Bad taste from Iclear 30?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bad taste from Iclear 30?

Default Bad taste from Iclear 30?

Just got my MVP 2.0 today and love it. I got an Iclear 30 with it. I've never used the Iclear 30 before so I was excited to give it a try. I loaded it up with some Boba's Bounty and while it hits great, the taste is very bad. It kind of has an oily greasy taste to it. I have Iclear 16's that Boba's tastes fine in so it's not my juice. I've tried different vv/vw settings but the nasty taste is still there.

Should I have washed the Iclear 30 before using it? Hope a good rinse will help because I really like the hit from it. Has anyone else had this happen with the Iclear 30?

BTW, the MVP 2.0 is really nice. Money well spent.

PV Master ECF Veteran

generally, it's not a problem,,,,,,,,,rinse it well, dry off those wicks, blow out the water, etc etc,,,,,,,,,,fill it up again and let it sit for 5 minutes to really soak in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,let us know,,,,,,

Yeah mine did the same thing. Just rinse it Real good and let the wicks juice up afterwards.

Be warned though, its a real juice-hog and you'll probably find yourself using more juice than with other clearos. After the novelty wore off I went back to using MT3s on my MVP 2.0 instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I also just bought an mvp v2 (L O V E IT )
    I didn't have to wash mine out, but every so often (once or twice a day) I'll take a few drags and get a burnt taste for one or two puffs, so make sure to keep the wicks moist ( I don't follow the turn it upside down rule), I tend to turn mine until the wicks are wet and leave it there for a few seconds and do that with all of the wicks. I also think it has to do with what kind of juice your using which will correspond with the overall taste ( but I'm new to the whole mod world so I'm not an expert, nor do I claim to be) lol

I totally agree with Golem it is a VERY thirsty tank, I noticed I went trough roughly 3 mls in about 24 hrs and a 15 ml bottle tends to last me over 2 weeks , I have a strong feeling that I'll be switching to the protankII I bought because I wasn't sure I'd like the Iclear30, and to see if that'll also help me slow down the vast speed at which I am going through my juice.

Hope this helps.

also here's a link to an mvp discussion I have found quite helpful
    iTaste MVP v2 Owners Group

Abstrusius likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, the iclear30 loves its juice. It is one of the reasons the taste is typically better than on a pro tank(at least for some).

Dual top coils, 16 long wicks(really 8, but you get the drill) all lead to a warm moist flavorful vape, but it also means its a juice hog.

As far as a nasty taste, I have gone through several heads on my iclears and not had that problem, but I clean all of my new heads. No matter what the device, I give it a vodka bath for an hour and then let it air out.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Lombaowski's Avatar

Only time I have any issues with the iclear is when I burn them too hot and get a burnt taste. Otherwise I love these.

PV Master ECF Veteran

they are juice hogs,,,,,,,,but I can't stop myself, I love them
    jefsview likes this.

I'm using 100% VG Legend from heather's Heavenly Vapes right now in my iClear30 (not S), and it's freakin' awesome. In fact, I had some gurgling/leaking the last time I used a 50/50, but I think it was just a bad coil head in that one. Now it's hitting like a champ and the flavor is fantastic.

It's never a bad idea to rinse anything that comes from a factory before use, however.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Moved to clearomizer discussion.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I washed it and have it drying now and will post back later when I try it out again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast