Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree438Likes

Thread: Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusPA View Post
    Well, that would just be too easy. :-) I do it so I'm not trying to balance two things while wrapping one around them--which doesn't work wonders on the first wrap of the wire.
    well we can get you a pincher tool to help you out then

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    well we can get you a pincher tool to help you out then
    Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools? :-)

I've tried my needle nose, a tweezers, the grip on my Helping Hands...they're just not as stable as my fingers on a pin-driven wick.

Keep in mind my vision is awful and I'm a klutz. What works for me is probably overkill for the not-differently-abled!
    MissKitty47 and SkinyFatMan like this.

My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

Ultra Member Verified Member Wickeddeuce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    what are you guys talking about! just hold the silica with the pin it doesnt need to go inside anything lol

i think these threads are affecting everyone LOL
    when i initially was learning (watching youtube videos) everyone suggested putting a pin in the silica, it never occurred to me to put the pin behind the silica... remember when thinking of doing things, more often than not the simplest way of doing something is more often over looked.

trust me when i saw it why didnt i think of that... its so simple its brilliant...

though a part of me wants to try cheesecloth... supposedly a great cotton style wick... very very interested... but slightly hesitant as everything i have seen would require buying fairly massive amounts, and its supposedly been used as a wick for a while, but no one ever talks about it...

this wasn't supposed to be something people were keeping secret was it? did i just let the cat out of the bag?

i kid about the whole keep it hush hush of course, but has anyone tried cheesecloth? is there a reason it isnt popular?
    Ryedan likes this.

I have cheesecloth but I rarely use it. You need a pincher tool before you can braid it into a wick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeddeuce View Post
    though a part of me wants to try cheesecloth... supposedly a great cotton style wick... very very interested... but slightly hesitant as everything i have seen would require buying fairly massive amounts, and its supposedly been used as a wick for a while, but no one ever talks about it...

this wasn't supposed to be something people were keeping secret was it? did i just let the cat out of the bag?

i kid about the whole keep it hush hush of course, but has anyone tried cheesecloth? is there a reason it isnt popular?
    LOL, I wouldn't worry about it .

I never thought of trying cheesecloth and I have some in my painting tool box. Might give that a try just for ....s and giggles sometime. I have though used first aid gauze a while back and liked it in a IGO-L micro coil at about 0.8 ohms. The slight peroxide flavor went away pretty quick and didn't really bother me anyway. At that time I found it lasted longer than cotton from balls. I tried it again recently in a Trident with two 1 ohm coils and didn't like it. It didn't last as long as rolled cotton this time. I think I probably got better at making rolled cotton wicks, getting the amount right and not twisting it as much as I used to.

So many variables ...
    COMPLETE THE FOURTH CALL TO ACTION BY CASAA HERE AND HELP STOP THE FDA FROM REGULATING VAPING AS WE KNOW IT OUT OF EXISTENCE !
    HERE'S THE STREAMLINED VERSION OF THE CALL FOR ACTION.
    THE DEADLINE IS AUG. 8.

Moved On Verified Member

Driving back on the other lane to see if the car crash was still ongoing... Looks like the driver of the wreck has been removed, but the aftermath seems to still be rather lively

Surprised this hasn't been closed down yet... hehe
    MissKitty47 and TheJakeBailey like this.

Its all comedic value from here on out. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...pin-0157e3.jpg
    MissKitty47 and Nu2Dis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bender817 View Post
    I have cheesecloth but I rarely use it. You need a pincher tool before you can braid it into a wick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    sorry was going to reply earlier but had an issue to deal with... the method i saw used for cheesecloth was that you simply roll it...

yeah first aid gauze does not seem nice to me, that and knowing my luck id accidentally grab the israli bandage, and use that gauze which would be bad, very very bad...

idk about the cheesecloth, its something i am kinda interested in, but not entirely sure... the biggest reason i am intrigued by it, was pointed out in the video i saw... cotton can be hit or miss... too much, too little, too tight, too loose... any number of minor variables... the cheesecloth is measurable...

idk ryedan if you try it let me know what you think of it, and how it compares...

I have some. When I get more wire I'll pinch up a micro and see how many strands I can hook through it. It'll probably look like one of those white shaggy looking mops. lol

Quote Originally Posted by bender817 View Post
    I have some. When I get more wire I'll pinch up a micro and see how many strands I can hook through it. It'll probably look like one of those white shaggy looking mops. lol
    hey hey hey... hey now... those white shaggy mops can hold a deceptive amount of liquid... which to me, screams great things for a wick...

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast