Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree439Likes

Thread: Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

Moved On
    Blog Entries

Default Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools online? Any vaping sites have them? I usually see them all over the place but I'm looking everywhere today and can't come across one of them!

I have no idea what that is. What's it used for? Someone will come along who knows.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Are you talking about a tool for squeezing coils together to make micro coils?
    If that's the case, you can use just about any set of needle nose pliers or tweezers.
    I got these from amazon and they are perfect! A bit over kill for just that purpose, but I use them for several other tasks, so I wasn't sweating the $
    Xuron 450S Ultra Precise Tweezer Nose Plier with Serrated Jaws: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Asbestos4004's Avatar

"one of those pincher tools" is called TWEEZERS!!!! You can probably find TWEEZERS anywhere...CVS, Walmart, a gas station, in your bathroom.....THEY'RE TWEEZERS!!!!! Are you positive you want to try to build a coil??? You're going to hurt yourself. There's alot of things you should know first. Technical things....and you can't boil cotton or figure out what tweezers are. C'mon GN, if you get hurt, we all pay the price.
    ProVari, VaporShark RDNA, Sigelei 100w, HexOhm V2, Reo Grand, Hana DNA 30, 4Nine, Paragon, Penny, King, Nemesis, Overdose, Stingray, Doomsday, SquapeR, Orchid, Kayfun, Taifun, Tugboat, Vulcan, PlumeVeil, Lemo, TOBH, RoseV2, VA Cyclone, Origin, Veritas, Magma, iStick

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Keep Calm and Vape On !

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Here ya go buddy... ask for a pincher thing, you shall receive a pincher thing.

Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?-pinch.jpg

Oh duh... TWEEZERS!!!! LOL Yeh, Walmart/Walgreens/any dollar store.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

ECF Veteran

You can also get a lot of small tools that is good for this kinda stuff at Joe Anns fabric in the bead section. They are cheaper then Amazon. Also I got some of mine @ fasttech if you don't mind the wait thou. They where really cheap. Please thou be sure you do your research on what you want to do first. And if you need answers to other ?s be sure to ask. Most people are very helpful here.
    Very happy owner of a Billet Box

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Asbestos4004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChuck View Post
    Here ya go buddy... ask for a pincher thing, you shall receive a pincher thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PINCH.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	291511
    Thats AWESOME!!!
    I can hear it already:

"Bad News! on the Bum Pincher! Everybody and their mothers have recommended these Bum Pinchers. They seem to be all the rave from the members (vendors) on this forum. Well, MALARCKY! I can't seem to get mine out of the box! I mean, it's ridiculous to have to buy some of those cutty thing a ma jigs to open the box to get my Bum Pinchers out! Where would someone find some of those cutty things anyway? I seem to recall seeing them somewhere along my 4 year journey of vaping and learning everything there is to know about vaping along the way. Dang, where's my cigarettes.... Anyway, this box smells to me like fish butt. I'm not sure how safe it would be to pinch a coil with a Bum Pincher that came out of a box that smelled like fish butt! Smells a little wicky, too. I think they used cheap Chinese silica in the packing tape that they sealed the box with that I seem to need to invest in a pair of cutty things to open. I actually review cutty thingys too, so maybe one of you vendors can send me some free cutty things to review. {insert a million more pointless comments here}
    So thats it folks...Bum Pincher...BAD NEWS!!! Oh, one more thing.....I spell whether "wether" . I do it over and over in all of my reviews. I'm not wrong, it's just how I spell it. aka don't tell me to spell things right or to tip my dirty clearomizer that I found in a dumpster."

It may go that way.
    ProVari, VaporShark RDNA, Sigelei 100w, HexOhm V2, Reo Grand, Hana DNA 30, 4Nine, Paragon, Penny, King, Nemesis, Overdose, Stingray, Doomsday, SquapeR, Orchid, Kayfun, Taifun, Tugboat, Vulcan, PlumeVeil, Lemo, TOBH, RoseV2, VA Cyclone, Origin, Veritas, Magma, iStick

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Silverdove View Post
    Please thou be sure you do your research on what you want to do first. And if you need answers to other ?s be sure to ask. Most people are very helpful here.
    That won't be necessary, he has said he knows everything there is to know about vaping, and once he does his first coil build he plans to author the master of all rebuilding threads and school everyone here. Can't wait.

To avoid feeling like a troll I'm going to try and help:

You can use tweezers:

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3779181

Available in an array of shapes, sizes, and colors. Best to stick to metal tweezers if you plan to torch it.

You can also use some needle nose pliers, which is what I personally use if following the clamp & torch method. Get the kind with the super long, skinny jaws. The skinny jaws will absorb/transfer less heat and allow you to get the coil red hot quicker:

http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/pr...FcQ9QgoddA8AEA

You can also use hemostats, although don't lock them or you'll crush your coil!

Hemostats [HEMOSTAT] - $17.75 : Crime Scene, Forensic Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos4004 View Post
    Thats AWESOME!!!
    I can hear it already:

"Bad News! on the Bum Pincher! Everybody and their mothers have recommended these Bum Pinchers. They seem to be all the rave from the members (vendors) on this forum. Well, MALARCKY! I can't seem to get mine out of the box! I mean, it's ridiculous to have to buy some of those cutty thing a ma jigs to open the box to get my Bum Pinchers out! Where would someone find some of those cutty things anyway? I seem to recall seeing them somewhere along my 4 year journey of vaping and learning everything there is to know about vaping along the way. Dang, where's my cigarettes.... Anyway, this box smells to me like fish butt. I'm not sure how safe it would be to pinch a coil with a Bum Pincher that came out of a box that smelled like fish butt! Smells a little wicky, too. I think they used cheap Chinese silica in the packing tape that they sealed the box with that I seem to need to invest in a pair of cutty things to open. I actually review cutty thingys too, so maybe one of you vendors can send me some free cutty things to review. {insert a million more pointless comments here}
    So thats it folks...Bum Pincher...BAD NEWS!!! Oh, one more thing.....I spell whether "wether" . I do it over and over in all of my reviews. I'm not wrong, it's just how I spell it. aka don't tell me to spell things right or to tip my dirty clearomizer that I found in a dumpster."

It may go that way.
    Yeah a bum pincher might be covered in bacteria and virus.... you know what would work well? BOIL THE BUM PINCHER. Oh wait.... can't do that...
    Last edited by UncleChuck; 01-05-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast