mini protank 2 burning juice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: mini protank 2 burning juice

Default mini protank 2 burning juice

So just when I think I have this whole vaping thing figured out

Picked up a mini protank 2 the other day, after about 1 day of use, it starts burning the juice inside. Not hitting good and getting burnt taste. Put a new coil inside same thing after 1 day. I can even see the juice gets darker in the tank.

Never had this problem with the evod or big protank 2.

I am at a lose here.. any thoughts?

First arty was 1.8 and the second was 2.2. Using a ego style battery. The first time I just thought I let the tank get too low.. but same thing on second coil

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

What are you running for voltage on the eGo (assuming a vv model.....)?? Best to start LOW and work up to the point where you get a good vape with the juice you're using....If you're vaping a thick/sweet juice the coil will tend to gunk up quicker than a thinner juice....you can try thinning the juice with a DROP OR TWO of distilled water per tankful...BTW....I'm using a full-sized Protank 2......
    My early-day vape is a VERY thick coffee juice - and I find I need to clean/dry burn/re-wick every day or so....it's just the nature of SOME e-liquids...
    let us know how you make out!! Good luck!
    Happy (vaping) Trails!
    burningmoney likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Have you tried removing one of the flavor wicks? Some people need to do that to get it to wick better.
    burningmoney likes this.

Senior Member* ECF Veteran Kabooma's Avatar

I've had nothing but problems with the protank II mini, bought two, they draw too much air, for starters. Both just got a burnt taste, while the tanks were full! Once the taste came on, it never left, even after a full cleaning and vodka soak.. I would guess it's crappy wicks, but I don't know enough to really say. I went back to vivi novas, which aren't perfect, but they all have positives and negatives and they are so far the best fit I can find. Evods were okay, but messier for some reason, and my juices crack the plastic.
    burningmoney likes this.

I have read more bad comments about those than good. When I was looking to buy one, a reviewer said "...The shop told me that the coils provided with the tank have been giving people problems. So, word to the wise, if you buy this tank, buy the 5 pack...coils along with it."
    Wanna be a millionaire in 2014? Invent a good glass tank that will not fail.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

These are great tanks IMHO. You just have to know how to work with them. When you assemble it, do not tighten it too tight. Just enough to feel resistance. When you first fill it, attach it to your battery and give it 4 or 5 long slow draws without firing the battery. This will juice the wicks. The first couple of draws will not have a lot of flavor but after that they should be OK. Personally, I get the best vape at 2 volts above whatever ohm coil I have in. When you draw on it, take long slow draws.
    burningmoney, MD_Boater and DaveP like this.
    Dear Karma: I've got a list of people you missed.

I have similar problems on a different setup when i attempted to change the wick, I replaced it again and it worked fine
    burningmoney likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm using a Protank 2 full size right now, and it keeps burning my cotton wicks for some reason; the flavor wicks as well. Never had this problem on my older Protank 2 i bought a couple of months ago. It could be my juice...its 70/30 but the batch that was just sent to me seems to be darker than the previous batch, despite everything in the mix being the same.

Funny thing too is, its burning my wicks at weak voltage too. There is no reason in hell why a 2.8 ohm head should be burning at 3.7 volts/5.5 wattage..ridiculous.
    burningmoney likes this.

sorry for the lack of replies.. was working a double at work stuck with burnt juice.

So I washed out the atty and tank then let it dry out for about a half hour. got rid of the burnt taste but still was hitting very light. Then I screwed the base to the battery tighter and that solved that problem. I was happy with the world

until I woke up at took a puff.. nasty burnt taste and instantly turned the juice in the tank dark. Oh an as I was cleaning the tank I noticed there is a chip in the top part of the glass. just got it 3 days ago and havnt dropped it so I will be exchanging it tommrrow

maybe I just got a bad pack of attys.. maybe I shouldn't leave them in the glove box of my car in cold weather. So I am at work again with my old faithful evod ( ha.. just as I type this it flooded).

actually the evod is starting to taste burnt.. that would be awesome because then I would know its the juice.. well not really cause the atty came from the same pack.

edit: changed their to there and is to it
    Last edited by burningmoney; 12-27-2013 at 08:42 AM.

anyone ever have any juice just go bad? can that happen? I am currently vaping east coast tobacco from mbv

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast