Aero tank base for Protank 2

Thread: Aero tank base for Protank 2

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Aero tank base for Protank 2

Just got me one of these to try on my Protank 2 and have to admit best 6 bucks I ever spent!. I never liked the tighter draw of the new bases and this way I can adjust it the way I like it.

Just be warned if you try to make the draw too tight it will flood...but it has to be the tightest draw which I don't think anyone would like.

Of course the place I got this from is already sold out. Gonna try it out on my Davide since the bases are interchangable. If it works I see another Davide or Protank 2 purchase in my future.

Super Member Verified Member Keeferes's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola31173 View Post
    Just got me one of these to try on my Protank 2 and have to admit best 6 bucks I ever spent!. I never liked the tighter draw of the new bases and this way I can adjust it the way I like it.

Just be warned if you try to make the draw too tight it will flood...but it has to be the tightest draw which I don't think anyone would like.

Of course the place I got this from is already sold out. Gonna try it out on my Davide since the bases are interchangable. If it works I see another Davide or Protank 2 purchase in my future.
    So did it work on your Davide? I too have wanted to try this, but for whatever reason I just haven't yet. I have screwed it on, and seems it will seal alright, but haven't put any liquid in to test.

ECF Veteran

where did you buy these from ? do they come in mini protank size as well ?

Blog Entries

First one I got came from here. Second one I got came from this supplier. They sell out fast from every vendor, so when you see them in stock, grab them quick.

Don't think they work on the mini. I don't have one, but my understanding the mini uses ego threading, These are 510 only. I guess really it depends how the rest of the base is constructed to know it it work or not. Would be nice though if it will. I'd pick up a couple minis for tester tanks. Hate not filling a full size all the way to the top, and sometimes juices suck and need dumped back in the bottle.
    Last edited by Keeferes; 02-13-2014 at 10:59 PM.

ECF Veteran

ty

both sites are out of stock ... what was the price shipping included ? Its a dollar cheaper on the kangertech u.s.a site, but that won't matter if the shipping is more expensive.

I suppose you could use an ego to 510 adapter in addition to the aerotank base, but that might look ridiculous, plus there would be significant voltage drop also !

Blog Entries

They were cheaper when I got mine. $3.99 Also shipping was free at $25. I got the base, a pt2,and a five pack of pt heads for $28 shipped. By Monday everything had gone up by at least a dollar. Some things went up even more.