Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Kanger protanks are a really really bad product or am I missing something?

Ultra Member Verified Member beckdg's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i do pretty well with my protanks. they perform for me.

that said;

there's something to be said about something that is reliable and just works without worry of malfunction or reaction from juice (an issue with many plastic tanks).

if the protanks are to work for you, this will give you time to work the kinks out. if not, so be it.

what i offer you;

22mm ibtanked carto tanks to rest above your beloved provari.

get some laser punched cartos
    get an extra tube for your tank(s) just in case of catastrophic emergency
    get a slap yo mama
    get a few 510 drip tips of your liking

make sure you prime your cartos by whatever method you choose and you should be good to go.

if you're interested, take a look through baditudes blogs... E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs
    Last edited by beckdg; 01-31-2014 at 03:52 AM.
    lladnar550 likes this.

His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedMyst View Post
    I think you are missing something. I have 4 Protanks and they all work perfectly.

The only time I've3 had a leaking issue is when I've accidently unscrewed the top from the base while I was trying to take it off my mod and not paying attention. This is me in the front car causing this:

It was a bummer to lose all that juice but at least I got away clean after causing all that.
    I like my PT II with the Aerotank base. Wish you luck with yours.

So in your video WTH were the Darwin award winners thinking when they got out of their cars and stood around on the road while cars are still crashing all around them? At one point they seemed to catch on and got off the road, then just a few minutes later there they are standing right in the middle of the crashes.
    US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
    http://www.casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have read on the forums that there seem to be lots of fake Kanger products on the market. That being said I also see that there are people that love them and there are people that hate them. Of course that can be said of absolutely everything there is for vaping. Some will say that one thing is the best they've ever used and others will chime in that hate the exact same thing.

I have used Protanks 1 & 2 and they work very good for me. Every once in awhile I'll get a bad coil but for the most part I have no complaints.
    NiNi likes this.

Supporting Member

When I first got my Protank 2 I had a few issues with gurgling and sucking up e-liquid. Got so bad I put it away for a few weeks. Decided to try it out again and with reading here I have learned to make sure everything is screwed tight, don't over fill, and prime it before vaping. I set it on low and work my way up by voltage/watts.

I have now really enjoyed it so much that I have ordered a 2nd one plus an aero base to use on these....I really like the Aspire Nautilus that has the aero base and will be looking forward to using the Protanks with one.

When I did get the gurgling and taste of e-liquid in my mouth I took a pipe cleaner and ran it down the shaft with a circular motion and that took care of the problem.

Good Luck to You.
    NiNi likes this.

I have a Protank II. I don't like it at all. Have had flooding issues, burnt taste issues, leaking issues (a lot from the connector). Everything was tightly screwed together, tried removing wicks, made sure everything was in order... I find it very unreliable. I second the suggestion up the thread to try an Aspire. Just bought a second one at my local vape shop tonight (the pyrex ET-S). Vapes like a charm. Great flavour, no gurgles and it's about half the price with dual coils. I think the Protank heads are very poor quality (the vape shop guys said they won't be buying any more, they've had so many issues).
    iTaste SVD, Vamo v2 in black chrome, eGo 650 mah x2, eGo 900 mah, V3 stardusts, V3 vivi nova, Aspire ET-S BDC, Aspire ET-S (Pirex), Protank II

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

First of all, don't be blaming a PT for a Provari issue. It's well known that several devices have problems making contact with the Provari 510 connector - not just ProTanks. That, and the Provari 510 connector tends to block the air holes above the 510 threading on a PT. You can make this combination work, but the combination is far from ideal either.

As to the non connection, the most common reason for this is the coil assembly not being screwed fully into the PT. This can happen with a lot of devices, not just a Provari. Back off the coil assembly from the base, screw the coil firmly into the PT base, try again.

If you are turning your PT upside down and have complaints about liquid dripping out of it and/or getting a lot of liquid in your mouth that leads me to believe you removed the silicone cap off the vent tube on the coil assembly. That is not packing material - it's the seal that maintains a partial vacuum in the tank.

Never had any problems with my kanger products as long as I treat them right. Treat devices the way you would like to be treated Lol

You'll be fine

Na Kamali'i O Kaua'i

OK.. I'll admit I'm strange.. ocd and drive lots of people i know.. pretty crazy.. but.

I'm over $750 into vaping.. in just under 2 weeks.. and I have been to 3 stores in the Charlotte area to basically.. buy everything that strikes me as just the right kind of shiny. Something I've noticed is that of the 3 stores I checked out, one store sells many bits of hardware.. including tanks that are packaged in little tiny zip lock bags. That just won't do at all for me since I simply must have the original boxes. It's a moral imperative.

I have a bunch of Protanks.. 2, 3, and minis. They all work just fine with no issues at all. All of the batteries.. eGo, twists, spinners, worked fine. I love my Vamo and the VTR and just nothing has had a problem yet.. I just think my favorite store has good original stuff.. and they are very informative when they sell stuff.. that probably really matters.

Maybe you're buying bogus stuff?
    Why would stuff come in little bags?
    SAG and Miata GT like this.

Default Kanger protanks are a really really bad product or am I missing something?

I have 2 kanger minis and a protank that were purchase from dealers in the U.S. All of which are very reliable. I did have one mini that was purchased from another country and it was crap. I had to repair the glue two or three times - so when it fell on the garage floor and broke, I wasn't too upset.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you suspect your Kanger is a counterfeit product, go to their web site, halfway down the left side of the home page you will see "Please input the product security code to identify the authenticity" in red. On each Kanger product box the is a security code, scratch off the area indicated on the label and enter this security code. You will then get a reply telling whether or not the product you is an authentic Kanger product.

Kanger is not the only manufacturer that uses this feature, just verified my new iClear 30S at Innokin's web site.
    NiNi likes this.
    US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
    http://www.casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast