Protank 3 Coil Discrepancy - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Protank 3 Coil Discrepancy

Quote Originally Posted by DisKid View Post
    Well I ordered a second PT3 so I'll have 2 backup coils for a bit. I got some 32 gauge wire coming and just bought a multimeter so I'll be rebuilding (or learning to) my coils

Sent from my Droid to the Maxx
    If you rebuild these dual coils please let me know how that goes. I haven't found any info on a rebuild for these yet. I want to take a crack at it. Not til I get some info first though.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestVapour View Post
    If you rebuild these dual coils please let me know how that goes. I haven't found any info on a rebuild for these yet. I want to take a crack at it. Not til I get some info first though.
    I got a learning curve ahead of me. Gotta learn how to make a coil for my nemi and mini pt2 first but it's only a matter of time. I'll keep you posted as long as I don't blow anything up

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The one vid I saw where the pt 3 coils was disassembled looked like rebuilding might be an issue. The person had to break it to get to the actual coil wires. I'm holding off on getting a 3 until i more info is out on it.
    Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed grand

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" - Benjamin Franklin

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CJLaity View Post
    Buying a PT3 at the moment when the replacement heads aren't even available is like buying the PS3 now before any good games are out yet. I always find it's best to wait a while before getting something hot off the product line so they have time to work the bugs out.
    Exactly.

There are usually two distinct types of consumers when it comes to issues like this. The first type is the consumer who PREFERS to get a product as soon as it comes out. The benefits are having it first, and enjoying being one of the first to try out a new toy. The second category, of which I've always been in, is the consumer who much more prefers to sit and wait for a product to be out a good while first. The benefits of this are being able to see a plentiful array of reviews, and letting OTHER people discover the problems so that I can make an educated decision as to whether or not those problems are something I'm willing to look past.

E-cig products are one of those things, in my opinion, that are even MORE SO important for people like me to WAIT, WAIT, and then WAIT some more.....because of how fickle they can be.

I bought a pro tank 1 LONG after it came out based on reviews, and I'm glad I did. However, I waited on the PT2, and STILL was disappointed. It performs terribly for me.

I'm going to pass on the PT3. I dislike the PT2 so much, that it would take a miracle to ever order a pro tank again. Especially now, with so many great similar alternatives that IMO work better.

Quote Originally Posted by supermarket View Post
    Exactly.

There are usually two distinct types of consumers when it comes to issues like this. The first type is the consumer who PREFERS to get a product as soon as it comes out. The benefits are having it first, and enjoying being one of the first to try out a new toy. The second category, of which I've always been in, is the consumer who much more prefers to sit and wait for a product to be out a good while first. The benefits of this are being able to see a plentiful array of reviews, and letting OTHER people discover the problems so that I can make an educated decision as to whether or not those problems are something I'm willing to look past.

E-cig products are one of those things, in my opinion, that are even MORE SO important for people like me to WAIT, WAIT, and then WAIT some more.....because of how fickle they can be.

I bought a pro tank 1 LONG after it came out based on reviews, and I'm glad I did. However, I waited on the PT2, and STILL was disappointed. It performs terribly for me.

I'm going to pass on the PT3. I dislike the PT2 so much, that it would take a miracle to ever order a pro tank again. Especially now, with so many great similar alternatives that IMO work better.
    and I bought the pt2 long after it came out and I loved it! when I saw the pt3 was out I had to buy one. it is pretty nice so far sucks the life outta my batteries(waiting on my mod to get here) but pretty nice. btw I don't usually buy something when it is first released.

Me either. Didn't like the iClear 30 and liked my PT2 minis so I figured the PT3 would be nice. Does seem to caramelize juice pretty quickly so I gotta clean after every tank.

I have not experienced that problem yet I do clean it everyday though

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

How expensive are the new coils?

Looks like they are around $16 for a 5 pack.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

No they are not that expensive they are around 8 bucks a 5 pack at D.V.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast