1.8 / 2.2 / 2.5 ohm Kangertech Evod, Protank 2, Mini Protank 2, Unitank coils - which one? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 1.8 / 2.2 / 2.5 ohm Kangertech Evod, Protank 2, Mini Protank 2, Unitank coils - which one?

Registered Supplier Team ECF (folding@home) powerband's Avatar

Ohms law, voltage and watts:
    ohms is the electrical resistance to electricity of your coil
    Volts divided by ohms = amps so @ 3.3 volts a 1.8 ohm coil will draw 1.83 amps
    Amps x volts = wattage (power) so on an 1.8 ohm coil on the 3.3 volt setting will give your coil a 6.05 watt burn

3.3 volts on a 2.2 ohm coil = 1.5 amps x 3.3 volt would equal a 4.8 watt burn
    and so on...

edit: as your battery voltage drops so will your output wattage across the coil and performance will dwindle
    Last edited by powerband; 02-10-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    COPD likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

I have a EVOD starter kit with the standard 3.7v 650mAh batteries and find the 2.2ohm coils are a nice match. For my 1300mAh Vision Spinner the 2.5's that came with the kit are working well. Higher ohm coils are supposed to last longer and that is a plus IMO.
    COPD and powerband like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

At the moment I'm vaping A Kanger tank at 1.8 ohms. Not too shabby. It works well with 2.5's as well.
    COPD likes this.

I started with a kanger mini protank with 2.5 coils and got about 25. 1.8's from fasttech. Most say they are crap, but my mvp2 says they range from 1.8 to 2.0 which is fine by me!

I have put an order in for another 25 2.4's from fasttech because half my juices are heavy pg and the 1.8's tend to give a burn taste.

So it all boils down to preference, and juices u like. Try different ones and don't be afraid to draw conclusions for yourself that differ from what "most" tell ya
    1BlackSheep, COPD and powerband like this.

Full Member Verified Member shawnphase's Avatar

stick with the 2.2ohm coils.
    powerband likes this.

Blog Entries

Wow! Once again I didn't get any subscription notices in the mail. Thanks for all the replies

Quote Originally Posted by shawnphase View Post
    stick with the 2.2ohm coils.
    This is what I wound up ordering.

Hope you like them! But could you tell us if your battery is variable voltage or not?
    COPD likes this.

Registered Supplier Team ECF (folding@home) powerband's Avatar

I like the 2.2's being in the middle and using a VV battery makes adjusting for juices of differing viscosity a good fit
    COPD likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ohms Lawbreaker View Post
    cotton/Kanthal rebuilds
    Quote Originally Posted by Btsmokincat View Post
    As Ohms Lawbreaker said above, it may be worth looking it to rebuilding them. It is actually much easier than it sounds and the quality of flavor and vapor production kicks a stock coils @$$!
    I Googled "cotton/Kanthal rebuilds" and found this video (here at e-cigarette-forum)

Vapor Lady Lounge Rebuild a Protank Atomizer, eVod Atomizer A New Way - YouTube on this thread

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...e-kanthal.html I'd love to try this! But I dunno about doing it in an 18wheeler, which is where I live under normal circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggainok View Post
    It has taken me over a month to finally realize that the "scale" for ohms on heads is not very logical to my mind. If it were not for threads like these, I would have thought the lower numbers were cooler, and going up to higher numbers would be warmer.... Vaping is fun, but complicated.
    I hear you! It makes even my hair hurt to think about watts, volts, ohms, lightning, kites, keys, and Ben Franklin. But in this case, I think of the ohms as being a dam that holds back electrical current instead of water. The lower the ohms/dam, the more the current/water flows over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Joe_ View Post
    I'm assuming the eGo you received is variable voltage because most of them out there are.
    I don't know. Santa/Mohamed gave them to me - see this post (I have to right click on the link, look at the properties, copy/paste into my address bar to get there) Can I ask this here/now? . Because of his generosity and the juice he sent, I haven't even wanted a real cigarette in 3 days now. I love him!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use and build around 2 to 2.2..... I like my vape a little cooler.
    COPD and CorallineAlgae like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast