PLEASE recommend a glassomizer that works! - tired of leaky Kangers, Davides, etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: PLEASE recommend a glassomizer that works! - tired of leaky Kangers, Davides, etc.

Full Member ECF Veteran Angel Eyes's Avatar

Default PLEASE recommend a glassomizer that works! - tired of leaky Kangers, Davides, etc.

OK, I had a Kanger Protank - it leaks (tried multiple bottom caps, coils, etc)

got a Davide - leaks horribly using Kanger parts, much worse than the Kanger

Davide works well with Aspire (dual) coils & set up that way - no leaks - but after less than one day the Aspire dual coils starts tasting horrible! (whereas will the leaky Kangers, the coil tastes fine for a week or two)

I just want a glassomizer for my Sigelei V3 telescope (essentially a Provari) that doesn't leak and that the coils will last for a while. SOMETHING THAT FRIGGIN WORKS!!!

Ir's crazy, been vaping for a year now, and have not had one single solitary issue with my Sigelei V3 and these dang tank systems are a problem 24/7!! ............ugh!!
    Last edited by Angel Eyes; 01-27-2014 at 05:04 AM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Eyes View Post
    OK, I had a Kanger Protank - it leaks

got a Davide - leaks horribly using Kanger parts, much worse than the Kanger

Davide works well with Aspire (dual) coils & set up that way - no leaks - but after less than one day the Aspire dual coils starts tasting horrible! (whereas will the leaky Kangers, the coil tastes fine for a week or two)

I just want a glassomizer for my Sigelei V3 telescope (essentially a Provari) that doesn't leak and that the coils will last for a while. SOMETHING THAT FRIGGIN WORKS!!!

Ir's crazy, been vaping for a year now, and have not had one single solitary issue with my Sigelei V3 and these dang tank systems are a problem 24/7!! ............ugh!!

The miniprotank base will fit on the protank; you'll need to add an extra silicone cap (inverted) on top the atomizer for a snug fit.

The miniprotank base uses the outer eGo threads; oh; does the Sigelei V3 have the eGo threads?

I got the V1; it doesn't; I use an adapter 510-to-eGo/510.
    Last edited by edyle; 01-27-2014 at 05:16 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Have you considered a cartotank?
    Katdarling likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Nermal's Avatar

I'm using a Smoketech Empire Tank. Not a dribble or problem in a couple of months.

I liked it well enough that I bought another, and will mention that one has an easier draw than the other. I cannot imagine why.

ETA: It looks remarkably similar to the Protank.
    How can you possibly respect a person who can only think of one way to spell a word? - Andrew Jackson (paraphrased)

ECF Veteran

I feel Aspire is on top right now. Their BDCs are really great. Check out Pbusardos review on them.

I'm using a Nautilus right now and its been a dream, not a single dry hit or gurgle with 100% VG.

Coils still going strong. What are you vaping and at what voltage or wattage?
    Jazzman likes this.
    Vaping: TimeBomb - Julius, SuicideBunny - Mothers Milk, AVE - Bobas Bounty.

ECF Veteran

Maybe you should look more into why the kanger heads are leaking. I've been using protanks since they came out and with a little DIY they don't leak, gurgle or flood. If you insist on using stock heads without slight DIY and assuming vaping is plug and play then your fooling yourself no matter what atty your using.
    I get a laugh at how many people post their protank head problems and hope there is a miracle fix for them when in reality its 2 minutes of realign of the coil wraps and adding a longer, thicker flavor wick... problem solved.
    Optimo114, heateris and AegisPrime like this.

Numbers reflect the savings by both my wife and I quitting at the same time.
    Our Independence Day was March 25, 2013.

Senior Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlterUrEgo View Post
    Maybe you should look more into why the kanger heads are leaking. I've been using protanks since they came out and with a little DIY they don't leak, gurgle or flood. If you insist on using stock heads without slight DIY and assuming vaping is plug and play then your fooling yourself no matter what atty your using.
    I get a laugh at how many people post their protank head problems and hope there is a miracle fix for them when in reality its 2 minutes of realign of the coil wraps and adding a longer, thicker flavor wick... problem solved.
    This... On the other hand, if you don't want to learn to rebuild kanger heads, I would suggest a carto tank
    edyle likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Aerotank by Kanger is the best on the market! Dual coil clearomizer with adjustable airflow.
    Mizchief357 and darkestdayz like this.
    I vape therefore I am ~ It's a vape thing...you wouldn't understand!-Provari Mini-chi you clone-itaste v3-itaste mvp1&2-many colors ego twists,ego vv/v3, Sigelei Legend,Hammer,Nemi clone.Gourmet e-juice afficianado.Vaping for 3+ years

Full Member ECF Veteran Angel Eyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GetVaked View Post
    I feel Aspire is on top right now. Their BDCs are really great. Check out Pbusardos review on them.
    The Aspire coils work great for about a day, no leaks, no problems, then they get this horrific bad taste, God knows what kind of Chinese arsenic I am inhahing at that point

I need something trouble-free, with coils that last, and great for the 100% VG that I vape.

Yes, I realize I could mess around with these things all day and fiddle with them, but I have better things to do!

My Sigelei V3 telescope PV does not need an hour of babysitting and handholding each day, in fact, it is completely trouble-free, never a single issue, why are the glassomizers so trouble prone?

PS - why doesn't any glassomizer company supply a high end wire for their coils such as REAL Kanthal from Sweden - you would think with the success of the Provari, someone would go high end on coils as well!
    Last edited by Angel Eyes; 01-29-2014 at 08:08 PM.

ECF Veteran

I think we'll always get a little leakage in the 510 well from a stock PT 1/2/3 coil. The wet wick is only a few mm above the air hole.

Your best bet is a sealed air flow control base. You can get a Smok version to use with any tank, an Areotank base to retrofit on your PT 1/2/3, an Areotank, or a aspire Nautilus.

You could also try a aqua/R91/kayfun/fogger/squape. They are all rebuildable bottom wick tanks with sealed 510 bases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    edyle and Cazkiwi like this.
    nemesis ~ chi-you ~ kfl+ ~ fogger v4 ~ tobh ~ IGO-S
    kiddchris.com ~ btls.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast