Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Disappointed in iclear 30s

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Roadkill View Post
    the replacement of coils for the 30 are not the same as the 30s and one won't work in the other.
    How does one change the coils in the 30S ?

When I turn it upside down and start to remove the bottom the e-juice starts to come out of the drip tip.

Does that mean the tank must be completely empty to change the coil!!??!!

2. Advertisement
    Infraction Magnet Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by gerrymi View Post
    How does one change the coils in the 30S ?

When I turn it upside down and start to remove the bottom the e-juice starts to come out of the drip tip.

Does that mean the tank must be completely empty to change the coil!!??!!
    Yes you have to empty the tank first. The top of the atomizer head is what seals to the drip tip so there's no way I have found to "hot swap" like a carto.
    gerrymi likes this.
    RIP Clearo's RDA/RBA's - My new love is an old Carto!

What is the pg/vg ratio of your liquid? I find that my 30s has been piss-poor with high pg juices. The thicker, the better, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BeldarConehead View Post
    What is the pg/vg ratio of your liquid? I find that my 30s has been piss-poor with high pg juices. The thicker, the better, in my experience.
    I use 50/50 in my 30s and have never had an issue with flooding or gurgling or anything. I have also found that if I fill it all the way up to 3ml it usually leaks out the bottom so I usually fill it to around 2.5ml.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

PV Master Verified Member gpc2012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Roadkill View Post
    I also love the iClear30s. The 30 gives me a tight vape but I prefer the more airy draw of the 30s. Overfilling will cause it to flood and when I'm 1 ml down on the juice I've found I need to roll the juice around to keep the coil wet. Great flavor but I can easily go thru 3 ml of juice at the rate of 1 ml per hour. A fully charged battery 2000 mAh battery will last me about 3 hours at 10 watts. BTW, the replacement of coils for the 30 are not the same as the 30s and one won't work in the other.

That's the good and bad of it for me.
    Thanks for that bit of info, I wondered if it was me or that was normal. Are you using the VTR?

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeldarConehead View Post
    100% VG here and I hate them. Muted flavor, poor vapor, and lots of leaking out the hollow center pin. Filling them less did not help. I've easily lost ten or twelve mils of good juice on my counter thanks to the Innokin 16 & 30s clearos. 100% unrepairable leaking on all four iClear16 that came with our MVP2s. X.1 is the only one I've tried that's worth a damn.

Full Member Verified Member

I got one with my MVP and the head on it made everything taste bad until I soaked it for a while in some alcohol and now it works fine... No leaks or anything and it hits decently.

I have five of them and they all work great. You do have to make sure the coil tower base is seated tightly before you replace the screw on base. Don't overfill them, or they will siphon off juice, and once in a long while I get a replacement coil that scorches on the first use and once the flavor wick is scorched it never tastes the same. My guess is only one of the two coils is attached properly, but that has only happened twice out of 30 replacement coils. I use 70/30 PG/VG juice and start a 2.1 ohm coil at 8.5 Watts to break in a new coil, then bump it up to 9 watts on my SVD. It tastes great and gives me tons of vapor. Unlike other cleros I have it travels well and I even use them trout fishing on the rivers with my MVP at 4.3 to 4.4 volts. Yes, it does eat juice, but that is the price you pay for tons of vapor. They are easy to clean and easy to use, but if you scorch your wicks the coil is done as far as good taste so bump up on wattage slowly on your PV. I know that some folks use higher wattage, but they must be using different juices, different PG/VG mixes, and different PV's. My experience is that it is best to slowly bump up your power and when you hit a good sweet spot stop. If it starts tasting crispy or not as good immediately drop your power back down or you will ruin your coil/wicks. Once you scorch your wick your taste and vapor production go down hill in a hurry and the only cure is a new coil. Chalk it up to a $3.00 mistake because cleaning won't help you once your wicks are toasted.
    Last edited by fisher; 05-13-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123