Kanger protanks are a really really bad product or am I missing something? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Kanger protanks are a really really bad product or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickajho View Post
    If you are turning your PT upside down and have complaints about liquid dripping out of it and/or getting a lot of liquid in your mouth that leads me to believe you removed the silicone cap off the vent tube on the coil assembly. That is not packing material - it's the seal that maintains a partial vacuum in the tank.
    This may be very pertinent. Will test this theory tomorrow and report back.

To all those telling me I may have bought counterfeit products. Everything was bought from ProVape E-Cigarettes: Buy Electronic Cigarettes & Smokeless Cigs - the home of the provari. Unless they're selling counterfeit protanks, that's not an issue.

Super Member* Verified Member Jenn Perry's Avatar

I have 3 protank 3s and an aero. The 3s did have terrible problems when i got the aero and the new duel coils I've had absolutely NO not one problem. I wish I knew what was happening but it most like is the older coils we horrible. i suggest getting the aero bottom for them and the new duel coils and I think it might be better for you
    ghola1was likes this.

If you don't like them then WHY'D YOU BUY ALL OF 'EM? With more on the way? IMO, the Protanks rock! The stock heads suck! Rebuild the heads correctly and they're great!
    NiNi and Jenn Perry like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've been using protanks ever since they came out and have had no problems with then but I rebuild my own heads and don't use the stock ones at all anymore.
    My take on some of the flooding and problems is:

---stock coil wicking is thin and cheap... remove wicking and replace with cotton.
    ---stock head coils are set too low in the head... slide a pin through the coil and lift it up from the center.
    ---stock wraps are inconsistant and lousy 3-space-3 configuration of wraps...take a pin and make all the wraps evenly spaced and straight.
    ---flavor wicks are too short and thin... use either twisted cotton or cutoff wicks from a old top coil atty and replace flavor wicks with a thicker, longer wick and be sure it sticks out the slits some to plug the gap under the stem cap.
    ---opaque clearish insulator on the bottom is very soft... have to pull the bottom positive pin out a bit and also the insulator to make contact with the PV and do that everytime you remove the PT from your PV.

My wife uses a provari and she has no contact or airflow issues with any of the protanks she uses so you can't always blame the PV for user error. I've commented before on how vaping isn't plug and play and so many seem to think it is. Learning DIY will put you on a path of a much happier vaper.
    NiNi likes this.

Numbers reflect the savings by both my wife and I quitting at the same time.
    Our Independence Day was March 25, 2013.

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rossum View Post
    Are they real Kangers, or are they clones from some "fast" outfit?

There's nothing wrong with a Protank that an Aerotank base and a properly rebuilt head (with a micro-coil and cotton wick) won't fix.
    all mine are clones from some "fast" place...even have clone coil packs (so much I had to take a cutoff wheel and thin the side to screw em in) I learned a little trick from an old school vaper, works every time, so easy even a beginner can do it, no...it's NOT rebuilding, but it is giving it a very simple "Tuneup"
    Last edited by WarHawk-AVG; 01-31-2014 at 10:13 AM.

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

I just got my Protank 2 last week and it has performed perfectly. I can usually see a bubble coming up from the bottom frequently and it still performs perfectly. Every now and again I get a dry hit but I'm not going to complain for the price. I'm used to Vivi Nova's so this thing is a gem in my book.
    NiNi likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by show View Post
    I just got my Protank 2 last week and it has performed perfectly. I can usually see a bubble coming up from the bottom frequently and it still performs perfectly. Every now and again I get a dry hit but I'm not going to complain for the price. I'm used to Vivi Nova's so this thing is a gem in my book.
    Eventually you will come across a head or a pack of heads that give you problem...the above "tuneup" fixes dry hits/gurgling
    NiNi likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by WarHawk-AVG View Post
    all mine are clones from some "fast" place...even have clone coil packs (so much I had to take a cutoff wheel and thin the side to screw em in) I learned a little trick from an old school vaper, works every time, so easy even a beginner can do it, no...it's NOT rebuilding, but it is giving it a very simple "Tuneup"
    I'm curious about the thinning so could you explain it a bit further.
    I have old "fast place" evods and their positive pins are bigger and have more contact area to the PV, so I put a evod pin on a drill and narrowed it with a file to be the same size and the protank pins and they work rather well.

Numbers reflect the savings by both my wife and I quitting at the same time.
    Our Independence Day was March 25, 2013.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlterUrEgo View Post
    I'm curious about the thinning so could you explain it a bit further.
    I have old "fast place" evods and their positive pins are bigger and have more contact area to the PV, so I put a evod pin on a drill and narrowed it with a file to be the same size and the protank pins and they work rather well.
    the knurling on the chimney, was too big (diameter of chimney was too round), so I got the diamond cutoff wheel on my rotary tool and used it like a mini disk sander, made it thinner so it would fit
    AlterUrEgo likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Christopherja's Avatar

Not very informative post coming up, but nonetheless, I'd chime in here with another "problem-free" account.

I have multiple PT2s ad multiple MiniPT2s, and even before I got in to rewicking/recoiling them, etc., I never had any (and really, I mean not a single, non-user error) problems - with them - that is with a range of different ratio PG/VG juices and on a wide range of devices.

A great many of your problems, OP, might be related to lack of airflow (as others have mentioned, a known issue on the Provari), and a cheap airflow controller might just save the day.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast