Kanger protanks are a really really bad product or am I missing something?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Kanger protanks are a really really bad product or am I missing something?

Default Kanger protanks are a really really bad product or am I missing something?

I have about 10 of these things with my Provari. v1 & v2. Got em all.

I can't believe people use these products without hiccups because it is about as unstable as a product has ever been. Let me outline some of the problems :

1. Whether it vapes or not is an entirely random event. You may have screwed it too tight or not tight enough or there may be a bubble etc etc. You have to have it just right and NEVER open it again while it's working right to keep the situation under control.

2. If it's vaping at all there is a HIGH likelihood of getting e-liquid squirting out the front as you vape. Enjoy that. If you use highly potent 36 mg e-juice like me that could land you in the emergency room if you end up drinking enough of it.

3. If it ever falls over there is a 50-50 chance of it breaking off in your provari in which case you'll have to unscrew the broken part in the provari using a screwdriver. An exercise not up to everyone's speed.

Right now, I got 2 v2s in the mail. One worked after fiddling around with it quite a bit. The other one WILL-NOT-WORK. No matter what you do with it. A fellow vaper in my office has done everything he can with it too. Nothing. All we have right now if you screw it on and press the button on the Provari while it's upside down is it will squirt out lots of e-juice from the front onto your hand or whatever you got in front of it. We dare not try to vape off it but if we did we likely wouldn't get any vapor anyway.

Can people tell me what it is we're doing wrong and if nothing, then can someone recommend a better and more stable tank product for the provari that isn't $100+ since I'd like to buy like 5 and fill em up with different juice.
    Miata GT likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I don't use protanks for different reasons than those you mention so first I'll say carto-tanks are low maintenance compared to bottom coils.

As for troubleshooting - There is some missing information (mainly what have you tried?). Is it genuine Kanger? What is the pg/vg ratio of the juice? Have you messed with flavor wicks? Have you tried rebuilding the coil or putting a new head on it? Are you sure the rubber is sealing the air tube?
    SteelerFan likes this.
    When I'm watchin' my TV and a man comes on to tell me how white my shirts can be.
    Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't vape the same apv's as me.

Full Member Verified Member

Sorry you're having trouble, I haven't experienced anything like this with the kanger's I've used (other than my juice cracking the plastic on the T3's), but the protank 2 and 3's have been consistently reliable. You should try out some of the aspire bdc's. In my opinion, much better flavor and performance than the protanks.

Not sure where to start so I'll just sit this one out, but I'm sure you'll have more folks to help you out soon.

Just say I have never had juice "squirt out" and never worried about drinking enough e-juice to wind up in a hospital from a protank.
    TigerLadyTX, Fergie and K_Tech like this.
    "Everything in excess. Anything worth doing once is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for monks." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Are they real Kangers, or are they clones from some "fast" outfit?

There's nothing wrong with a Protank that an Aerotank base and a properly rebuilt head (with a micro-coil and cotton wick) won't fix.
    NiNi, K_Tech, meanckz and 2 others like this.

SL Freeek... Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rossum View Post

There's nothing wrong with a Protank that an Aerotank base and a properly rebuilt head (with a micro-coil and cotton wick) won't fix.
    Agree with Rossum….

While I have an assortment of vape gear there are 7 Protank 2's on mods at this moment and 3 or 4 more sitting around ready to go. Yes they do need to be set-up correctly but I like them just fine and they always work if I do my part. They get a regular cleaning...
    MacTechVpr and meanckz like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think you are missing something. I have 4 Protanks and they all work perfectly.

The only time I've3 had a leaking issue is when I've accidently unscrewed the top from the base while I was trying to take it off my mod and not paying attention. This is me in the front car causing this:

It was a bummer to lose all that juice but at least I got away clean after causing all that.
    NiNi and The Ministry like this.
    HauntedMyst - Made out of 100% Recycled Awesome!
    A tattoo on a beautiful woman is like putting a bumper sticker on a Ferrari

My boyfriend and I have PT2s and even as total noobs have had no issues. On the other hand, I see plenty of people on here talking about problems with these tanks. They seem to be all over the place. I can't say anything constructive other than that I wish you the best of luck in finding something that works for you. If my PT2 gave me as much trouble as you are getting, it would have been traded or trashed by now. You're more dedicated than I for sure.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I have to assume you are talking about the Protank II. Hope so anyway.
    I'm a bit surprised Provape is providing it in the Provari Kit as many many Provari owners have complained on incompatibility.

There are actually a few solutions. Air flow controllers allow the tank to sit in a proper position to get air flow through the 510 connection.
    The latest solution is actually the best and may likely be the answer to many owners problems.

KangerTech AeroTank Base - Sun-Vapers.com
    This allows Side air draw to the tank.
    Still, it looks like the Aspire Nautilus is a much better performing tank - however much more expensive to operate.

That was not Fanboy recommendation, I have a boat load of Kanger gear.
    edyle likes this.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rossum View Post

yup. T3s clearos with cotton microcoil and bored out air holes have become my number one vape. Kanger bottom coils rule when properly set up. And I swear these things are made with witchcraft because I have been trying to get them to crack, and they are handling everything so far. Never had a plastic tank this good before
    Miata GT likes this.
    Spent vaping: ~$1040
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkita6
    Morally upstanding Beings DO NOT debate, and discuss morality, THEY LIVE IT.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast