1.8 / 2.2 / 2.5 ohm Kangertech Evod, Protank 2, Mini Protank 2, Unitank coils - which one?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 1.8 / 2.2 / 2.5 ohm Kangertech Evod, Protank 2, Mini Protank 2, Unitank coils - which one?

Blog Entries

Default 1.8 / 2.2 / 2.5 ohm Kangertech Evod, Protank 2, Mini Protank 2, Unitank coils - which one?

I'm glad the forum is being reorganized, because I didn't know where I should ask this. Maybe the moderators will move it to the correct category? (There's just too many forums and sub-forums and sub-sub-forums, etc. for a newbie like myself.)

Anyway. I'm buying a New Genuine Kangertech Mini Protank 2 V2 Ego Thread | eBay for the eGo-C setup Mohamed gave me - Can I ask this here/now? - so I can vape flavors that are known to break plastic.

From what I've gathered here (and other places) I won't have to suck/draw as hard to get a good hit with 1.8 ohms. But I'm concerned that 1.8 won't let me suck/draw long enough.

It seems the general consensus is 2.2 or 2.5 ohms.

(I'm not sure what ohms Mohamed sent me, but they work good for me.)

Thanks in advance for your time.
    Ohms Lawbreaker likes this.

Yeah, hard to say until you try a few, which you like best. I've settled in around 2, but I do cotton/Kanthal rebuilds. Kanger should really give 3 or 4 different ohm-rated heads with each new tank so folks can see which they like best. Some say different ohms for different juices but I can make do with just one.
    keonee and COPD like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Btsmokincat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1.8 = warmer vape, 2.5 = cooler vape.

FYI, in my experience Kanger heads are rarely spot on with their Ohms. A labeled 1.8 Ohm may actually be 2.1. I just checked a stock dual coil Kanger Aero head and it's labeled as 2.0 but it checks out at 2.3 Ohms.

As Ohms Lawbreaker said above, it may be worth looking it to rebuilding them. It is actually much easier than it sounds and the quality of flavor and vapor production kicks a stock coils @$$!
    Mrs C, keonee, Buggainok and 2 others like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Buggainok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Btsmokincat View Post
    1.8 = warmer vape, 2.5 = cooler vape.

FYI, in my experience Kanger heads are rarely spot on with their Ohms. A labeled 1.8 Ohm may actually be 2.1. I just checked a stock dual coil Kanger Aero head and it's labeled as 2.0 but it checks out at 2.3 Ohms.

As Ohms Lawbreaker said above, it may be worth looking it to rebuilding them. It is actually much easier than it sounds and the quality of flavor and vapor production kicks a stock coils @$$!
    It has taken me over a month to finally realize that the "scale" for ohms on heads is not very logical to my mind. If it were not for threads like these, I would have thought the lower numbers were cooler, and going up to higher numbers would be warmer.... Vaping is fun, but complicated.
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama.

^^^ Thats one of the reason i started rebuilding mine, fluctuates a bit. I like mine at around 1.5 for my Aerotank, Nice warm vape, plenty of flavor and enough TH to satisfy my needs. Stock coils can't compare to cotton in a rebuilt coil of your chosen resistance

Na Kamali'i O Kaua'i

To be honest COPD, the differences between the kanger stock replacement coils are subtle. You won't jump from a 1.8 to a 2.5 and say "WOW, what a difference!" (but you will most likely notice a difference) Have you looked into what voltage is correct for what resistance? I'm assuming the eGo you received is variable voltage because most of them out there are.
    Last edited by Joe_Joe_; 02-10-2014 at 09:46 PM. Reason: grammar

Moved On
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by COPD View Post
    From what I've gathered here (and other places) I won't have to suck/draw as hard to get a good hit with 1.8 ohms. But I'm concerned that 1.8 won't let me suck/draw long enough.
    Its best to not pull as hard as you would on a cigarette when using a clearo, in most cases a slower/lighter pull is going to get you better results.

The amount of time you get on each drag before the battery auto cuts off will not vary depending on coil resistance. Its a set number of seconds.

It seems the general consensus is 2.2 or 2.5 ohms.
    The protank mini should come with three different resistance coils, 1.8, 2.2 and 2.5. At least mine did. Try them out and see how you feel.

Personally I build all of my coils to 1.8. Before I started rebuilding them I would get the 1.8 ohm coils and remove one of the flavor wicks, I found that made a big difference. To do so, just pull the metal post off the cup of the atomizer, you will find two threads of silica sitting on top of the coil, remove one of them and then replace the post.

Good luck!

I am once again new to this and attempting to move away from analogues
    I do hear your plite

My concern has been plastic tanks (well also cleaning/ease of/replacement of....), so I hear you!

My latest purchase is a Davide Mini
    Not here yet, so I can not tell you if it really does fill the need
    Glass vial, single coil, bottom coil and breaks down nicely for cleaning

Take a look at it
    May be what your looking for as well

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Ego-C are normally starter kit Batteries.
    If so they would likely be regulated at 3.3v
    If regulated at 3.3v the best choice is 1.8ohm since the Mini-Protank is bottom coil and will Vape cooler anyway. Second choice would be the 2.2ohm
    I would recommend avoiding 2.5ohm and 2.8ohm coils unless you have a variable Voltage Battery.
    sdennislee, keonee, COPD and 1 others like this.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post
    Ego-C are normally starter kit Batteries.
    If so they would likely be regulated at 3.3v
    If regulated at 3.3v the best choice is 1.8ohm since the Mini-Protank is bottom coil and will Vape cooler anyway. Second choice would be the 2.2ohm
    I would recommend avoiding 2.5ohm and 2.8ohm coils unless you have a variable Voltage Battery.
    I totally agree with Crxess.
    The lower ohm coils will provide more wattage with the fixed voltage devices. With the higher ohm coils the wattage is way too low to properly vaporize the juice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast