Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools? - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree439Likes

Thread: Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    I made the wick using two inches of cotton and when i put 1 or 2 drops on it i get a burnt taste.
    Give the cotton four or five good dry burns in the coil then put another 2-3 drops on it, should clean it right up!
    "I want a tattoo of a butt with a tattoo of a butt on my butt!" Beavis
    "I float like a butterfly, and poke like a flea, JACK!" Si Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    I made the wick using two inches of cotton and when i put 1 or 2 drops on it i get a burnt taste.
    Thrasher,
    As you live down in Fla, you could slide over to the surf and catch him one of those big crabs. He would then have two of them strong "pincher" tools to use. It is always good to have a spare.
    MissKitty47 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Wickeddeuce's Avatar

so i have never been able to bring myself to read more than a few sentences from any GN post, however I can spend hours going through some good threads... the Post pictures of your working wick and coil setup mainly filled by xobeloot and pdib, and others... its entertaining, and informative, this... well is mostly entertaining you guys, not him...

rebuilding really is simple, hell everything related to this hobby is simple, it just requires a small amount of studying first... and hell if not, as long as you stick to the side of caution... trial and error...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakeBailey View Post
    So to put a positive spin on all of this mess... (not this thread in particular, but the complete unabridged saga) I decided i too would try my hand at an RDA. Now I am by no means cheating on my perfectly working cartos and Ibtanked(s), but I wanted to try something different, and picked up a slightly overpriced Scar at my B&M of choice over the weekend. I'm really liking it! Just using it how it was set up put of the package, but it seems to be working well, and I'm enjoying it!

So using some of the links and information provided to, and ignored by GN, I've ordered some rebuilding materials and an Igo L, and we'll see what happens!

Lemonade from Lemons kids. All of your suggestion haven't completely fallen on deaf ears, they just haven't opened the ears they were intended for!
    Ditto. Or kind of. All of this got me interested in rebuilding my Kanger T3 heads. I really don't care for the flavor of cotton, which I had tried before, so I did choose silica.

But hey. Some torched 32 gauge Kanthal A1 later, I have a pile of functional rebuilt heads that actually work better than the factory original. I just tested one to destruction (actually, until the flavor went kind of nasty) and it works great.

My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

Ultra Member Verified Member Wickeddeuce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusPA View Post
    Ditto. Or kind of. All of this got me interested in rebuilding my Kanger T3 heads. I really don't care for the flavor of cotton, which I had tried before, so I did choose silica.

But hey. Some torched 32 gauge Kanthal A1 later, I have a pile of functional rebuilt heads that actually work better than the factory original. I just tested one to destruction (actually, until the flavor went kind of nasty) and it works great.
    i have loved all of my own rebuilt kanger heads, i have found i prefer the cotton, but instead of arguing with you, i will leave it at to each their own...

funny story to why i ended up switching to cotton though... i was having (still do) trouble wrapping around the silica... going to try a thin needle behind the silica next time (my wife doesnt want to mess with cotton, there is one cotton coil waiting for her but she hasnt used it) my kanger rebuild of choice is the bsd vertical coil... running a vertical micro coil at 1/16th with cotton wrapped around it...
    MorpheusPA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeddeuce View Post
    i have loved all of my own rebuilt kanger heads, i have found i prefer the cotton, but instead of arguing with you, i will leave it at to each their own...
    Clearly you're working for Big Cotton.

:-)

It's personal preference. Even thoroughly cleaned cotton has an unusual flavor to me. Silica tastes like nothing. Everybody's mileage varies.

funny story to why i ended up switching to cotton though... i was having (still do) trouble wrapping around the silica... going to try a thin needle behind the silica next time (my wife doesnt want to mess with cotton, there is one cotton coil waiting for her but she hasnt used it) my kanger rebuild of choice is the bsd vertical coil... running a vertical micro coil at 1/16th with cotton wrapped around it...
    I stick a sewing pin through the silica to stiffen it and increase the diameter. Once you wrap and pull the pin, the wires loosen a little bit to leave some room for liquid expansion.

T3s are neither particularly large nor particularly small as these things go, so I can get a 6/5 wrap of 32 gauge Kanthal A1 in there for around 2.2 ohms or so. Occasionally I miscount and end up with a 5/4 and 1.8 ohms. As measured on my meter, or another thing the OP should purchase for $10 from Harbor Freight or something. :-)
    Last edited by MorpheusPA; 01-06-2014 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Misspelling

My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i feel like a sex addict with herpes continuing to read this thread...
    zoiDman, Iffy, Ryedan and 9 others like this.

No Guru, No Method, No Teacher, No ego, No Chickens, No Socks, between the viaducts of your dream...

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i was having (still do) trouble wrapping around the silica... going to try a thin needle behind the silica next time
    Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?-p6300074.jpg
    Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?-pa060143.jpg

some pics i took for a pm once. the pin makes it so easy

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by MamaTried View Post
    i feel like a sex addict with herpes continuing to read this thread...
    You have a sudden desire to spread it around? Please, keep it to yourself. :-)

Ultra Member ECF Veteran WattWick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusPA View Post
    You have a sudden desire to spread it around? Please, keep it to yourself. :-)
    Sharing is caring.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast