Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Like Tree438Likes

Thread: Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

Infraction Magnet Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakeBailey View Post
    You could definitely be on the right track! lol I first bought a Scar, but decided I wanted the Igo L to tackle trying to build a single coil, before trying a double. The air hole on the scar is MUCH smaller, and I'm just using the stock coil that came in it. The flavor is good, the vapor is good,( but a little less than the Igo,) and the throat hit is just fine. Seems the differences were 1, the single vs/dual coil, or 2 the huge amount of air. I guess it's the air! Damn. Now I wish I would have left the air hole alone, but I kept reading recommendations to have it drilled. For what I paid for it, definitely not the end of the world.
    IMO - which doesn't mean much, the big air holed, dual coiled monsters are good for one thing, impressing others with a huge cloud. I have an Igo-W which is drilled and loaded with a pair of micro's and the only thing I use it for is showing off. That's why I got pure VG, it makes a better cloud without any of the side effects of a nic buzz. Furthermore I find the flavor goes way down when making those clouds so flavoring is a waste in my opinion as well.

I was in a e-cig store today where they were selling the **** out of ego starters which all appeared to be re-branded Smok products. Anyway the guy behind the counter was expounding the "huge" clouds available by stepping up to a dual coil clearo. I quietly pulled my Maraxus out of my pocket which has the Igo-W on it, took a giant lung inhale of VG and proceeded to reduce the visibility in the store to near zero, paid for my cartomizers and walked out.
    RIP Clearo's RDA/RBA's - My new love is an old Carto!

2. Advertisement
    Super Member ECF Veteran tonyorion's Avatar

I am somewhat fearful of posting this suggestion for fear that some people might do serious bodily harm to themselves. It is a thingy for the man who likes to own thingys.

Tweezers are so mundane; everybody has one. Of course, you can never find tweezers when you need them for something practical like taking a splinter out of your finger. There are those who are more fortunate and use them on a daily basis to pluck the hairs growing on their noses so they have no problems finding them.

In a pinch, those with a lack of fine motor skills can use them as a substitute for chopsticks. Tweezers are definitely handy little buggers to have around.

I cannot take credit for this suggestion since it was posted somewhere else on ECF, but my dearly departed uncle left me his jewelry making tools (not much else, may I add. He was not a very good jeweler so much preferred taking other people's jewelry to making his own. Unfortunately, he got caught a lot so I did not get to know him very well. They say he was a pretty good second story man, but he suffered an early demise when he was forced to make a premature exit and tumbled into a passing garbage truck never to be heard from again).

In that set of tools, there was a unique device called a parallel acting pliers. Perfect for making coils and cracking open pistachios.

You can probably find such thingys on Amazon or Ebay. You can be the first vaper in your vape lounge to own one and will become an instant hit with the opposite sex. In deference to the LBGT community, to the same sex as well. Even though we are vapers, we do need to observe some modicum of political correctness.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...filYc6g7WqY5EE
    MissKitty47 and PLANofMAN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyorion View Post
    I am somewhat fearful of posting this suggestion for fear that some people might do serious bodily harm to themselves. It is a thingy for the man who likes to own thingys.

Tweezers are so mundane; everybody has one. Of course, you can never find tweezers when you need them for something practical like taking a splinter out of your finger. There are those who are more fortunate and use them on a daily basis to pluck the hairs growing on their noses so they have no problems finding them.

In a pinch, those with a lack of fine motor skills can use them as a substitute for chopsticks. Tweezers are definitely handy little buggers to have around.

I cannot take credit for this suggestion since it was posted somewhere else on ECF, but my dearly departed uncle left me his jewelry making tools (not much else, may I add. He was not a very good jeweler so much preferred taking other people's jewelry to making his own. Unfortunately, he got caught a lot so I did not get to know him very well. They say he was a pretty good second story man, but he suffered an early demise when he was forced to make a premature exit and tumbled into a passing garbage truck never to be heard from again).

In that set of tools, there was a unique device called a parallel acting pliers. Perfect for making coils and cracking open pistachios.

You can probably find such thingys on Amazon or Ebay. You can be the first vaper in your vape lounge to own one and will become an instant hit with the opposite sex. In deference to the LBGT community, to the same sex as well. Even though we are vapers, we do need to observe some modicum of political correctness.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...filYc6g7WqY5EE
    Those are sweet. I am offended by what is "politically correct" these days... I'm not intolerant; I'm speaking very generally.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakeBailey View Post
    Now I wish I would have left the air hole alone,
    You could try using a piece of tape to cover half the hole to see if that helps. That's the poor man's adjustable air flow control system. Works for me if draw is too airy. BUT, a smaller air hole will in fact give a greater throat hit.

Try adjusting your coil as close to the air hole as possible. The air hole should face the coil when you place the cap i.e, air hits the coil directly when you draw. For more throat hit, cap it such that air does not hit it directly.
    Last edited by danny4x4; 01-13-2014 at 07:58 AM.
    MissKitty47 and TheJakeBailey like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Amazon has a really nice pair of pincher things that are chained together so you won't loose them.
    Amazon.com: Oh. baby Smart Stainless steel Nipple Clamps, Tweezer With Chain, Chrome: Health & Personal Care

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314