Micro Coils to increase Vapor, flavor & TH - Page 15
Page 15 of 1312 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast
Like Tree38963Likes

Thread: Micro Coils to increase Vapor, flavor & TH

Quote Originally Posted by Tibby View Post
    Seems like if you dont have a bottom feeder micro coils in an RBA need dripped on after every long pull. I tried one today with 32 gauge cause that's all I had. I did around 11 wraps. I coulden't seem to keep any coils touching but it looked pretty. It ohmed out at 4.7! I diden't even know what to do with it. Kind of tried it on a whim with silica. I would think with cotton you must have to saturate after every pull.
    Not really. I put about 10 drops in my small drippers, much more with ones like the IGO-L. I put the drippers on my mod so that the micro coil points to the upper left or right when I'm vaping, and the wick needs only needs to be long enough to sit in the pool of juice. If the mod is set down so it's standing up, the coil is flooded when full, but when the mod is moved horizontal when taking a vape the pool of juice moves to away from the coil.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
    etherealink likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ok. I only have a couple of Octopus RDA's. They have no cup like deck just flat with no walls. I was looking at the IGO-L.

Ok. I only have a couple of Octopus RDA's. They have no cup like deck just flat with no walls. I was looking at the IGO-L.
    Out of all my drippers, the original Octopus is the only one I never use any more. With the air-hole flat on the base like that, any juice that isn't soaked up by wick causes problems, and I use short wicks. Side air-holes work much better for me. A flat deck is okay with a side air-hole, you just want to vape up what's in it before removing the top cap to avoid a mess. You can put juice in a dripper with a side air-hole up to the hole without leaking. Of course, if you lay your PV down with the hole pointing down it will leak, but I set my mod down standing up when not vaping.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pdib View Post
    So, based on the one I just did, a dual coil micro of 32 @ 9 wraps is 1Ω. A 3-4 wrap is looking like . . . . . . . 0.5-0.6Ω? (totally guessing on leg length for the atty)
    Doubt that many wraps would fit in KPT

ECF Veteran

I use the Squids, smaller & don't have the air hole though the base. I don't use very short wicks & on the one I use as a dripper it can hold enough juice to give me at least 5 good drags, maybe more but by 5 good drags in a row I get a mean nic buzz with the juice I currently have. None of my Squid & ERA style RBAs leak but I do have to hit them to get the juice level down before I can remove the caps of it gets messy. I don't have a need to remove them often anyway.

I just ordered an IGO-L because of the size to see how much more it can hold.
    Last edited by darkzero; 06-16-2013 at 01:26 AM.

ECF Veteran

Same. I've probably wasted a few ml of juice over the course of my vaping history by removing the cap of my ERA clone before the juice is spent.

Is it possible to do a micro coil with twisted kanthal? My guess is that the slight gaps in the twist should provide ample "breathing" space, like what CloudZ did with his microcoil.
    Mech mods are ribbed for our [vaping] pleasure.

ECF Veteran

I tried a slr micro today and it didn't work too well. It was 11 wraps of 28g at .8 ohms. It worked great on a fresh battery but when it got down to 4v there was a big drop in performance. It also doesn't pop and hiss like my higher resistance micros.
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyBoy View Post
    Is it possible to do a micro coil with twisted kanthal? My guess is that the slight gaps in the twist should provide ample "breathing" space, like what CloudZ did with his microcoil.
    I was planning on trying that out when I have a chance. I loved twisted 32g at .7-.8 ohms so I'm hoping it will work in a micro too.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I just wrapped 3mm Silica with 8 wraps of 32 kanthal, coils touching for my Protank, WOW. Can't wait to see what happens after the wick soaks a while, huge plumes, came out a 3.0ohms though, will have to work on that.

2 Kanger ProTanks, 12 Kanger eVod Clearomizers, 1 Kanger 3.7volt Battery, 1 Joyetech eGo 1000 Twist, Joyetech eGo 1000 Passthrough, 2 eGo 650 VV

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

and now thanx to super x and pdib i have a micro coil on my igo l and a reo grand with reomizer on the way.this was a expensive thread to read.thanx guys

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nomorebutts4me View Post
    I just wrapped 3mm Silica with 8 wraps of 32 kanthal, coils touching for my Protank, WOW. Can't wait to see what happens after the wick soaks a while, huge plumes, came out a 3.0ohms though, will have to work on that.
    i hear ya. it's crazy how much better the vapor production and flavor is over a factory wick and coil. i used 12 wraps of 28 gauge kanthal for 1.5ohms with doubled over 2mm silica. i will be trying 30 gauge in the next day or two. i'm thinking 8 or 9 wraps for 1.4-1.7 range.
    super_X_drifter likes this.

LinkBacks (?)