Page 75 of 160 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Like Tree1270Likes

Thread: Protank MicroCoil Discussion!!

Quote Originally Posted by quiter View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys.

I already drilled out holes and that didn't do enough. One of the two tanks is a pro-tank 1 the other a pro-tank 2. Even with the holes punched out they are still not airy enough for me. I'll check out the special bottom and see. Otherwise I'll probably just pass these on to someone who likes them better than me.

Thanks again.
    Your not going to get dual 2mm RDA type of pull on a ProTank because of design, you must have enough resistance to allow negative pressure or it won't wick properly.

2. Advertisement
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f1vefour View Post
    Your not going to get dual 2mm RDA type of pull on a ProTank because of design, you must have enough resistance to allow negative pressure or it won't wick properly.
    True that.

Good luck.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity—Seneca the Younger

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill's Magic Vapor View Post
    Well that summed it up really nice! What does it mean, LOL?

Just kidding. For the rest of you, Mac knows his stuff, as I'm sure you've learned, and if you have the opportunity to learn from him, your vape will improve 200% in the next 30 days. I know mine did. He has some crazy notions about all sorts of very involved vaping experiences, techniques, science, mechanics, theories, etc. Turns out he was right all along. I've spent a bit of time researching Mac's theories, and they are totally science based, I'm happy to report. Great job, my friend!

I may follow this post, Mac, it looks really interesting! My coil building experience actually started on the Protank last June. I don't think I built micro coils in them, but compared to the stock heads, mine were just fine. Of course, all I use now is the micro coil, and if you guys have found a way to get it perfected in the Protank, then that's a huge advance, and a tremendous vape potentially. All I ever use anymore, and I use a tank too, these days. No reason a Protank can't be an RTA, right? Anyway, just saying hello all. Keep up the good work! All the best OP! Power up and Vape On!
    Thanks for the acknowledgement Bill. There were times as I was stuck testing standard and loose m.c.'s that I just about gave up on the KPT. I waited to seriously adopt the dripper until I was able to roll out a true and proper electrical coil or I would have had to give up my study. That is, I couldn't have labored with two so distinctively different flavor results. Correct electrical coils mean everything for a clearo. And THAT is the reason I pursued this study. I believed that new vapors could get better than typical eGo type results on a proper tank…but that wasn't happening. And no a KPT is not a Kay, but it ain't shabby Bill! Not with a proper tensioned coil.

Yeah, no physicist, metallurgist or EE mee…but I remember my science yo.

Good luck Bill.

Makes sense and thanks again. I am getting good flavor and I have rebuilt it with micro-coils and it's a little better. I also took a file to it and opened it up even more. I'm using a VV 3x18650 setup, the power regulation is great on this mod. It's dialed in pretty good. No gurgling or wet hits, so that part is ok. It actually blows clouds it's just the draw that I'm not a fan of. I also went with more PG than I usually use and that helped some. 80/20.

I'll give it another day or so or maybe keep it for morning vapes when I'm not looking for lung hits anyway.

Thanks for all the great info on the thread. I'm not a noob in general. In fact I have been vaping since before the 510 came out. I just haven't used this tank before and thought I would at least give it a fair shot knowing that a lot of people do like them. It's easy enough to rebuild and the flavor is good so it has that going for it for sure.
    Jean-Paul Sartre, “When the rich wage war, it’s the poor who die”

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MacTechVpr View Post
    Thanks for the acknowledgement Bill. There were times as I was stuck testing standard and loose m.c.'s that I just about gave up on the KPT. I waited to seriously adopt the dripper until I was able to roll out a true and proper electrical coil or I would have had to give up my study. That is, I couldn't have labored with two so distinctively different flavor results. Correct electrical coils mean everything for a clearo. And THAT is the reason I pursued this study. I believed that new vapors could get better than typical eGo type results on a proper tank…but that wasn't happening. And no a KPT is not a Kay, but it ain't shabby Bill! Not with a proper tensioned coil.

Yeah, no physicist, metallurgist or EE mee…but I remember my science yo.

Good luck Bill.

I have fond memories of the Protank. I read where people aren't a fan of the little topper. I used an air flow controller, which as we all know, allows control not only of the draw, but of the juice control as well. I had not yet discovered cotton at the time, or micro coils. Kanthal? What's that? How things change. No, I wouldn't expect a Protank to be a kayfun or Taifun, but a proper coil and wick solves juice issues, gurgling, flooding and leaking, particularly with AFC, and it's relatively easy to rebuild. I still have several devices in my vape drawer. I went from Protanks to carto tanks and found them better, but, again, I had not done rebuilding of proper coils yet. I know today, that I could get most clearos to vape a magnitude better with a specific and nuanced build. May take a bit of experimentation, half the fun, but I could get there. When the hobby bug bites, the impossible and never, becomes easy and now. YouTube and ECF, some wire and cotton......Yummy time. YMMV. Good luck!
    MacTechVpr and downInTn like this.
    Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire variable power.

Quote Originally Posted by quiter View Post
    In fact I have been vaping since before the 510 came out.
    What was before the 510? I have been on/off vaping for about 2.5 years but my first device was the 510 manual battery and a 45 ohm atomizer

You can grab the AeroTank base ($5.25) from http://www.everydayecig.com/product-p/kgr-afcv.htm if you want, they have a special ending today.

Coupon: Every20

That will net you %20 off of anything they carry.
    Last edited by f1vefour; 03-01-2014 at 02:30 AM.
    MacTechVpr likes this.

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by humpstyles View Post
    Just did a 100 proof vodka soak of about 5 EVOD heads and 3 PT3 heads a few nights ago, let them dry, and tonight I'm rebuilding them.

Rebuilt 2 EVODs so far; here is my third one. Had the coil on the far right crimp up on me a teeny bit, but it shouldn't affect it too much. The first one I built is vaping Boba's like a champ. No leaks, no gurgles, but the flavor isn't extraordinary. Don't get me wrong, it's delicious; it's just on par with the stock silica. Maybe it's the real taste of Boba's (since it's so hard to put a finger on). Who knows!

Think I'm going to try my first dual coil build for the PT3 after I'm done with these EVODs.

Then onto the Igo-W and the KF3.1

You're on a roll. Glad to see ya makin the jump over here. Two long threads huh? Have you tried the tension wind yet? I'm giving workshops on the technique and hope to have media coverage soon. It makes a difference in your vape and will hopefully make a difference to vaping. Your wind looks tight.

Good luck. Stick around.

M_DuBb716 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f1vefour View Post
    You can grab the AeroTank base ($5.25) from Kanger Airflow Control Valve - Protank II, Protank 3, Aerotank if you want, they have a special ending today.

Coupon: Every20

That will net you %20 off of anything they carry.
    Great find f1ve. Thank you! I hope the wise are listening. I was only able to scarf up 4 of these from my sources so far before everybody ran out. I thought Kanger had gotten serious about competing with the Nautilus. That would mean a serious effort by them to help their users retrofit and make good use of the money they had spent. But maybe that would be asking too much. The supply chain definitely seems, well, dried out.

Good luck.

Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MacTechVpr View Post
    Great find f1ve. Thank you! I hope the wise are listening. I was only able to scarf up 4 of these from my sources so far before everybody ran out. I thought Kanger had gotten serious about competing with the Nautilus. That would mean a serious effort by them to help their users retrofit and make good use of the money they had spent. But maybe that would be asking too much. The supply chain definitely seems, well, dried out.

Good luck.

bought two for $ 4.99 each from kangertech u.s.a ... still in stock