Joye Ego CC
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By villagejazz
  • 1 Post By WorksForMe

Thread: Joye Ego CC

Default Joye Ego CC

I've looked and haven't found any discussions on this:

It's been said that Joye doesn't invent anything and only copies whatever they produce for other companies branding as their own. IE: The Ovale Emini and Joye Eroll. I like the Joye Ego CC with the Joy Type A atty. Does anyone know if they are copies and, if so, what product they've copied?

You heard wrong my friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    patkin likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by patkin View Post
    I've looked and haven't found any discussions on this:

It's been said that Joye doesn't invent anything and only copies whatever they produce for other companies branding as their own. IE: The Ovale Emini and Joye Eroll. I like the Joye Ego CC with the Joy Type A atty. Does anyone know if they are copies and, if so, what product they've copied?
    I can't find it now, but I remember an article a while back that said some thing similar to this. It said other companies would get Joye to manufacture a product for them, and Joye would steal the idea. I don't know how true that was.

J.R.
    patkin likes this.

"If you're not at the table; you're on the menu."

There's a pretty big thread where it was talked about. A couple of posters said they have contractually worked with Chinese companies and its standard practice to have a clause in the contract granting them these branding rights. I, personally, questioned why any company, for instance Ovale, would agree to that and was told it was because they knew they would be ripped off in a very short time anyway so they may as well make a few extra bucks on the front end writing the contract that way. I was told Joye, in particular, doesn't write contracts any other way.

Technically speaking, a Joye Eroll is an Ovale Emini clone.