Protank MicroCoil Discussion!! - Page 69
Page 69 of 167 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Like Tree1401Likes

Thread: Protank MicroCoil Discussion!!

If you have to worry about battery amp rating on a ProTank your overdoing it a tad
    The Kid likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f1vefour View Post
    If you have to worry about battery amp rating on a ProTank your overdoing it a tad
    Better safe than sorry. I've already had two runaways. Then again, maybe 14/28 on a PT is not such a smart idea.

Good night all.

The Kid likes this.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity—Seneca the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by MacTechVpr View Post
    Better safe than sorry. I've already had two runaways. Then again, maybe 14/28 on a PT is not such a smart idea.

Good night all.

You use PTs on a mech?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

You use PTs on a mech?
    I've had as many as nine working PT test tanks running a day for my consumer build/wick study over the past six months. I also run more for personal use. On sig's and eVic's and occasionally a magneto or nzonic. they get a workout. I vape a lot and hard. I was, shall I say, an avid smoker. Now i'm down to 6-8 mg's and I can vape all I want. Heaven.

Goodnight all.
    beckdg and TafkanX like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I've used PT's on a mech....never saw why you couldn't. 'Course, my "mech" is a bolt.....so I'm not real sure that counts....
    Mac....I never ever would have guessed you were Latino!

As a useful side note, I ordered some 30 and 31g kanthal from kidney puncher yesterday....hoping I will be able to get the numbers I want with it.,.

On my phone as usual...
    Doing the best I can to do justly love mercy, and walk humbly with God ~Micah 6:8

I wouldn't think you would get very good performance but being you can build lower ohm coils I know it's possible. Kind of overpowered on a fresh battery @ 1.5 ohm and lower though.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

You use PTs on a mech?
    Quote Originally Posted by chapeltown View Post
    I've used PT's on a mech....never saw why you couldn't. 'Course, my "mech" is a bolt.....so I'm not real sure that counts....
    I'm usually walkin' around with 2 or 3 of these things in my hands. LOL One of my fav quick'n dirty setups is a Kanger on a Magneto. Particularly the EVOD, 3TS for longevity and the Mini, pretty. It's the best walk around. I like it so much and carry it so often even though I have much flashier that I've wishbone'd two of 'em so far (sat on 'em). I kick 350's in 'em between 1.6-1.8Ω and they last and last. Great, dependable rig. Exceedingly so now with tension. I usually keep a few of these setup and coiled for when I'm zippin' to cut. Handy, and my recommended go-to for newb's. Sanity that helps us survive quitting but still practical and appealing as we move on to bigger and better things.

But hold on to them bolts. I still have a few I keep for the grunt work. And a couple of easy-head eVic tubes. They're handy if for nothin' else than to pry heads of a dripper in a pinch.

Have a great day. And good luck.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by chapeltown View Post
    You know Mac, you make it darn near impossible for anyone to follow when you wax eloquent like that. Do you write professionally IRL? If you don't, you should. You have a God given talent for it.
    In any case, I will be the one to ruin the idealistic hush on the audience here with a simple question.

How on earth did rip trippers...or anyone else for that matter...fit twelve winds of 28g kanthal inside a pt head??? I simply have not been able to make it happen. I have my 1/16th drill bit, I am winding tight as possible, I am squeezing that coil til the spacing is essentially gone. And yet, 12 is unattainable. I short out every single time. I will say that after several tries I did get an 11 wrap to come out to 1.43 on my pt. It is doing pretty nice inside my eVod with three strands of cotton peaches and cream yarn and no flavor wick. But it is making me nervous because it makes my clearo and battery uncomfortably warm after four draws...fairly consistently. I need slightly higher ohms. Just slightly.
    ,.......???

On my phone as usual...
    Ok, i have been wanting to say the same thing for a while now without upsetting Mac, since he has been tremendously helpful in my rebuilding efforts, and so passionate about helping us ! I often wonder how it is possible, that i understand the meaning of all the words he uses, the grammar seems to be correct and the sentence structure also, yet a decent percentage of the time i have no clue what he is on about

That said, i have been using his technique to wrap my coils for the past two weeks and it is absolutely brilliant ! so much easier and faster than my previous method, and a perfect microcoil every time. I have even been able to use his method with twisted 32 kanthal, straight off the spool.

Great thanks to M Dub for posting the link to the video of his method using a screw driver. I would have had absolutely no chance of implementing this method without the video. Thanks also to the dude who posted the video, and as always to Mac for the tremendous amount of effort he puts into this. Now, if he only uses slightly simpler sentence structures, and is a tad less technical with the terminology, i think he would be able to help a great deal more people, because i believe his method is simply a game changer.

I will post a summary of my results rebuilding protank 1, protank 2, mini protank 1, evod, cutie in a vivi nova tank, and aspire coils, using the t.m.c method both with 28g kanthal and twisted 32g kanthal on mini screw drivers with a diameter of 1.4, 1.59 and 2.0 mm, in about a day or so when i have more time.
    MacTechVpr and chapeltown like this.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Page 69!! Whoop whooop

I have got no idea on my gauge, resistance or size rolled but it's working awesomely for me.

I unwind these https://www.fasttech.com/p/1464502, wrap 11 wraps around a pin I found around the house the measure slightly over 1/32. Once wrapped the coil measure 1/16 or a little less.

Stick some cotton I got from a prescription bottle into it and use the silica I got from the premade coil as wick (single wick).

Flavor is full, vapor is great, and hits faster than I can exhale.

Using it on anything from a normal EGO to VV at 4.8 (only as test) and my oh my. Loving my coil.

Hits hard but it could also be because I'm doing 34mg but sure hits harder than the premade coils.

Made 3 so far at 100% success rate and 100% satisfaction.
    BeRight likes this.
    Sent from Vape Heaven