Protank 2/3 ego threading
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1Macman

Thread: Protank 2/3 ego threading

Full Member Verified Member arkady9091's Avatar

Default Protank 2/3 ego threading

I've recently experienced the dreaded "stripped 510 treading" and was just curious if anybody has found a ego threaded bottom for the protanks. If not I'm thinking that I may try to solder a beauty ring to the bottom of one to see if that could be a fix to my problem, before trying to replace the connector in my mod. I'd rather destroy a 15 dollar tank before a 100 dollar mod lol.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Take a 1/8 inch wide piece of aluminum foil wrap it around the tank 510 connector then screw it on.

Works for me.

You can actually use the bottom base from the Mini Protank 2 on the full size Protank 1 or 2, they are all interchangeable. This helps fix the problem on devices with stripped 510 threads and also helps to stabilize the tank. If you don't already have a Mini Protank 2, you can find the base for a couple of bucks, online as well as some brick and mortar stores that carry replacement parts.
    spaceballsrules likes this.

Full Member Verified Member arkady9091's Avatar

I hadn't even thought of that, what I ended up doing was taking the beauty ring that it came with and putting them on and old 650 mah battery and soldered it to the base of the tank, removed it and it works great, but I can't use it on all of my mods due to their upper rings.

Wow... you guys really put some time into repairing a fifteen dollar... how bout buying a new one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Large Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimivapr View Post
    Wow... you guys really put some time into repairing a fifteen dollar... how bout buying a new one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Even better would be to just buy a new base. 510 Kanger Protank Base

Super Member Verified Member Dampmaskin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would never buy a Protank base. Why? Because it is also possible to buy an Aerotank base, which is a gazillion times better IMO.
    Steam Engine - calculators for wrapping coils, checking battery drain, and mixing e-juice.