More underage people putting ecig vaping videos on youtube September 2011 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: More underage people putting ecig vaping videos on youtube September 2011

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran John Phoenix's Avatar

There is no legal vaping age. Vape is not smoke. It is illegal to market e-cigs to minors, as well as sell e-cigs and cigarettes to minors BUT a minor cannot be hauled into jail for smoking or vaping. It is 100% legal for a minor to use an e-cig.

As long as the minor does not purchase e-cigs himself then neither he or the seller is breaking any law. It is only illegal to purchase, not use e-cigs for minors and that goes for smoking too.

The idea of underage vaping is we don't want to encourage nicotine addiction however mild it is with the type of nicotine used in e-cigs, to a new generation of addicts.

If a 15 year old smoker is addicted to nicotine via cigarettes and he switches to e-cigs, then he can use them legally, and post videos about e-cigs legally. There is no law against the use or posting videos of e-cigs for minors. ( only the marketing to and selling of)

The fact that you see more minor e-cig videos may reflect the fact that more legal underage smokers are switching to a less harmful alternative.

This is my understanding of the situation. I think it's great that if they Must smoke they use an e-cig instead. Of course we don't encourage new nicotine addiction But teens WILL smoke and get hooked on cigarettes regardless if e-cigs are there as an alternative or not, so I go with the lesser evil.

You Must Not tell these kids they have to stop making e-cig videos ! Kids are impressionable and you could cause the kid to get mad and go back to smoking which WILL kill them.

Ask them to please not introduce the e-cig to kids that are non smokers instead. Do Nothing else. These kids are Not breaking the law.
    Last edited by John Phoenix; 10-27-2011 at 11:28 PM.
    Uma and Str8V8ping like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran VictoryNotVengence's Avatar
    Blog Entries

another vid, please thumbs down and leave comments (I can't leave comments because the kid blocked me)
    This is his 2nd vaping vid after his first one was already flaged and taken down

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I just gotta say imho making minors take down videos or trying to stop them from vaping is ridiculous . I know a lot of you are not going to agree with me but this is my opinion . There is nothing illegal about a minor using a ecig or even a real cig for that matter . Im sure most of us began smoking at a young age .I started smoking when i was 16 . If vaping is helping these minors to quit smoking regular cigs then i am all for it . Buying ecigs or analogs is illegal but can you prove they are buying it . Im sure when i was a minor and wanted to quit smoking my parents would have been glad to buy me a ecig to be able to stop smoking . You should be complimenting them for being mature enough to take a initiative to want to quit smoking analogs . If someone sent me a email telling me to take down a video and stop vaping i would also reply with a nasty comment .The only thing i can see someone trying to get a video taken down for is if a kid is trying to promote non smoking minors to start smoking/vaping because its cool .
    Last edited by Str8V8ping; 11-04-2011 at 05:25 AM.
    Uma and John Phoenix like this.

DailyVapes
    1.DIY SDCookies2DIY Carapplecinna3DIY toffee4DIY GBCMods:1Provari2.VariMini3.BP4.Str8's modsPIF

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by throatkick View Post
    Living in constant fear and surfing the internet to "erase" any misuses of e-cigs is an exercise in futility. If youtube videos cast doubt on our right to vape, then we are on much shakier ground and have greater problems than a few videos.
    it seems to me that all our rights are on shaky grounds these days

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Str8V8ping View Post
    I just gotta say imho making minors take down videos or trying to stop them from vaping is ridiculous . I know a lot of you are not going to agree with me but this is my opinion . There is nothing illegal about a minor using a ecig or even a real cig for that matter . Im sure most of us began smoking at a young age .I started smoking when i was 16 . If vaping is helping these minors to quit smoking regular cigs then i am all for it . Buying ecigs or analogs is illegal but can you prove they are buying it . Im sure when i was a minor and wanted to quit smoking my parents would have been glad to buy me a ecig to be able to stop smoking . You should be complimenting them for being mature enough to take a initiative to want to quit smoking analogs . If someone sent me a email telling me to take down a video and stop vaping i would also reply with a nasty comment .The only thing i can see someone trying to get a video taken down for is if a kid is trying to promote non smoking minors to start smoking/vaping because its cool .
    I don't care if minors vape, and I've never sent them a message telling them to stop vaping.
    It's the posting of videos of them doing it on youtube that is the ONLY issue here.

Blog Entries

Please thumbs down, flag, and leave comments for this video

THis account had 6 vaping videos, they were all taken down except for this one.

Blog Entries

bump. This video is still online. please help get it taken down.

DMF

I flagged it, not as "drug abuse" as was suggested but as "breaking the law" As they are vaping nicotine product and are obviously under age and it is against the law for minors to use nicotine in any form.
    It is difficult to be certain they are under age but by their look, and as someone who has both worked in a retail outlet and learned to "card" by certain "tells", and someone who is a mother of four grown children, I am fairly certain they are under age. If it turns out they are of legal age to use nicotine product, then I predict they are BARELY of legal age.
    Last edited by DMF; 11-07-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    I am a vaporwulf!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I flagged and reported it.

Vapin'Tools ~ Bp, Ip, Buzz, Slap Yo Mama, DIY Juice
    Fusion 801, Vision, Fluxo's, M1A1 Tank, Lil Mama Tank

Uma
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I left a hopefully informative posting. Feel free to add to it and maybe we can get an educational dialog going eventually.

They are not mean devils out to screw us over. They deserve an explanation as to why they are being attacked. They need to be made aware of the consequences of their actions.

Perhaps they are 18.
    Last edited by Uma; 11-06-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: clarify thoughts
    UNITED WE STAND... divided we fall.
    Join http://casaa.org & protect your right to vape

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast