Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree439Likes

Thread: Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WattWick View Post
    Sharing is caring.
    VD is seedy.
    PLANofMAN, WattWick and MamaTried like this.

My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

Moved On Verified Member

Sorry, but couldn't resist any longer...

Yeah, so feel free to examine the finger with your pincher thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Portertown View Post
    Thrasher,
    As you live down in Fla, you could slide over to the surf and catch him one of those big crabs. He would then have two of them strong "pincher" tools to use. It is always good to have a spare.
    Personally I find crayfish to be more ergonomic

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    MissKitty47 and WattWick like this.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Cross Locking, Heat-Resistant Angled Tweezer

Soldering Tweezer with Integral Stand

Personally I use the heck out of angle tip 4" foreceps.... When I started coil building I already had several in my gunsmithing box along with several dental scalers...

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by MamaTried View Post
    i feel like a sex addict with herpes continuing to read this thread...
    Oh gawd, that's a good line
    MamaTried likes this.
    COMPLETE THE FOURTH CALL TO ACTION BY CASAA HERE AND HELP STOP THE FDA FROM REGULATING VAPING AS WE KNOW IT OUT OF EXISTENCE !
    HERE'S THE STREAMLINED VERSION OF THE CALL FOR ACTION.
    THE DEADLINE IS AUG. 8.

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TXSundevil View Post
    You know, I have not even been vaping 4 months yet, Started with the ego kit and some ce4's, not a fan, but no fish taste, on to a twist, then mvp 2.0 a sigelei, a couple of drippers, EVOD's, T3s's, Protanks, Davide, Aspire and my beloved Kayfun. I have enjoyed all you folks on the forums, I too have felt bad, and watched the help offered to GN. The reason I was sounding off, I just wonder how I ever made it that far in 4 months without even a fraction of the problems poor GN has had? It's like he's the bermuda triangle of the law of averages or something. LOL love ya all, can't wait to read the reports on the RDA's GN!
    I'd guess that you actually have a full set of chromosomes...or don't volunteer for experimental brain surgeries. One or the other.

Ultra Member Verified Member Wickeddeuce's Avatar

First off thank you thrasher and thank you morpheus, i plan on trying with the needle out, last time i tried to get the needle in it didnt work out too well, didnt stab myself just unraveled the silica... idk... like i said my wife seems to prefer the silica (even though she refuses to try the cotton) so i gotta try it eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusPA View Post
    Clearly you're working for Big Cotton.

:-)

It's personal preference. Even thoroughly cleaned cotton has an unusual flavor to me. Silica tastes like nothing. Everybody's mileage varies.

I stick a sewing pin through the silica to stiffen it and increase the diameter. Once you wrap and pull the pin, the wires loosen a little bit to leave some room for liquid expansion.

T3s are neither particularly large nor particularly small as these things go, so I can get a 6/5 wrap of 32 gauge Kanthal A1 in there for around 2.2 ohms or so. Occasionally I miscount and end up with a 5/4 and 1.8 ohms. As measured on my meter, or another thing the OP should purchase for $10 from Harbor Freight or something. :-)
    well you are obviously working for harbor frieght... or a similar ohm meter selling company... then again, you are suggesting this to GN so i would say you are working for... harbor freight's competition... couldnt help myself...

but alas, i have the 30 gauge, i really should have listened and gotten the 32... but the only person i can blame on that one is myself... oh well, you live and you learn right? funny thing... though is the 30 should be perfect for my aga t2s when they show up... since im going to be shooting for approx 1.5 ohms...

mechs scare me... not because mechs are bad... but the operator error option scares me... (not on too low of ohms/too much amp draw) because i may end up distracted, not paying attention, etc etc and keep using a battery that shouldnt be used any more... at least on my regulated it wont fire below a certain volts... which is imho the best safety feature regulated offer... this one minor feature is what stands between me and desiring a reo like none other... naturally i would want it to be 18650 and regulated... though i would really really love a vw reo... but already asked the creator... he said he didnt want to make it more complicated...

makes me a sad panda...

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeddeuce View Post
    First off thank you thrasher and thank you morpheus, i plan on trying with the needle out, last time i tried to get the needle in it didnt work out too well, didnt stab myself just unraveled the silica... idk... like i said my wife seems to prefer the silica (even though she refuses to try the cotton) so i gotta try it eventually...
    I did that myself. I found if I held the end between two fingers, lightly, and pushed the pin in between my fingers I not only held the silica together but my fingers guide it in down the center (without sticking me, either).

Then again, I work for Big Pin, so I'm a fan.

well you are obviously working for harbor frieght... or a similar ohm meter selling company... then again, you are suggesting this to GN so i would say you are working for... harbor freight's competition... couldnt help myself...

but alas, i have the 30 gauge, i really should have listened and gotten the 32... but the only person i can blame on that one is myself... oh well, you live and you learn right? funny thing... though is the 30 should be perfect for my aga t2s when they show up... since im going to be shooting for approx 1.5 ohms...
    Fortunately, 100 feet of 32 gauge Kanthal A1 is about $4.50 on eBay. In addition to Big Pin, I moonlight at Big Kanthal.

My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

what are you guys talking about! just hold the silica with the pin it doesnt need to go inside anything lol

i think these threads are affecting everyone LOL
    Last edited by Thrasher; 01-06-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    what are you guys talking about! just hold the silica with the pin it doesnt need to go inside anything lol
    Well, that would just be too easy. :-) I do it so I'm not trying to balance two things while wrapping one around them--which doesn't work wonders on the first wrap of the wire.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast