Kanger protanks are a really really bad product or am I missing something? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Kanger protanks are a really really bad product or am I missing something?

PV Master Verified Member edyle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kk5000 View Post
    I knew unless I was missing something others would come forward with similar issues and you guys have. We've played around with the tanks today thanks to several excellent posts on the subject here (and thank you everyone for those). Appears to be a question of getting them set right and making sure they do align right with the holes.

I do wish there was a plug and play system though. This is a real weak point with e-cigs right now. You can buy the best device (provari) and get the tank they literally ship with it and continue to have issues unless you learn how everything works and be prepared to manually rebuild the whole tank which to a non mechanical guy like me is pure hell. Is there a tank product out there that just works out of the box?
    Yes; one that is hardly ever mentioned seems to be the 510 connector; a new device will work for a few months, but down by the center pin you will eventually get problems; wouldnt surprise me if alot of ego type batteries fail earlier than they should because of problems caused down inside that connector:

1: liquid leaking past the center pin down into the electronics
    2: insulator material breakdown (especially after being affected by liquid) (insulator being the material between the center pin and the 510 threading)

That insulator material takes alot of stressing from putting and taking off toppers, and eventually it's going to wear out.

PV Master Verified Member edyle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The closest thing to a plug and play system would be a carto system.

With the protanks, I think if you changed the head everyday, you should be good; but if you're going to discard the head after then you might as well get a carto system; or you are going to save up the heads and clean or rebuild them.

Carto's themselves can't be rebuilt (yet), except for the Sophia system, which most people don't call a carto, because it uses a wick and not a big wad of filler; the Sophia is a rebuildable atomizer head built with the size and shape of a carto, so it just fits into a carto tank, instead of a special clearomizer; the predecessors to the Sophia are the Killer and the Diver; the Sophia has the ability to turn off or adjust the size of the holes (cartos have usually two holes for liquid to flow in; but the size cannot be adjusted bigger or smaller);

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456