More underage people putting ecig vaping videos on youtube - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: More underage people putting ecig vaping videos on youtube

Senior Member ECF Veteran hippiebrian's Avatar

Here in California it is illegal for anyone under 18 to even USE tobacco products, and the cops will ticket and call/contact parents when possible.

I agree with those who would rather see teens vape than smoke, however for them to be open and putting it on the net is just fuel for the abolitionists and should NOT be tolerated!
    McVapor and rainkeltoia like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Im not sure if I commented this comment yet but if I did I'll say it again:

I dont dissagree with teen vapers but I don't think they should be out in public vaping either. They should stay inside, get a passthrough and vape at there friends, in their car or in their room. If they cannot keep it off the streets they shouldnt be vaping. You gotta remember that the public image doesnt come from those that are arrested but common everyday people word of mouth. After a while it can look like a bad thing.

But it is better than smoking, I am tied both ways :S
    Vaping + Minecraft... One is an addiction, the other a way of life.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Who knows maybe fda is putting them on.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I can see both sides really. But I think ultimately, the point is underage people aren't legally supposed to be involved with tobacco. Teens are gonna learn about an e-cigarette whether it's an adult or another teen. I'd personally prefer it to be an adult if they're gonna do it.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Sorry if this constitutes necro'ing a thread. But I really think we have to be careful in jumping on these. Or at least, being absolutely clear that the motivation for getting these juve vids pulled isn't being misconstrued by the anti-smoking/"anti-anything I don't do" brigade. I'd hate for us all to be inadvertently playing into the hands of knee-jerk white knights who will look for any excuse to put vaping in a bad light.

Unless You Tube are robustly making clear why those vids were yanked, it could be sending out a message that e-vaping itself is a self-harm hot topic and they're on it like sonic, rather than the objection being under agers doing something they ought not to be. Also, as people have said, smoking law internationally is rather fragmented.

Sure, we don't wanna see kids showing us up, but I think the best way is to flag, but definitely use the comments section to be absolutely clear what the objection is.
    Last edited by b3ast1e; 09-14-2011 at 12:09 PM.
    Uma and rainkeltoia like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Flagged! It is still easy for kids to buy Cigs at the local "stop and robs".

I've encountered many teens smoking. Usually I give them a small lecture on how it's bad for them. But after I tell them that Vaping isn't as bad.
    Although I personaly don't believe that e-cigs should be avaliable to minors I do believe that if they're going to smoke dispite being informed about the danger to their health that they're better off vaping. The lesser of the two evils if you would...

Hey ECF. I found some more videos. You know the drill!
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/G_--qB09J2Q
    Says He's 18 but his age on his profile says 26. To me this is a sign that he is possibly underage.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/1UEKI1ZDslk
    Another one.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/jmpPmuf3m18
    And another one

Angus.

EDIT: Just realized that my embeds failed. replaced with URLs
    Last edited by ch33s3mast3r; 11-20-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran VictoryNotVengence's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ch33s3mast3r View Post
    Hey ECF. I found some more videos. You know the drill!
    Vaping my E-Cig -HD- New Camera - YouTube
    Says He's 18 but his age on his profile says 26. To me this is a sign that he is possibly underage.

Chillin' smoking my e-cig - YouTube
    Another one.

E-Zigarette Test deutsch - YouTube
    And another one

Angus.

EDIT: Just realized that my embeds failed. replaced with URLs
    I don't think so. I would only flag the ones that are blatenly minors.

But thanks for taking up the cause!

Senior Member* ECF Veteran brittanyNI's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have recently come to the conclusion that any form of drug addiction is a serious problem because once a person is addicted, it warps the person's hierarchy of values to give that substance and its supply an inordinate level of priority in his life. Anytime a substance takes priority, it is a problem.

Though, obviously, if one is going to serve an addiction, it is better to do so in a less rather than more immediately harmful way; the mere fact of being addicted in and of itself is problematic.

Addiction to nicotine takes a while. It isn't like crack. So I agree with the position of stopping teens who vape. Down the road, I look forward to vaccines that are being developed to block the effects of nicotine and thereby prevent and treat the addiction.

I have seen some data that nicotine itself is not very addictive without the other alkaloids in tobacco. However, the large population of dedicated vapers who invest substantial amounts of time, money and experimentation even for years after quitting smoking indicates to me that nicotine itself is in fact highly addictive.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast