What Am I Doing Wrong? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What Am I Doing Wrong?

Full Member ECF Veteran Softrockstarr's Avatar

Ugh, why did I buy a Vamo again?

Okay update: I tried firing my Kayfun on an eGo battery to see if I could get the coils to glow since whenever I WOULD get a reading from my Vamo it was always around 2 ohms and nothing. What in the hell could be the problem?

Super Member Verified Member 1buda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Softrockstarr View Post
    Okay update: I tried firing my Kayfun on an eGo battery to see if I could get the coils to glow since whenever I WOULD get a reading from my Vamo it was always around 2 ohms and nothing. What in the hell could be the problem?
    So what your saying is you get no reading off your vamo? Does the coil glow when connected to an ego battery?

Quote Originally Posted by 1buda View Post
    So what your saying is you get no reading off your vamo? Does the coil glow when connected to an ego battery?
    My Vamo occasionally reads it properly for a second or two, then I try to fire it and and I get the "low load" reading and if I check the ohms it tells me either 0.0 or 0.1. I've tried raising the centre pin on my Vamo and nothing. I got the coil to glow once for a few seconds and then nothing so I'm starting to think that it's not my build but the Kayfun isn't making a proper connection with the Vamo (but then, why can't I get it to work on my eGos either?).

Super Member Verified Member 1buda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Softrockstarr View Post
    My Vamo occasionally reads it properly for a second or two, then I try to fire it and and I get the "low load" reading and if I check the ohms it tells me either 0.0 or 0.1. I've tried raising the centre pin on my Vamo and nothing. I got the coil to glow once for a few seconds and then nothing so I'm starting to think that it's not my build but the Kayfun isn't making a proper connection with the Vamo (but then, why can't I get it to work on my eGos either?).
    If you can't get it to work on either devices, it has to be the kayfun. How are you making your coils?

Quote Originally Posted by 1buda View Post
    If you can't get it to work on either devices, it has to be the kayfun. How are you making your coils?
    I'm confused as to how the Kayfun wouldn't be working properly but yeah, I've tried a few different builds from anywhere from 5 to 11 wraps with either 30 or 32g Kanthal and nothing is firing.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Make sure the legs of the coils are lifted off the posts?

sent by my mind.
    brass Lab with brass Tugboat.
    Tibs DNA30 box.
    vintage vapors/tasty troll/galactic misfitz/suicide bunny

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

How are you connecting the coils to the posts? My first time out, I stuck the ends in the side holes. You're sure you're getting both legs secured under the screws? If it was reading 2 and now nothing, either the coil has lost the connection, there's a short somewhere (even inside the Kayfun), or there's something wrong with the Vamo.

If everything on the coil checks out, check to see if the airflow adjustment screw is all the way in. When mine is completely closed, the tip of the screw makes contact with the center tube underneath (where you can't see it unless you take the bottom off), and that will cause a short and "0" reading.

Quote Originally Posted by alisa1970 View Post
    How are you connecting the coils to the posts? My first time out, I stuck the ends in the side holes. You're sure you're getting both legs secured under the screws? If it was reading 2 and now nothing, either the coil has lost the connection, there's a short somewhere (even inside the Kayfun), or there's something wrong with the Vamo.

If everything on the coil checks out, check to see if the airflow adjustment screw is all the way in. When mine is completely closed, the tip of the screw makes contact with the center tube underneath (where you can't see it unless you take the bottom off), and that will cause a short and "0" reading.
    This is what I've got going on right now. The wire is under the screws and I just loosened the airflow screw a little. Still nothing.

What Am I Doing Wrong?-10014548_10154133353190691_1635092000448557522_n.jpg
    What Am I Doing Wrong?-10151349_10154133353185691_1943392088451633233_n.jpg

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

if your connections are tight and no part of the coil other then the connection points is touching metal then it should fire. do you have a 510 to 510 adapter? im just thinking its the 510 connection on the mod, its not making contact with the pin on the kayfun. another thing that can cause it not to fire is to low of a resistance but most likely its not that because your using 30 & 32g wire which is high resistance so im sure its not to low. one good thing about those resistance checkers or multimeters is that you can check the coil before even setting it into the kayfun to see what resistance it at. my brother had a vamo and always had issues with his not making contact with certain attys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast