The VMax - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The VMax

Mac
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Vmax looks like a great product and the price isn't bad, either.
    I really like it a lot!

It looks so much like my satin stainless Provari that it resembles a twin.
    I have an opinion on that topic but am not allowed to express it as per the forum rules.

understand the case is brass ... much better than aluminum.
    I'm pretty sure I was told steel. I'll check on it and get back to you.

I wonder about the warranty, though. How long is it covered for failures and defects?
    My retail customers enjoy a 90 day warranty which is the same warranty provided to me by smoktech. I can't speak on the policies of other vendors. ALWAYS read the fine print before purchasing.

I read that it can produce a 5 amp vape or is that the c-rating of the battery? 5 amp loads are unheard of in the variable mod world.
    I cannot answer that question. I'll check into it and get back to you.
    I'd hate to advocate nicotine use, violence and insanity. But they've always worked for me.

Vaping At FL370 Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hey Mac, how you been buddy!!!

Mac
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTJD View Post
    Hey Mac, how you been buddy!!!
    I've been doing pretty good. Super busy with work, not much time for doing music. But really good. Haven't seen you in a while either. What have you been up to?
    I'd hate to advocate nicotine use, violence and insanity. But they've always worked for me.

Vaping At FL370 Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I've been doing pretty good. Super busy with work, not much time for doing music. But really good. Haven't seen you in a while either. What have you been up to?
    It's hard to catch up with older posters here, too big of a forum. Good to see you! Still travel International mostly in Europe last few years. Try to help with posts in the travel sub forum . Stay in touch brother!
    Mac likes this.

Mac
    Blog Entries

The word from Smoktech is that the Vmax is indeed made from steel. I'll get back to you on the 5amp thing.

Question Some troubling issues after several weeks of use

Ok, so, first off, this is the best hitting pv ive ever used, but there are some problems, or maybe i have a defective unit.

1. Contenually generates heat in the body of the unit, it is always warm, rather disturbing, and i usually have to change batts 2x a day, so 3 sets total.

2. Every morning when i wake up, the batteries are dead if i leave the endcap on

3. defaults to 5v, switches to defaults from the lightest bump on the bottom of the unit, this has killed coils

4. Display goes wonkey most the time, missing segments, just wrong display, etc

Anybody else have these issues or do i just have a dud? are they corrected in the silver ones? any info would be great guys...

Mac
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cidu View Post
    Ok, so, first off, this is the best hitting pv ive ever used, but there are some problems, or maybe i have a defective unit.

1. Contenually generates heat in the body of the unit, it is always warm, rather disturbing, and i usually have to change batts 2x a day, so 3 sets total.

2. Every morning when i wake up, the batteries are dead if i leave the endcap on

3. defaults to 5v, switches to defaults from the lightest bump on the bottom of the unit, this has killed coils

4. Display goes wonkey most the time, missing segments, just wrong display, etc

Anybody else have these issues or do i just have a dud? are they corrected in the silver ones? any info would be great guys...
    It sounds like you got one from the first defective run. I am hearing that on those any setting below 4.2 immediately spike back up. If I were you I'd contact the vendor you got it from. The build where they fixed it defaults to 3. I haven't had a single one of those issues and both myself and my fiance are using them heavily every day and have been for 2 weeks. I am using VMax branded 18350's and getting between 2-3 days of heavy use. I don't take the batteries out til they need charging.

8. 07-31-2012, 02:53 AM

Moved On

Reason
    Associates not permitted to post

great to hear, thanks for the reply Mac.
    Last edited by cidu; 08-02-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Mac
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cidu View Post
    great to hear, thanks for the reply Mac.
    You are welcomed. I'm glad I could be at least a little helpful.

Mac
    Blog Entries

I read that it can produce a 5 amp vape or is that the c-rating of the battery? 5 amp loads are unheard of in the variable mod world.
    I'm still waiting on an answer for this. I haven't forgotten.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast