn't have the PT 1, or else you'd be freaking out"...lol!

I did order two of the Hypertanks mentioned in this thread and will provide a full review and update - I hope to have them this week.
    Last edited by camscrub17; 10-23-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just got an Aspire BDC glassomizer.. Tons if vapor and less airy than my miniprotank.. Coils gonna run at least $2... But that's the only downside so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Sweetab likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trayce View Post
    I would suggest a Phiniac or IBtanked glass carto tank and a IKenvape or Smoktek 2 or 3 holed punched carto:

Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page...category_id=21

IKV 510 MEGA Platinum Punch SR V2
    Trayce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by camscrub17 View Post
    While I have researched the best that I can, are there any other recommended alternatives to the Protank-II that have a less Airy draw? I feel like I'm drawing on a McDonald's straw.

Btw you always have the option of tightening the draw by either filling in the air hole in the base of the PT2 and/or filling in one of the air channels that are drilled into the bottom. I'd use a non-permanent solution to try the draw before doing anything permanent. Like stick a wood toothpick into the air hole and take a draw to see if filling that hole makes it better... if so you can plug it with hot glue or compound.

Optionally, I saw one member here who tightened her PT2 draw up by buying a small elastic hair band and putting it on her mod at the base of the PT2 to block airflow getting to the tank, rather than modify the tank itself.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast