Ok No Crap HELP
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Ok No Crap HELP

Super Member ECF Veteran MonicaRae's Avatar

Default Ok No Crap HELP

1St Off Excuse The Caps Its The Site & My Phone. I Have All 808 Batts & Also A Volt Spinner.I Have Come To Dispize Cartomizers. I Hate Them Hate them .

I'm Looking For A Great Clearomizer Or Something Of That Sort. I Havent Gone The Tank Route Im A Little Intimidated Truthfully.

I Have Tried The T3 & I'm Sorry But At 1St It Seemed Great But I've Replaced Heads, Etc It Leaks & I'm Frustrated. I've Gone W/V2 Liquimax Blanks Beta & The Ex Out Of Beta. My Opinion The Ones In Beta Were Better Just Burned Thru Juice. I Just Tried SI's Nano Clearomizer I Guess Its Bottom Coil So Far So Good But Funny Taste & Burns Thru Juice.

So I Appeal To My Fellow Vapors Before I Waste More Money Please HELP ME! I've Seen Reviews On The Phoenix? Great Ones So How Is That & What Else Is GoOd & What Companies?? Pls Guys I'm Desperate.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I love , love . love Carto's with Tanks personaly ( as long as its a quality carto and tank),,,,but...Why dont you just get the Phoenix and give it a try ?

The I clear 30 has had the most favorable reviews for the clearomizers it seems to me..(Top wick assy) You may want to give one of those a shot.
    wv2win likes this.
    Keep Calm and Vape On !

I can't believe you just said that...I just posted about 10 mins ago that I just received a package of Phoenix's in the mail. I wish I could just copy and paste what I said in my post. Not a great experience so far. I got the 808 threading cuz that's basically what all my batteries are. They only work on 2 of my batteries and I know its because the connection thing isn't sticking out enough so me thinking I know what I'm doing I go ahead and unscrew it a little then pull it out a little and oh it works...next thing you know juice is running down the battery all over everything.

So I have a pack of phoenix's now I've only given 3 a go...1 which I threw away cuz it was a disaster and the other 2 so far which I've filled can only work on a couple of batteries and I'm scared as ever to touch the little connection thing.

So please tell me what I did wrong! Was I only supposed to pull a little? I'm a mess and now afraid lol.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Can you post what kind of cartomizers you got. Were they prepunched or slotted?

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaRae View Post
    I can't believe you just said that...I just posted about 10 mins ago that I just received a package of Phoenix's in the mail. I wish I could just copy and paste what I said in my post. Not a great experience so far. I got the 808 threading cuz that's basically what all my batteries are. They only work on 2 of my batteries and I know its because the connection thing isn't sticking out enough so me thinking I know what I'm doing I go ahead and unscrew it a little then pull it out a little and oh it works...next thing you know juice is running down the battery all over everything.

So I have a pack of phoenix's now I've only given 3 a go...1 which I threw away cuz it was a disaster and the other 2 so far which I've filled can only work on a couple of batteries and I'm scared as ever to touch the little connection thing.

So please tell me what I did wrong! Was I only supposed to pull a little? I'm a mess and now afraid lol.
    Tank-cartos are the most consistent and least hassle of all vaping heads. Non-tank cartos can also work fine as long as you know how to fill them and keeping them moist but not over-filling.

You can get an 808 to 510 adapter that will allow you to use 510 cartos of which there are many more. My suggestion is to get a good glass tank and use pre-punched cartos like IKenvapes or Smoktek's.

Here is a video by one of the best reviewers from ECF on how to fill a carto:

Unfortunately there is no perfect answer to your request because no matter what anyone recommends YMMV. Everyone has different tastes and is willing to put up with different things. There is no perfect trouble-free vape imho.

I started out with cigalike 808 batts and loved them when they worked good, but hated them when they didn't... and when they did work good they only worked for a short time. Also, I was buying good, expensive cartos but even still, too many were bad out of the box, and they can't be rebuilt. I got tired of boiling/topping them off/fiddling with them, and also came to hate them.

I also tried a Phoenix clearo for them... bought two 5-packs b/c the reviews were so good... and they SUCKED. Of the 10, maybe two or three worked and only until it was time to refill them... after the first refill they gurgled and were no good even though I followed the directions to a tee.

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaRae View Post
    1St Off Excuse The Caps Its The Site & My Phone. I Have All 808 Batts & Also A Volt Spinner.I Have Come To Dispize Cartomizers. I Hate Them Hate them .

