Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools? - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Like Tree439Likes

Thread: Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChuck View Post
    Here ya go buddy... ask for a pincher thing, you shall receive a pincher thing.

Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?-pinch.jpg
    I think I'm finally starting to get you, cry uncle.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity—Seneca the Younger

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Coil from spool, always cool

Quote Originally Posted by zoiDman View Post
    Let's End the Madness Right here.

Now... What do I Win?
    OMG, sanity. I couldn't stand another pneumatic jack cement gunk breaker, crane jig-gy winder, winch anvil vice solution. My head was gonna break. If there's one more post today on anything that can so utterly mangle a coil, I think I'll wretch. At least a few veterans throw in the good stuff, that works, that won't break the bank. Where do I pin the friggin' Boy Scout medal?

Ok, here's one for you…and chances are you've never tried it…

Spooling directly off the coil with mild hand tension to your favorite bit or screwdriver, one that actually fits in your device so you don't have to triturate the coil during localization, imparts metal memory like a screen door spring into the wire. You end up with a perfectly formed coil that wants to remain a coil whatever you want to do with it after...torch it, pulse it, thread it, vape it, etc. It's turns are in perfect uniform contact. Scrunchy-squeezy-torchy still gets you imperfections you can't see without a magnifier. Uses for that, but not necessary. It's fun to fire my BernzÖmatic, must admit. Don't getcha nada mas tho. It's theater.

If you try it, you will no doubt see (over weeks!) what I've seen beyond just durability and stability…but significant flavor improvements deriving from the increased electrical efficiency. Sixty seconds or less to a uniform 16 you can individually and incrementally de-wind back to a perfect straight 8 or 12 in the center. Don't pull off the wire! That just reforms the initial set of the coil with an overriding energy input undoing the initial contact cohesion. That's one of the most important things to conserve not just merely the torsion but the adhesion. Turn and spin off, you lose that. Nobody ever tells ya this sh¡¡t. So sad.

Good post on those forceps. Every vaper should have at least one. Prob the most useful tool you can have, (magnetic) particularly for pesky grommets and defiant escaping coils, that otherwise choose to hide in your toolbox.

Have at it. LMK if you like what you found or pass it on.

Good luck.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by susieq60002 View Post
    Alternative pinchy tool:

Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?-untitled.jpg
    Not too bad tho, in a pinch, pardon the pun, will hold together a flamed ribbon-wire overnight for a set.

Forgive me, I have four Immortalizers…and I like pictures.

Good luck.

ECF Veteran

Default Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

Sooo, this totally isn't the right place to put this, but I did in fact FIND pinchy things, as well as pokey things, and burny things, and sharp cutty things to make it, so we'll run with it. Plus most of the people I know here are in this thread anyway. lol AND, it was all of your tips and advice given to GN that made me want to try it in the first place. So behold, my very first coil,built in the Igo L.

My thoughts... The Flavor is really good. I can see myself dripping a lot in the evenings when I'm at home. The vapor is pretty damn impressive. I'm by no means a cloud chaser, but hey, it put out a lot of vapor in my book. My issue is with the throat hit. The first few puffs I took felt like they were gonna rip out the back of my throat. The next few got a lot better, but was still harsher than I would like.

So give me some feedback or recommendations. what should I do differently, or correct on the next build? Any tips to mellow out that throat hit, etc?

I had the Igo L air hole drilled to 5/64 when I ordered, but I think I might like the tighter draw of the stock size better. might order another... We'll see. I used 28 gauge kanthal, and silica wick. Came out to a nice and safe 1.6 ohms.

Last edited by TheJakeBailey; 01-12-2014 at 11:21 PM.
    MissKitty47 and PLANofMAN like this.
    Member of the Clan of Carto.

ECF Veteran

jake that looks beautiful, do you mind me asking what level nic you vape at? the increased throat hit, from purely my understanding at this point (will have my aga t2s in tomorrow) comes from a better vape, that delivers everything better.

i believe lowering your nic, or increasing the vg you use should help, but it looks really good especially for a first build...
    MissKitty47 likes this.

ECF Veteran

Thanks Wickeddeuce. I watched a lot of videos, and threw away about a foot of mangled twisted kanthal before I got one I thought was worth screwing down. I'm at 12 mg, give or take a mg or so depending on what the vendor offers. Usually 50/50 or 60/40, so maybe some added vg would help. Some of the vids I watched mentioned changing the height of the coil to change the throat hit, but I don't know if that would apply here since the air hole is on the side? All in all, I'm just happy that it works at all. lol
    MissKitty47 likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MissKitty47 View Post
    So proud of you !!!

Sent by my cat through pure magic
    Thank you! Don't know if GN every got around to using any of the stuff he bought, but i'm happy I gave it a try. Will definitely continue trying some different ones. Now that I have found my carto tanks I'm pretty satisfied with my all day set up and am having fun tinkering with no pressure.
    MissKitty47 likes this.

Infraction Magnet Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Very nice coil Jake.

As for the throat hit, I'm going to guess your doing a lung inhale with a air hole that large and as such your getting a magnitude more juice vaporizing and as such a magnitude more nicotine which can cause a very strong throat hit. On my dual coil fog maker I use just pure VG, no flavor, no nic. When I do use a juice with even 6mg nic I get a buzz that lasts for quite a while.
    RIP Clearo's RDA/RBA's - My new love is an old Carto!

Infraction Magnet Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by xyanide View Post
    As you can see there's a blunt and a pointy end on the reverse pinchy pincher pinchtool. I like using the pointy end for straightening out coil windings and the blunt end for precision dripping. It acts as a spoony spooner spoontool all by itself and I get consistent drops with it like nothing else.
    Or pick my nose with it.
    For gawd sakes don't let GN try that or that'll be the next flavor he mysteriously gets from everything he sucks on.
    RIP Clearo's RDA/RBA's - My new love is an old Carto!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by catalinaflyer View Post
    Very nice coil Jake.

As for the throat hit, I'm going to guess your doing a lung inhale with a air hole that large and as such your getting a magnitude more juice vaporizing and as such a magnitude more nicotine which can cause a very strong throat hit. On my dual coil fog maker I use just pure VG, no flavor, no nic. When I do use a juice with even 6mg nic I get a buzz that lasts for quite a while.
    You could definitely be on the right track! lol I first bought a Scar, but decided I wanted the Igo L to tackle trying to build a single coil, before trying a double. The air hole on the scar is MUCH smaller, and I'm just using the stock coil that came in it. The flavor is good, the vapor is good,( but a little less than the Igo,) and the throat hit is just fine. Seems the differences were 1, the single vs/dual coil, or 2 the huge amount of air. I guess it's the air! Damn. Now I wish I would have left the air hole alone, but I kept reading recommendations to have it drilled. For what I paid for it, definitely not the end of the world.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast