Why Am I Finding It So Hard To Screw Down My Coils Properly on Russian 91% / Kayfuns Lites?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jpcwon
  • 1 Post By distortoblotto

Thread: Why Am I Finding It So Hard To Screw Down My Coils Properly on Russian 91% / Kayfuns Lites?

Default Why Am I Finding It So Hard To Screw Down My Coils Properly on Russian 91% / Kayfuns Lites?

Is there some kind of technique I'm missing with the kayfun? The slightest move of the coil and it comes off the screw. Also when I turn the screw it just seems to push the wire out away from it. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a total pain in the ....? Do you wrap the coil around the screw or make a u-shape? Anything I've tried doesn't seem to be successful. Doesn't help that the deck moves either. It's much easier on those atties where you poke the wire through a hole and screw down. I thought these were supposed to be easy to do?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Try wrapping the piece of Kanthal CLOCKWISE around the screw post (or are you already doing that?). That way when you tighten the screw, it will have a tendency to keep the wire underneath the screw head...I usually wrap mine like 3/4 the way around the post and sinch in down....
    SteamHead likes this.
    -JP-
    "Vaping will save me money........Right?"

So kind of like an S shape with the coil in the middle?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpcwon View Post
    Try wrapping the piece of Kanthal CLOCKWISE around the screw post (or are you already doing that?). That way when you tighten the screw, it will have a tendency to keep the wire underneath the screw head...I usually wrap mine like 3/4 the way around the post and sinch in down....
    Yep, only adding to keep a little tension by pulling on the excess wire while tightening.
    jmercury1 likes this.

A clean Topper is a Happy Topper!

Proud member of the CASAA