I'm Looking For A Great Clearomizer Or Something Of That Sort. I Havent Gone The Tank Route Im A Little Intimidated Truthfully.

I Have Tried The T3 & I'm Sorry But At 1St It Seemed Great But I've Replaced Heads, Etc It Leaks & I'm Frustrated.
    Can't tell if you are saying you were disappointed in it b/c you had to replace heads... or were just saying it was leaking and you tried replacing heads and it didn't help. IAC all tanks will require head replacing... though if you want you can learn to rebuild them to save money. (Assume you know this but....)

I your Volt Spinner has eGo cone threads I'd recommend the Aro pyrex tank Smoktech ARO Pyrex Glass BCC - Red, with one caveat if you keep reading....

I've Gone W/V2 Liquimax Blanks Beta & The Ex Out Of Beta. My Opinion The Ones In Beta Were Better Just Burned Thru Juice. I Just Tried SI's Nano Clearomizer I Guess Its Bottom Coil So Far So Good But Funny Taste & Burns Thru Juice.
    Many (I would say ALL myself) tanks and heads require washing or soaking in something like vodka before using the first time. This to get rid of the machine oils used in the manufacturing process. Otherwise they taste horrid.

Also, most heads have a rubber grommet in them that can add a rubbery-yucky taste to the vape, especially if charred. The new Kanger heads have replaced this rubber grommet with a silicone grommet to avoid that. But there is probably a lot of old stock still out there with the rubber grommets, so if you try a Kanger tank, like the mini Protank 2 (510 connection), make sure the vendor's stock includes the new heads. The mini Protank 2 is a pyrex tank too, so good for caustic juices. However people have a love/hate relationship with Protanks... some people love 'em, some hate 'em.

The Aro tank I mentioned above uses its own Aro heads, which still use rubber grommets. That said, the Aro is as trouble-free as a vape can get, imho, aside from that issue which may or may not bother you. (I replaced my rubber grommets with silicone tubing but that involves rebuilding the heads.)

So I Appeal To My Fellow Vapors Before I Waste More Money Please HELP ME! I've Seen Reviews On The Phoenix? Great Ones So How Is That & What Else Is GoOd & What Companies?? Pls Guys I'm Desperate.
    I'm afraid no one can guarantee you won't waste more money... we are all in the same boat of trying stuff out to see what we can live with, and what we can't. Good luck though.

PS I'm not familiar with the Volt, but you can always get an adapter to use eGo or 510-threaded devices.
    Last edited by Trayce; 11-19-2013 at 09:38 PM.

I Don't Mind Replacing Heads...Rebuilding Idk! But Everyone Is Right There Is Just To Much Out There...Just Wasted Money On The Phoenix..Well A Couple Work So Far. Then I Bought The Aspire.Ego And It Don't Fit The Volt argh
    Last edited by MonicaRae; 11-19-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Monica

If you haven't already, you should check out the Smokeless Image forum. They're coming out with a bunch of Aspire clearos that would fit your Spinner.

Smokeless Image

J.R.
    Trayce and Utew like this.

"If you're not at the table; you're on the menu."

Moved On

The iClear30-S works really well and is sort of a pretend carto since the wicks are all tucked into the center chamber like the filling of a carto. If you're going to have to spend some money to get something effective it's relatively cheap. I'm still using the stock parts and today's the seventh day. I still have good taste and vapor production.

I might just end up sticking with Smokeless Images products because I bought a package of Phoenix's and they don't connect on 2 of my batteries. I fiddled with the connection thing on the bottom on 1 of them and next thing you know I look over and juice has completely leaked everywhere. What's the correct way of extending the post down? Just pulling a little bit? I think I turned it a bit then pulled down...alot...then pushed it up a little cuz I pulled down too much.

So I've only filled 2 of the Phoenix's well 3 if you count the one that just pretty much drained juice everywhere but I threw that one away. The 2 I have filled work on my Spinner and 1 of my little Volt batteries but I have a few other Volt batteries that they just won't make a connection on which is weird because it connects to one of the regular ones and they are all the same size.

Everyone keeps saying go 510 but I like my 808's and my smokeless image products. My first e-cig was a v2 actually and even though highly priced it's a good e-cig~ too bad it's dead. I won't buy another though too much money.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast