Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree438Likes

Thread: Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

Infraction Magnet Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I bought these things too for adjusting coils. What's the official GN name for them, pokey things?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    RIP Clearo's RDA/RBA's - My new love is an old Carto!

Super Member Verified Member TheJakeBailey's Avatar

Harbor Freight?? I have the same set! Man, those things are sharp! GN might want something with more of a blunt tip. Safety first!
    PLANofMAN likes this.
    Member of the Clan of Carto.

Super Member Verified Member TheJakeBailey's Avatar

^. Whoops. That was for you.

Quote Originally Posted by catalinaflyer View Post
    I bought these things too for adjusting coils. What's the official GN name for them, pokey things?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Member of the Clan of Carto.

Rockin' Micro's on Cotton Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos4004 View Post
    "one of those pincher tools" is called TWEEZERS!!!! You can probably find TWEEZERS anywhere...CVS, Walmart, a gas station, in your bathroom.....THEY'RE TWEEZERS!!!!! Are you positive you want to try to build a coil??? You're going to hurt yourself. There's alot of things you should know first. Technical things....and you can't boil cotton or figure out what tweezers are. C'mon GN, if you get hurt, we all pay the price.
    Somebody needed to say this. Thank you.
    Asbestos4004 likes this.
    Atmomixani: Nemesis #5884 - Flawless: Tugboat #1769 - Loki Lab: Omega #3227 - VHO: Helios #1435, Titan #5326 - Madz Modz: NZonic V3 #3406

Quote Originally Posted by aalwani View Post
    Pincher Tool:

I prefer these for when on the go:

Though these are more handy at times, and also have a needle to adjust the coils with:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Just out of curiosity, has anyone mentioned the importance of letting go of the power button before using "pincher tools?" Or were we just going to let GN short out a couple of coils (as a character coil building exercise) before letting him in on the secret?

Did I give it away? Oops.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PLANofMAN View Post
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone mentioned the importance of letting go of the power button before using "pincher tools?" Or were we just going to let GN short out a couple of coils (as a character coil building exercise) before letting him in on the secret?

Did I give it away? Oops.
    You also need to let them cool before trying to adjust them with your fingers! I always seem to forget that little detail when rebuilding! I've got a nice little blister right on the top of my finger tonight!
    But as I was looking today, Whia does make insulated tweezers! One for 1000v even!
    "I want a tattoo of a butt with a tattoo of a butt on my butt!" Beavis
    "I float like a butterfly, and poke like a flea, JACK!" Si Robertson

Maybe if you are doing something really small you could always us a miniature pinscher.

e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?s=5ca8f4973280c0f6f91d490efcde1b8d&attachmentid=293290&d=1389250304" id="attachment293290" rel="Lightbox_11818863" >Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?-miniature-pinscher-muzzle-miniature-pinscher.jpg
    Last edited by bender817; 01-09-2014 at 05:54 AM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran WattWick's Avatar

... and always, always put the top cap back on. Don't just leave it sitting there... in case the muscle memory kicks in and makes you do stupid things... and look quite stupid for a few days.
    Ryedan and catalinaflyer like this.

Infraction Magnet Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Well GN did get his vape mail yesterday and had a go at coils but it does seem like the "Vape Black Cloud" is right on top of his house. I started reading through that thread but a threat from a mod of "vacations" has kept me from posting there. I started with his first post, read through to the end, grabbed my bottle of Grey Goose and rubbed my head with an Oi Vey!

I tried, I really REALLY tried back on the last thread we got locked but I can't keep watching the insanity. My wife is a rehab technician, in other words she doesn't know which end of a screwdriver to hold yet she rebuilds her own coils now and has great success with them. I don't understand GN but I have tried, I have offered help and he has actually listened and responded a few times, I have offered much better gear than he has which got me in trouble here on ECF but all I can do now is watch.

It appears he managed to make a Sub-Ohm coil using a needle and blunt kitchen scissors, couldn't check it because the black cloud got his ohm meter and actually got it to fire on his Ego Twist. He did post after that so his Twist didn't blow up.........yet! I don't see anything good coming out of this and honestly it's past the point of funny and becoming quite sad.
    MissKitty47, Izan and RubyRuby like this.
    RIP Clearo's RDA/RBA's - My new love is an old Carto!