Protank 3 Coil Discrepancy
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Protank 3 Coil Discrepancy

Full Member Verified Member

Default Protank 3 Coil Discrepancy

I just picked up the Kanger Protank 3 from 101vape and it came in on Saturday. I noticed that the coil on the one I got is different from what is out on the Kanger website.

- Notice that the one in the Kanger picture is much longer.
    - Also another difference is the top of the clearo where it meets the driptip

Just left me curious as to why that is... Maybe Kanger didn't update their product pics from an earlier design model. Not sure when the PT3 came out exactly.

From electronci cigarette. ecigs, kanger protank. kanger ecigs

From 101vape.com:

RayBans likes this.

ECF Veteran

Nice catch on that! The one that I just opened and am on my 10th vape has the short atomizer like the picture from 101vape. I'm running 100% VG on my RY4 flavor. The flavor is popping, So far I'm really impressed. Maybe they decided to ditch the long tube because the short one works better. To me it sure does, I'm really happy I ordered this. BTW How is yours going?
    Vaping since October 10, 2011! ~ Analog free since December 28, 2011! ~ Nicotine free since January 15, 2014!
    YES you can quit nicotine with e-cigs!!!

I love this thing. I'm a newbie so I've only tried the iClear 30, PT2 mini, and now the PT3. Definitely my favorite out of the bunch. Much better flavor.

I did notice that it still had a bit of the airy draw that my PT2 mini had but I fixed it....

***I wanted to see how the beauty ring that came with my MVP looked as opposed to the one that came with the PT3 and it took care of the airy draw along with the slight whistling sound that I had with my PT2 mini as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RayBans View Post
    Nice catch on that! The one that I just opened and am on my 10th vape has the short atomizer like the picture from 101vape. I'm running 100% VG on my RY4 flavor. The flavor is popping, So far I'm really impressed. Maybe they decided to ditch the long tube because the short one works better. To me it sure does, I'm really happy I ordered this. BTW How is yours going?
    Have you by chance seen any replacement coils out there for the PT3? I looked around and couldn't find any... Probably just looking in the wrong places.

I just got my pt3 last week and it has the short coil too. and I have not seen any replacements for it yet

I found them. The only place actually.. Straight from the Kanger site.

Sent from my Droid to the Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by DisKid View Post
    I found them. The only place actually.. Straight from the Kanger site.

they are sold out

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Bkag's Avatar

There is a bit of a shortage of the coils at the moment, but they should become more readily available within the next two weeks or so

Well I ordered a second PT3 so I'll have 2 backup coils for a bit. I got some 32 gauge wire coming and just bought a multimeter so I'll be rebuilding (or learning to) my coils

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Buying a PT3 at the moment when the replacement heads aren't even available is like buying the PS3 now before any good games are out yet. I always find it's best to wait a while before getting something hot off the product line so they have time to work the bugs out.
    supermarket likes this.
    Learn about this first of its kind book about vaping, the first ever full length literary work with a vaper as the main protagonist: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...vape-book.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast